Manchester United

redrus

Well done on that monumental victory. Who's up next CFR Cluj-Napoca? blink.png

Do I detect a soupcon of sarcasm BJ ? ............unsure.png

Who? Moi ken? I'm just mis-understood biggrin.png

I noticed that Braga were winning. So the Refs turned off the lights to let United gather themselves back together.

You must be very proud Red. And the good news is that you'll be protected again next year of getting drawn against any footballing teams.

I know ....that comes with being successful over years of playing in the Champions League wink.png and winning it! whistling.gif

see on the world stage we are seen on par with barca real bayern,but city on par with cluj,and lesser teams in the comp,most in europe had not heard of city before 2007. smile.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah, yeah. Can I have four candles biggrin.png

F U N E X ?

9 V F N 10 E X !!cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Keep em coming Corbett

see on the world stage we are seen on par with barca real bayern,but city on par with cluj,and lesser teams in the comp,most in europe had not heard of city before 2007. smile.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

To go with your 3 gold stars.... ;)

redrus

see on the world stage we are seen on par with barca real bayern,but city on par with cluj,and lesser teams in the comp,most in europe had not heard of city before 2007. :)

You must admit though, your record in the cl is not really that good. You have been on top or there abouts of the epl since its inception, yet you have only won it twice in that time.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

To go with your 3 gold stars.... wink.png

I fear it was before your time Rus. Young whipper snapper biggrin.png

You must admit though, your record in the cl is not really that good. You have been on top or there abouts of the epl since its inception, yet you have only won it twice in that time.

Aww. Don't say things like that mjj. It'll burst the bubble they all occupy.

Have we not won it 3 times, and city's one European trophy watched by the lowest ever crowd for a European final 7968 laugh.png yes fergie has under achieved in Europe and i am sure he is honest enough to admit that, it could have been 1 or 2 more if not for a excellent Barca team!!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

To go with your 3 gold stars.... wink.png

I fear it was before your time Rus. Young whipper snapper biggrin.png

LOL thanks for that mate, I am wondering what you're on about now...??!!

redrus

Admittedly we haven't won it as many times as we should have but, I believe our record in the last 15 years or so is better than anyones what with appearances, and getting through etc but, its trophies that count at the end of the day and, the CL has eluded us many times when, infact, it has seemed easier to win it... (bar those 2 routs V Barca..!!)

redrus

And a pen!

And it was *issing down

QUALIFIED it does not matter who is next bojo we have QUALIFIED already.......tongue.png

One of the worst first halfs we have played for some time. Had possession but did nothing with it and never looked close to scoring. Bringing on RVP helped a lot and we got a lucky break with the keeper coming out, combined with some fantastic opportunism and skill from our striker. Then we won the penalty, which looked a bit harsh to me, although their pen in the first half was 50/50 too, with their player running into Evans and him nowhere to go, so evens stevens. Was worried for Rooney taking it, must have been quite high pressured for him, but after having missed his last one, was the right thing to do. Like falling off a bike, need to get straight back on. Looked for a second like he might have lost his balance in the run up, but thankfully it went it and hopefully that's restored his confidence. As i said before, i really don't think he is a bad pen taker at all, and am happy for either him or RVP to take them - both equally as good. The third goal was a bit fortuitous too. Little pea really bumbled about and almost screwed things up. He is improving but i still feel he hasn't got back to the player he was when he arrivied. Same goes for Welbeck really - improving but still not 100% sharp.

Anyway, as you say Red, important thing is we have qualified. Remaining two games we can blood in some of the younger chaps to give them experience on the big stage.

Hope for a good game tonight guys.