Manchester United

redrus

I saw Moyesies interview.

He has no choice in front of the cameras but to try and brazen it out.

Only other option for him is capitulation and resignation.

he doesn't look well. has that haunted and broken look to him and has aged about 20 years this season.

didn't watch it but it sounds like united were dreadful? and likely a retrospective ban coming fellaini's way for this one?

untitled-574j9d.gif

No we weren't dreadful.

After a mad first minute in which we conceded, we gradually worked back into the game and by the end of the second half, we were the ones in control. Didn't have enough decent strikes at goal but we were pressing. A lot of people, me included, thought that after that first minute goal, our confidence would collapse and we would be a few more goals down by half time. That didn't happen.

Second half started much like the end of the first, and we were matching them well. Then they go and snatch a goal from a set play, and the mountain gets bigger. We seemed to somewhat run out of ideas at that point.

So no, we didn't play great, and no, we didn't deserve to win, but no also, we weren't dreadful, and no, City didn't dominate or look that invincible. The scoreline flattered them somewhat. A bit like when we beat the Greeks, and a bit like when you beat us.

As for Fellaini, not sure about whether a ban will come or not, but it was a spiteful little elbow. He's got history on that. RVP does too actually. Hate it myself.

Sorry but you were not good enough to even make then get out of second gear and thats also the opinion of everything i've read. i saw it as similar to the Liverpool game. It was just too easy for them.

• Like 1

didn't watch it but it sounds like united were dreadful? and likely a retrospective ban coming fellaini's way for this one?

untitled-574j9d.gif

No we weren't dreadful.

After a mad first minute in which we conceded, we gradually worked back into the game and by the end of the second half, we were the ones in control. Didn't have enough decent strikes at goal but we were pressing. A lot of people, me included, thought that after that first minute goal, our confidence would collapse and we would be a few more goals down by half time. That didn't happen.

Second half started much like the end of the first, and we were matching them well. Then they go and snatch a goal from a set play, and the mountain gets bigger. We seemed to somewhat run out of ideas at that point.

So no, we didn't play great, and no, we didn't deserve to win, but no also, we weren't dreadful, and no, City didn't dominate or look that invincible. The scoreline flattered them somewhat. A bit like when we beat the Greeks, and a bit like when you beat us.

As for Fellaini, not sure about whether a ban will come or not, but it was a spiteful little elbow. He's got history on that. RVP does too actually. Hate it myself.

Sorry but you were not good enough to even make then get out of second gear and thats also the opinion of everything i've read. i saw it as similar to the Liverpool game. It was just too easy for them.

How the fark are we going to finish 7th if you muppets keep losing !

• Like 1

I think they are going to wish they had been knocked out by Olympiakos by the time Bayern have finished with them.

I see Bayern have now won the Bundislega again so they will be having the CL games against Man Utd as their main focus now.

Its not looking good for Moyes......

untitled-574j9d.gif

No we weren't dreadful.

Deliberately playing down a gear or two? No, i don't really buy that. Not in this case. You score a goal in the first 45 seconds, with 89 minutes and 15 seconds remaining, and so you go down a couple of gears? Three goals to the good, well into the second half, then yeah, maybe then you take your foot off the pedal. Not one goal up with the whole game in front of you.

Of course it's a very easy thing to say: the team could have played much better had they wanted to... but I prefer to judge teams on how they did play, not how they could have played.

@rixalex

You gave us the same story after the humiliation by Liverpool.

Deflectionary obfuscation.

Or put simply: criticism of winning opponent rather than focussing on the truth of your own team's inadequacy.

Or put even more simply: total and utter 'german midfielder who used to play for Chelsea' with an 's' on the end.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I think they are going to wish they had been knocked out by Olympiakos by the time Bayern have finished with them.

I see Bayern have now won the Bundislega again so they will be having the CL games against Man Utd as their main focus now.

Its not looking good for Moyes......

