Manchester United

redrus

A lot of United fans are hailing this as a fantastic signing, but personally I’m not so sure…I can see another Berbertov on the horizon.

Van Persie is a great striker there is no denying that; winning the Premier League golden boot with an impressive 30 goals last season, however this is a player with some “baggage” attached.

Firstly he is extremely injury prone, since joining Arsenal in 2004 he has been injury an incredible 27 times, and has meant an average of only 26 starts per season. Based on his history, and the fact that he is already 29, I can’t see him even making it to Christmas before he picks up his first injury at United.

Read full article and see full RVP injury list

A lot of United fans are hailing this as a fantastic signing, but personally I’m not so sure…I can see another Berbertov on the horizon.

Van Persie is a great striker there is no denying that; winning the Premier League golden boot with an impressive 30 goals last season, however this is a player with some “baggage” attached.

Firstly he is extremely injury prone, since joining Arsenal in 2004 he has been injury an incredible 27 times, and has meant an average of only 26 starts per season. Based on his history, and the fact that he is already 29, I can’t see him even making it to Christmas before he picks up his first injury at United.

Read full article and see full RVP injury list

Sometimes you need to take risks and besides, he wont be called upon to carry the team for 90 mins every single match unlike at Arsenal.

Daft question mate.....! He fits in like Yorke/Cole and Sheri/Oli or any derivative of those four that fit. Four strikers was always the norm at OT.

If Hernandez doesn't like that he shouldn't have come but, I feel the red tops are making something out of nothing there.

redrus

I think the key to it is staying in all competitions and thereby giving all strikers a crack at the whip. I have to say though, i am a little worried, as for me bringing through, developing, and holding on to players like Welbeck and Hernandez, is crucial long-term. I hope we manage the juggling act. SAF has done it before of course.

There has been reports that RVP's house has been set on fire, they are suspecting arsene.

On a serious note i have left sunny thailand and back in sydney just for a few weeks and cannot wait to get back to thailand it is bloody cold over here, but the news of van Persie signing has warmed me up, i thought we was not a buying club no more, but alas our manager when wounded will try and buy the tittle backtongue.png

How about this starting 11 fellow reds.

RVP Rooney

Kagawa

Cleverley Carrick Scholes

Evra Ferdinand Vidic Rafael

De Gea

Without wingers so we don't have to attack down the flanks no more, or i should say we have a plan B now.

or

RVP Rooney

Nani Carrick Cleverley Valencia.

or

RVP

Young Kagawa Cleverley Carrick Nani.

And rest Rooney or replace Rooney for Young.

We have so many options now, what would be your prefered starting 11?.

RVP Wayne

Young, Kag, Carrick Valencia

Evra, Vidic, Smailing, Rafael

degea

but this could change of course with nani on left or right as needed, giggs on the left as sub for young, jones, Rio if both are healthy, scoles, clevs cm subs, smailing can play rb, rafael could go cover for evra as needed. Chico/Danny for Rvp or Wayne, Point being we have options and we need them if injuries creep up. haven't even mentioned ando.

There has been reports that RVP's house has been set on fire, they are suspecting arsene.

On a serious note i have left sunny thailand and back in sydney just for a few weeks and cannot wait to get back to thailand it is bloody cold over here, but the news of van Persie signing has warmed me up, i thought we was not a buying club no more, but alas our manager when wounded will try and buy the tittle backtongue.png

How about this starting 11 fellow reds.

RVP Rooney

Kagawa

Cleverley Carrick Scholes

Evra Ferdinand Vidic Rafael

De Gea

Without wingers so we don't have to attack down the flanks no more, or i should say we have a plan B now.

or

RVP Rooney

Nani Carrick Cleverley Valencia.

or

RVP

Young Kagawa Cleverley Carrick Nani.

And rest Rooney or replace Rooney for Young.

We have so many options now, what would be your prefered starting 11?.

Regards Kagawa and how he fits in, i think until we see how he copes with playing in England, it's a bit early to say. No reason to think he won't fit in, but you never know..

My team

DDG/linndegard

RAFEAL/jones VIDIC/evans SMALLING/ferdinand EVRA

VALENCIA/giggs CLEVERLY/scholes KAGAWA/carrick YOUNG/nani

RVP/hernandez ROONEY/wellbeck

more subs

ANDERSON

BABE

POWELL

MACHEDA

FLETCHER

KEANE

BLACKETT

VESELI

Edited by MrRed

^

Bitter to the last... wink.png

redrus

So you've got Rooney,Welbeck and now,Van Persie.Where does Hernandez fit into the equation? Personally,I think he's better than the other three.

Daft question mate.....! He fits in like Yorke/Cole and Sheri/Oli or any derivative of those four that fit. Four strikers was always the norm at OT.

