Manchester United

redrus

Sir Matt Busby=Sir Alex Ferguson=Sir David Moyes? ..........smile.png​ Bring it on. One thing is for sure Ferguson will be in the stands and his presence will carry weight always at OT.

do you think that's a good thing though? ghost over your shoulder etc. . .

Busby ghost didn't do Fergie much harm,who knows it is a difficult one.

that's not the same thing. busby was actually dead. much to my regret, ferguson isn't yet.

Busby died in 1994 God bless him.

Ferguson joined United in 1986 it took him 3 years to win a trophy and another 3 to win the league Sir Matt Busby was there.

• Like 1

Sir Matt Busby=Sir Alex Ferguson=Sir David Moyes? ..........smile.png​ Bring it on. One thing is for sure Ferguson will be in the stands and his presence will carry weight always at OT.

do you think that's a good thing though? ghost over your shoulder etc. . .

Busby ghost didn't do Fergie much harm,who knows it is a difficult one.

that's not the same thing. busby was actually dead. much to my regret, ferguson isn't yet.

Busby wasn't dead when Fergie took over, far from it.

"Busby, give us a wave, Busby Busby give us a wave" (I'm 37 ;) )

redrus

i think if ferguson had stayed then rooney was almost certainly gone. moyes? he'll want to keep him. might not be his decision though.

There is absolutely no doubt that Moyes rates Rooney and I read an article once where Moyes said Rooney helped launch is managerial career. However, he made big money out of Rooney once. I don't think he'd have a problem flogging him on again.

"Busby, give us a wave, Busby Busby give us a wave" (I'm 37 wink.png )

redrus

yeah but busby wasn't an ambassador and club director hanging around the place like remembrance of times past was he? notwithstanding many united fans wanted ferguson out before that mark robins goal.

and you're only 37? jesus man. ;)

i think if ferguson had stayed then rooney was almost certainly gone. moyes? he'll want to keep him. might not be his decision though.

There is absolutely no doubt that Moyes rates Rooney and I read an article once where Moyes said Rooney helped launch is managerial career. However, he made big money out of Rooney once. I don't think he'd have a problem flogging him on again.

might be out of his hands though. think ferguson almost certainly signed kagawa to replace rooney. everything now though isn't about what mister ferguson did or wanted is it? going to be an interesting summer.

"Busby, give us a wave, Busby Busby give us a wave" (I'm 37 wink.png )

redrus

yeah but busby wasn't an ambassador and club director hanging around the place like remembrance of times past was he? notwithstanding many united fans wanted ferguson out before that mark robins goal.

and you're only 37? jesus man. wink.png

Busby was there every week, no fail...!

I (do not) fear, the term, 'ambassador' had not been utilised in its current form, regarding football in that era.

Yes, as a very young man (boy), I sang 'Fergie out' too.

redrus

Some tabloid nonsense. Rooney on his way to Chavski, Ronaldo on his way back to United. Somehow, I don't believe that at all.

I think the Rooney exit talk is very plausible. Just need to find someone stupid enough to pay his wages....what is it? 250k per week?!!

United should have got rid of Rooney three years ago when he threw his toys out of the pram and was supposed to be joining City for 50m.

I doubt if they will get half that now.Rooney is 27 and should be at his peak but he's nothing like as good as when he was 18.He's overweight and cumbersome and his lifestyle has caught up with him.

SAF....fantastic achievements as a manager at United and,also,at Aberdeen where he broke up the old firm monopoly and won the Cup Winners Cup by beating Real Madrid in 1983.

In the last 40 years or so only Paisley,Shankly and Dalglish can begin to come close to matching his managerial record,imo.

"the most successful managerial career football has ever seen " :clap2::cheesy::cheesy:

OMG, I knew united fans were deluded, but this is taking the piss really!

Go on, I will bite. Who has a better record?

Never thought I would find myself defending Ferguson, but I simply dont get the above post?

Hi tounge is probably stuck to a window , so you might have wait a while.

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

No doubt Fergie's record is outstanding, but I think Mourinho will/is challenging for the most successful.

I don't think he is anywhere near 49 trophies yet though.

No doubt Fergie's record is outstanding, but I think Mourinho will/is challenging for the most successful.

from barney ronay in today's guardian:

"On his own Ferguson's won more trophies than Arsenal, who first started trying to win them in 1886."

• Like 2

Mourinho's on twenty so far, at fifty years old and after thirteen years in management.

By the time SAF was fifty he had won thirteen trophies and had been a manager for seventeen years.

But can Mourinho be anywhere near as successful over the next twenty one years as SAF has been over the last twenty one?

• Like 1

Some tabloid nonsense. Rooney on his way to Chavski, Ronaldo on his way back to United. Somehow, I don't believe that at all.

I think the Rooney exit talk is very plausible. Just need to find someone stupid enough to pay his wages....what is it? 250k per week?!!

Mancini will be the first in the queue thumbsup.gif