...or the renaming of the Old Trafford stadium from the O3 Arena suggested by wilai (thumbsup.gif ) to Ground Zero after the Germans have blitzed it.

w00t.gif

@rixalex

You gave us the same story after the humiliation by Liverpool.

Deflectionary obfuscation.

Or put simply: criticism of winning opponent rather than focussing on the truth of your own team's inadequacy.

Or put even more simply: total and utter 'german midfielder who used to play for Chelsea' with an 's' on the end.

coffee1.gif

I've only given my honest assessment of my own team's performance and the opposition team's performance. If you have a different assessment, that's fine. We all have our own opinions. I take it you did actually watch the game.

" Manager David Moyes took responsibility for Manchester United's dramatic decline this season after a dismal home defeat to Manchester City."[/size]

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26742897

or a TV poster called rixalex who saw a ' slightly spiteful elbow'.

If you are going to quote me, can you actually quote what i said. I said it was a "spiteful little elbow". By "little" i did not mean "slightly". I meant "little" as in "surreptitious" or "crafty".

Can you also elaborate on the point you are trying to make. I don't get the connection between the article you linked and your misquote of what i said.

Fellaini's elbow was neither 'surreptitious' or 'crafty'.

coffee1.gif

He got away with it... well at least he got away with not getting a red. To me that means it must have been a bit crafty. But really, crafty or not crafty, is it that important?

You seem to be trying to take me to task on something. Can you please explain what. Seriously.

I agree with most posters that moyes does not seem up to the job, but the players need a big slice of the blame pie too. Even without a manager these guys should be able to show more in games.

fellani should get punished no matter what happened in the game, a la rugby (see the Wales game and Hogg's yellow changed to a red during the game). To me crafty describes craft, which is a skill. I saw little skill in fellani's assault; only malice.

I would like to see utd beat bayern, but doubt very much if they will. utd need to sort out what will happen with the manager now, or they could tumble with current players leaving and not being able to attract the same caliber as before. Sad though it is for you, welcome to the real world m utd

• Like 1

To me crafty describes craft, which is a skill. I saw little skill in fellani's assault; only malice.

Definition of "crafty" is achieving one's aims by indirect or deceitful methods. Fellaini deceived the ref.
crafty (adj.) dictionary.gif c.1200, crafti, from Old English cræftig "strong, powerful," later "skillful, ingenious," degenerating by c.1200 to "cunning, sly" (but through 15c. also "skillfully done or made; intelligent, learned; artful, scientific") from craft (n.) + -y (2). Related: Craftily; craftiness. Good to see your language skills have degenerated. A little like your football...sorry I just couldn't resist

To me crafty describes craft, which is a skill. I saw little skill in fellani's assault; only malice.

Definition of "crafty" is achieving one's aims by indirect or deceitful methods. Fellaini deceived the ref.
crafty (adj.) dictionary.gif c.1200, crafti, from Old English cræftig "strong, powerful," later "skillful, ingenious," degenerating by c.1200 to "cunning, sly" (but through 15c. also "skillfully done or made; intelligent, learned; artful, scientific") from craft (n.) + -y (2). Related: Craftily; craftiness. Good to see your language skills have degenerated. A little like your football...sorry I just couldn't resist
Yes, as with lots of English words, there are a number of different ways of interpreting its meaning. The meaning that i was intending, that should have been fairly obvious to someone able to take in the context in which a word is written, was not that i thought it was skillful or clever, but that i thought it was deceitful and dishonest. Can't quite believe how tedious and pedantic things can get around here. This all started with P45 seemingly misreading, misunderstanding, misquoting me as trying to play down Fellaini's elbow as only slight, when that was neither what i said or what i meant. I explain it to him and then, rather than simply accept some wires have been crossed and that we are on the same page on this, and perhaps apologise for the misunderstanding, he then decides he'll contest my use of the words surreptitious and crafty, and we'll have an argument about that, now ably assisted by yourself, trying to prove that crafty now no longer can be used to mean deceitful or dishonest. For crying out loud. This is painful.
  • Like 1