If Hernandez doesn't like that he shouldn't have come but, I feel the red tops are making something out of nothing there.

redrus

I don't read the crap rags so I didn't even know they were on the subject. I hope he get's the arseache and wants to move because he's too good a player to be sitting on the bench.

My team

DDG/linndegard

more subs

ANDERSON

BABE

POWELL

MACHEDA

FLETCHER

KEANE

BLACKETT

VESELI

Like i keep telling you Red, every team needs a defensive mid player !

My team

DDG/linndegard

more subs

ANDERSON

BABE

POWELL

MACHEDA

FLETCHER

KEANE

BLACKETT

VESELI

CLEVERLY smile.png

My team

DDG/linndegard

more subs

ANDERSON

BABE

POWELL

MACHEDA

FLETCHER

KEANE

BLACKETT

VESELI

CLEVERLY smile.png

Where does Scholes fit in this picture? :D

My team

DDG/linndegard

more subs

ANDERSON

BABE

POWELL

MACHEDA

FLETCHER

KEANE

BLACKETT

VESELI

CLEVERLY smile.png

And also Fletcher he made a comeback in the u21 team at stoke and played 90mins won 1-0 by us Wotton scored for us, good to see him back after all he has been through, not ready for the 1st team yet but maybe in a few months tie.

Sunderland last night made a move to sign £5 million Dimitar Berbatov as the race for the Manchester United misfit begins to hot up.

Reead more http://www.mirror.co...-oneill-1268443

Fergie to quit Old Trafford in two years as United boss lines up swoop for Baines

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190347/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-quit-Manchester-United-years.html

Edited by Notstupid30

United move for Buttner Second Dutch star claims he is Old Trafford bound

Vitesse Arnhem's Alexander Buttner has revealed that he is set to seal a 'dream' move to Manchester United.

Southampton, Fulham and Queens Park Rangers have all made bids for the 23-year-old - but now it appears he is on his way to Old Trafford in a shock move.

Left-back Buttner, who was included in Holland's preliminary squad for Euro 2012, now appears to be closing on a move to England with the deal reportedly worth €5million (£3.9million).

Speaking to regional tv station Omroep Gelderland Buttner admitted he was about to seal his 'dream' move.

"This is really a dream come true," he said.

"It was all arranged very quickly and of course I am very delighted. Happily everything is coming to an end."

Buttner has been in dispute with Vitesse over his attempts to seal a move away from the club, and had even taken his case to the KNVB (Dutch FA) - but now he looks to have got his wish of a move away from the Gelredome.

United had long been linked with a new left-back with Everton's Leighton Baines believed to be Sir Alex Ferguson's top target - but now it seems Buttner is the man he wants to provide competition for Patrice Evra.

The Old Trafford club are still to comment on the Buttner situation.

Source : http://www1.skysport...ove-for-Buttner

Fergie hints at another signing Ferguson confident Glazers will back him in market

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted that he could make one more signing before the transfer window closes.

Ferguson had indicated at the unveiling of Robin van Persie on Friday that the Dutchman's arrival from Arsenal was likely to be the last bit of business this summer.

However, Ferguson has revealed he is confident he would get the backing of the club's owners, the Glazers, if he wanted to make another foray in the transfer market.

"I think that is maybe it [in terms of signings this summer]," Ferguson told MUTV. "Maybe in one other position.

We have spent a big amount of money and, if I need to go to the owners, I am sure they would say 'yes'. But it's only if a certain player would become available."

Ferguson revealed earlier this summer he could be in the market for a new left-back with United short of cover and he has been linked with a move for Everton's Leighton Baines.

Source : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8003619/Fergie-hints-at-another-signing

Edited by Notstupid30

Good news about Buttner if all true,a good technicaly gifted attacking full back at a good age to put the pressure on Evra.

3/4 million is not a bad price for him either.

Yea seems good but never seen him play before ? Plus just seen this KAKA could be on his way to OT on a loan 100K would be fine for him anything more then that just crazy if you ask me ? I heard De Rossi on his way to Eastlands would be nice if us also put in a offer ?

United offered shock Kaka loan deal as Madrid await Modric arrival ‎

Read More : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190728/Manchester-United-offered-Kaka-loan.html

Good news about Buttner if all true,a good technicaly gifted attacking full back at a good age to put the pressure on Evra.

Yea seems good but never seen him play before ? Plus just seen this KAKA could be on his way to OT on a loan 100K would be fine for him anything more then that just crazy if you ask me ? I heard De Rossi on his way to Eastlands would be nice if us also put in a offer ?

Read More : http://www.dailymail...-Kaka-loan.html

Can't see Ferguson going for this. Crap paper talk imho.

Read More : http://www.dailymail...-Kaka-loan.html

Can't see Ferguson going for this. Crap paper talk imho.

Many newspapers are going with this story also just read Rio could be out for a month with a groin injury .. OMG

Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote could be also on there way to OT but can't seeing Newcastle letting them go in all truth

Edited by Notstupid30