Manchester United

redrus

No Hernandez today. Is the super sub injured?

Also Valencia is no longer number 7, he is 25. Is this a superstition thing or is an arrival due?

I heard that wearing the number 7 shirt was weighing on his shoulders after all the great players at united who had worn number 7 before, maybe bull nut who knows.

We have been hearing from the usual suspects "You won't win anything with Moyes as Manager" well that ones put to bed, now it will be "Well it was only Wigan" who did they beat to get there ?

Good run out, Raphael hamstring strain, but he is suspended for next week against Swansea anyway.

Thought Zaha put in a great shift and Giggs proved if your old enough your good enough. Carrick man of the match.

Ferdinand not injured, just a rest after the testimonial.

Swansea next week away could be one of the most difficult games of the season. Glad I have kept TRUE for the time being the United channel on 119 is great.

This is what happens........when you become Manchester United manager.

Britain%20Soccer%20Community%20Shield.JP

175987176.jpg

Even a blind squirrel will find the odd nut.laugh.png

True it is a worthless exercise really isn't it and wigan as the FA Cup winners were poor....i would of much rather played the losers laugh.png

This is what happens........when you become Manchester United manager.

Britain%20Soccer%20Community%20Shield.JP

175987176.jpg

Even a blind squirrel will find the odd nut.laugh.png

True it is a worthless exercise really isn't it and wigan as the FA Cup winners were poor....i would of much rather played the losers laugh.png

Famous last words Red !thumbsup.gif

Thought that evra had the best game i'de seen him have for, would it b harsh to say years? but certainly a while, wonder if he's been carrying knocks, or maybe he's getting into yoga his 'body shape/tone ' looked excellent .looked like he'd lost a couple of years, i was gonna say pounds but there's defo a bit more to it than that. Oh and thought that cleverly was quietly effective, which bodes well for England in the nor so distant future. and Ferdinand dropped?

Raphael is out for 5 weeks with hamstring strain.

Ferdinand wasn't dropped .Moyes will nurse him through the season as SAF did.

Back four is the least of United problems.

Evra was good on the weekend, think he has had the wake up call with the talk of Baines coming.Will reserve judgement until he has to defend against a quality winger as he got taken to the cleaners many times last year and the top teams are quite aware of that

Thought that evra had the best game i'de seen him have for, would it b harsh to say years? but certainly a while, wonder if he's been carrying knocks, or maybe he's getting into yoga his 'body shape/tone ' looked excellent .looked like he'd lost a couple of years, i was gonna say pounds but there's defo a bit more to it than that. Oh and thought that cleverly was quietly effective, which bodes well for England in the nor so distant future. and Ferdinand dropped?

I will just highlight that so Alfie and his bitches Carmine and Smokie don't miss it wink.png

Agree Evra looked very sharp and the team played quiet well, just need to strengthen in the midfield area, if Carrick gets injured we will be Fooooked.

See Rooney looks fit and sharp for England, there is something happening maybe he does want to go?

Agree Evra looked very sharp and the team played quiet well, just need to strengthen in the midfield area, if Carrick gets injured we will be Fooooked.

See Rooney looks fit and sharp for England, there is something happening maybe he does want to go?

i'd have thought he'd be a Chelsea player by the end of the month. If he can't get to grips with the fact that Van Persie is and always will be a better striker than he will be. Rooney's not a natural striker anyway.

I suppose he must be really thick too if he thinks he can dictate to Jose Mourinho where he plays.

• Like 1

i'd have thought he'd be a Chelsea player by the end of the month. If he can't get to grips with the fact that Van Persie is and always will be a better striker than he will be. Rooney's not a natural striker anyway.

I suppose he must be really thick too if he thinks he can dictate to Jose Mourinho where he plays.

rooney was born thick and just got dumber.

can't see united selling him to a rival in that way though - particularly without replacing him with someone at least as good.

I will just highlight that so Alfie and his bitches Carmine and Smokie don't miss it wink.png

If your getting excited by the description of "quietly effective" red, then your midfield is in need of replenishing more than i realised whistling.gif

Footnote : How are your signings going by the way ?

If your getting excited by the description of "quietly effective" red, then your midfield is in need of replenishing more than i realised whistling.gif

Footnote : How are your signings going by the way ?

tony hibbert is very much looking forward to replacing the injured rafael in the united squad.

rooney was born thick and just got dumber.

can't see united selling him to a rival in that way though - particularly without replacing him with someone at least as good.

Rooney is undoubtedly unhappy at the moment but, as StevieH says, I can't see Man U selling him to a main EPL rival. If Man U were to sell him it would make much more sense to use him as part of a deal for somebody like Modric or even Ronaldo.

All this 'must have Rooney, only want Rooney' talk is just Mourinho mind games. The fact that Rooney is stupid enough to believe every word is an added bonus for Mourinho.

While I'm sure he would like Rooney at Chelsea because he is a very good player, I'm equally sure that Mourinho knows he's got virtually no chance of signing him. The main reason to keep emphasizing the importance of signing him is to disrupt Rooney and Man U's preseason preparation and create disharmony amongst the players, especially with the start Man U have got. And on his day he can hurt the best of teams so what better way to ensure Rooney doesn't play against Chelsea later this month.

Apart from the Merseyside Derbies, mind games have not been part of the issues Moyes has had to deal with. Now he's in a job where mind games are an everyday problem and Mourinho will try to gain every advantage he can. This is just Moyes first test.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

there were never any mind games in the merseyside derby with moyes - we just rolled all over them whether he liked it or not. he's a lightweight both in managerial terms and in psychological warfare terms.

i agree though, i think this is mourinho just <deleted> with him really. don't think chelsea really want rooney. they've got loads of striking and attacking midfield options without him.