Manchester United

redrus

The only time you can be offside from a corner is if the ball is touched again, by the attacking team (eg a flick on). Hence why some attacking players cross the goalline when the corner is struck, so they are not on the field of play and cannot be ruled offside, should the ball be flicked on.

redrus

So then your not offside from the corner are ya, your offside from where the ball was touched tongue.png

Fastidious facetiousness dear sir...... clap2.gif

Meanwhile in other new, Mr Fellaini has been spotted near Carrington.....

post-16343-0-34712800-1378134548_thumb.j

redrus

• Like 1

I don't want to fall out with you Redrus, but I'm beginning to have serious reservations about your credentials buddy.

Hahahaha, I wonder, exactly, which credentials these maybe... whistling.gif

United within hours of purchasing their THREE main deadline day targets - See more at: http://redrants.com/united-within-hours-of-purchasing-their-three-main-deadline-day-targets/#sthash.wqaDsyb2.dpuf

Manchester United are on the verge of securing their THREE main transfer deadline day deals leaving enough time to sprinkle a bit of luxury on the squad during the final few hours.

Ander Herrera and Marouanne Fellaini are deals which just require the T’s crossing before becoming ‘confirmed’ while Juan Mata is working hard to push his transfer out of Chelsea before the window closes later today.

United have had serious enquiries rebuffed for the Chelsea playmaker due to their unwillingness to sell Wayne Rooney to them but, with Mata out of patience, the two parties are doing all they can to bring about a positive conclusion with both parties confident a deal can be reached.

With £40m the figure confidently thought to be enough to capture the Spaniard, United’s officials are circling in-and-around London waiting to set the deal up.

Fellaini-4-4-OT-2012-200x2001.jpgThe Fellaini deal is thought to be worth £25m which is slightly embarrassingly a snippet above Fellaini’s recently expired buy-out clause although at this late hour it’s more about getting the player than criticising the clubs recent actions, there will be plenty of time and takers to castigate the club when the window shuts and everyone can evaluate their summer.

United are hopeful the three deals will be done by early evening which leaves them in the position to bolster the squad with a bit of luxury. How much they have left to spend and who that luxury could be remains to be seen.

The biggest worry for me is the possible loss of Kagawa to PSG though. Rumours locally suggest he’s going nowhere but it would be a shame if he were to go without really being given ample chance to impress especially when you consider the chances (season after season) Anderson, Nani and Cleverley (to name but a few) have enjoyed during their time at the club.

Today, in my opinion, strengthens the argument for closing the window before the season starts, today is a complete farce, total theatre.

redrus

Edited by redrus

£15 million bid for Baines rejected....

Numerous sources.

If Mata is a red in the AM, I will be bloody amazed. Stranger things have happened but, I seriously doubt it.

redrus

See, I've always said threats work! :-D

£15 million bid for Baines rejected....

Numerous sources.

If Mata is a red in the AM, I will be bloody amazed. Stranger things have happened but, I seriously doubt it.

redrus

See, I've always said threats work! :-D

Hahahaha :D (I called Moyes immediatley.)

redrus

Current Paddy bets on players to sign for United tonight.......

Fellaini 1/8

Baines 3/10

De-Maria 8/1

Mata 7/1

Cabaye 16/1

Ozil 18/1

*Ronaldo 4/7

redrus

Edited by redrus

Fellaini 1/8

Baines 3/10

De-Maria 8/1

Mata 7/1

Cabaye 16/1

Ozil 18/1

*Ronaldo 4/7

It wouldn't bother me one iota if you got the Everton lads but I really hope you don't get any of the others. Mourinho needs shooting if he lets you have Mata

• Like 1

Fellaini 1/8

Baines 3/10

De-Maria 8/1

Mata 7/1

Cabaye 16/1

Ozil 18/1

*Ronaldo 4/7

It wouldn't bother me one iota if you got the Everton lads but I really hope you don't get any of the others. Mourinho needs shooting if he lets you have Mata

Well The Star are mocking up pictures of Ozil in an Arsenal shirt, so he's probably not off there.

Baines is a definite no no, IMO and, we don't need him anyway, again IMO.

Agree re Mata, I would love him at United and think he would fit in spectacularly.

Ronaldo's odds have gone wild in the last 16 hours though, no doubt through the Bale saga ending so secretly.

redrus

*edit, and, Kagawa at 3/1 to go to PSG scares me too.. :( What a bloody stupid thing that would be, seriously..!!

Edited by redrus

Moyes would be a fool to let Kagawa go, but then again....

My own faith in Moyes and my trust in Fergies decision has not wavered after 3 games mate, ask me if it has in 2014, at some point.. ;)

redrus

My own faith in Moyes and my trust in Fergies decision has not wavered after 3 games mate, ask me if it has in 2014, at some point.. wink.png

redrus

Got to give him a go mate, but till not convinced, he deserves a season though. Lets see what he does, so far, so very unimpressive.

Edited by mrbojangles
fixed quote

Fellaini 1/8

Baines 3/10

De-Maria 8/1

Mata 7/1

Cabaye 16/1

Ozil 18/1

*Ronaldo 4/7

Well The Star are mocking up pictures of Ozil in an Arsenal shirt, so he's probably not off there.

Agree re Mata, I would love him at United and think he would fit in spectacularly.

Ronaldo's odds have gone wild in the last 16 hours though, no doubt through the Bale saga ending so secretly.

redrus

*edit, and, Kagawa at 3/1 to go to PSG scares me too.. sad.png What a bloody stupid thing that would be, seriously..!!

Yeah Ronaldo being knocked off the perch opens it up a bit. Maybe not this window but jan may become interesting.

As for Kagawa. Most of my United mates like him, so there must be something but (and I know I don't watch you every week) I have not yet seen anything of him that impresses me.

My own faith in Moyes and my trust in Fergies decision has not wavered after 3 games mate, ask me if it has in 2014, at some point.. wink.png

Got to give him a go mate, but till not convinced, he deserves a season though. Lets see what he does, so far, so very unimpressive.

redrus

You must remember how impressive Fergie was in his first 5 years, come on fella..... I know times are very different now but, he still needs a couple or three seasons.

redrus

Fellaini 1/8

Baines 3/10

De-Maria 8/1

Mata 7/1

Cabaye 16/1

Ozil 18/1

*Ronaldo 4/7

redrus

*edit, and, Kagawa at 3/1 to go to PSG scares me too.. sad.png What a bloody stupid thing that would be, seriously..!!

Yeah Ronaldo being knocked off the perch opens it up a bit. Maybe not this window but jan may become interesting.

As for Kagawa. Most of my United mates like him, so there must be something but (and I know I don't watch you every week) I have not yet seen anything of him that impresses me.

He's been injured mate, thats why he's been on the bench and, IMO why he wasn't on the subs against Liverpool too. As fun as silly season isn't though and, as much as I do love to keep an eye on the bets etc, I beleive absolutly nothing till players sign on the dotted line wearing a club shirt.

redrus

You must remember how impressive Fergie was in his first 5 years, come on fella..... I know times are very different now but, he still needs a couple or three seasons.

On first looks, I hope they give him 10 seasons tongue.png

• Like 1

Shhhurrup Gobby.... wink.png

redrus

• Like 1

When Fergie took over, the club was in a mess and hadn't won the league for 17 years. Moyes, has inherited a team that one the league last season. He's broken up the established coaching team, and so far has <deleted> around throughout the transfer market. The pursuit of Baines IMO is a waste of time and money, 20 million or a player of that age, when Evra still has a few years in him. Fellini, I think might be a useful addition, but no way should he be the main signing of the close season. We have dallied around, and seen some good players go elsewhere, an others never even got going. Erikksen who went to Spuds, would have been a good signing for the money. Ozil, going to Arsenal, would ave been a good option as well.

I think realistically times have changed, expectations are higher and Moyes has to deliver quickly. The club should not be going backwards.

He's been injured mate, thats why he's been on the bench and, IMO why he wasn't on the subs against Liverpool too.

Fairy fluff mucker

Trolling again Mr BJ, shit I better be careful, a duck might see this :-p

• Like 1

When Fergie took over, the club was in a mess and hadn't won the league for 17 years. Moyes, has inherited a team that one the league last season...............

I think realistically times have changed, expectations are higher and Moyes has to deliver quickly. The club should not be going backwards.

Just quoted the bits I am referring to:-

This is why myself and many more on here said for several years, that the job was a poisoned chalice for anyone taking over from SAF. It's a lose, lose situation and that's why I said Mourinho wouldn't take over. He's an interim Manager or fall guy, so that someone else with better credentials will save the day.

When Fergie took over, the club was in a mess and hadn't won the league for 17 years. Moyes, has inherited a team that one the league last season. He's broken up the established coaching team, and so far has fuc_ked around throughout the transfer market. The pursuit of Baines IMO is a waste of time and money, 20 million or a player of that age, when Evra still has a few years in him. Fellini, I think might be a useful addition, but no way should he be the main signing of the close season. We have dallied around, and seen some good players go elsewhere, an others never even got going. Erikksen who went to Spuds, would have been a good signing for the money. Ozil, going to Arsenal, would ave been a good option as well.

I know all of that mate, transition like this though was always gonna take time and, I firmly beleive that even Hiddink, Morinho or Pep, would have taken more than one season to adjust the club, the players and the fans to 'their' way. Even more so after Fergie leaving one of thee biggest clubs in the world after 26 years.

The transfer market is a <deleted> excuse not even taken care of by manager, so you cannot lay that at Moyes door. That is Mr Woodwards domain after Gill left last year too. Gill was very adept at negotiations, Woodward it seems, has a lot to learn,, but, even that is not really known.. Media hype, pontification and speculation, always surrounds us the most, as people want us to look like the laughing stock, they will always want us to fail and, if our own fans fall for the 'silly season' <deleted>, banter and hype, maybe they need to have a rethink back to those shit times and gain some proper perspective..!!

redrus

redrus

• Like 2

When Fergie took over, the club was in a mess and hadn't won the league for 17 years. Moyes, has inherited a team that one the league last season...............

This is why myself and many more on here said for several years, that the job was a poisoned chalice for anyone taking over from SAF. It's a lose, lose situation and that's why I said Mourinho wouldn't take over. He's an interim Manager or fall guy, so that someone else with better credentials will save the day.

I reckon Thaksin will come in next year, do some extra judicial killings of rival players, and pay off all the refs. Well then be back at the top of the legue, until he skims off all the money and does a runner...

I reckon Thaksin will come in next year, do some extra judicial killings of rival players, and pay off all the refs. Well then be back at the top of the legue, until he skims off all the money and does a runner...

You know, I'm sure I've heard that story somewhere before....tongue.png

redrus

• Like 1