Manchester United

redrus

I can see it now Manchester United appoint Mourinho.

Any reds fancy that headline, he's in with a shout?

Could do a lot worse.

I'm sure there are worse managers out there, but not sure there are worse men.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Check out his CV and results as to whether he is a good manager.

Ask his players and his family if he is a good man.

But don't ask the gutter press about either.

smile.png

Never mind playing boring arse football really well, it is more about whether or not United would want a man who carries on like a pork chop fronting their club.

• Like 2

I can see it now Manchester United appoint Mourinho.

Any reds fancy that headline, he's in with a shout?

Could do a lot worse.

I'm sure there are worse managers out there, but not sure there are worse men.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Check out his CV and results as to whether he is a good manager.

Ask his players and his family if he is a good man.

But don't ask the gutter press about either.

smile.png

dp

Edited by BangrakBob

A rumour, and only a rumour, (before chicog gets his curlers in a twist).....possibility of David Moyes taking over from Pardew.

The owner is impressed with his Everton record and his financial prudence in the transfer market.

So, like Lineker says, very difficult to take over from Fergie.

van gaal, ancelotti, maybe.

Mourinho doesn't 'take over' from anyone. wink.png

• Like 1

Ryan Giggs should be given Manchester United job full time: Ferguson

http://www.todayonline.com/sports/football/ryan-giggs-should-be-given-manchester-united-job-full-time-ferguson

Kenny Dalglish and Pep Guardiola, at Liverpool and Barcelona respectively, were each managers of no or limited experience who proved successful. “Yes, it can happen,” Giggs said.

Mourinho has officially said he is not interested in the Man Ure job and will be seeing out his contract (well he thinks he will!).

I think he also announced his team formation for the trip to Anfield.

59.jpg

Abramovich has told Special One you have to leave the windows open.

So every chance Suarez will thread it through the back window, out the front window and into the net.

Sterling might possibly pole vault through the small slitty ones.

Should be an absolute cracker.

thumbsup.gif

Dave must be sick as parrot if he was watching that, and probably thinking "what a team of "

Not wanting to tarnish a good win, but where have these players been for 8 months??

under the spell of a ginger prick..

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Dave must be sick as parrot if he was watching that, and probably thinking "what a team of <deleted>"

Not wanting to tarnish a good win, but where have these players been for 8 months??

TBH BB I thought for the first 40 minutes and considering it was Norwich at home, I thought they were the same as the players of the previous 8 months. Once they did get the lead, they went on from strength to strength though and made it look easy in the end. Giggs couldn't have wished for a better opponent for his first match.

• Like 2

A disappointing performance from United.

Three weeks ago Moyes' team beat Newcastle away by the same margin. Today United can only scrape a 4 nil win at home against a relegation-bound side that did zilch for ninety minutes.

I just don't buy all this cliquey Dunkirk spirit rubbish since Moyes was sacked. I thought the players looked slightly embarrassed and ill at ease today and I'm not surprised.

Back to training with Giggs, Scholes, Neville and Butt in charge [i'd be surprised if they possess an IQ in excess of 12 between them]. Good team players don't necessarily make good managers or coaches.

The illusion that some saviour will be along to restore business as usual will be blown out of the water soon enough.

Seems to me if Giggsy is going to do a Guardiola he will need time

4 nil at home against Norwich is OK first game.

All depends if the players are on the same journey with him. Scholes, Butt and Neville are on board I would imagine.

Giggs appears to have Ferguson's support. Giggs has the UNITED way ingrained.

If I was Glazer and Woodward, I would get everybody in a huddle at the end of the season and say 'How do we feel about this going forward?'

The huddle would include the players as well as management and coaching staff.

I would postpone any decision about bringing in a van Gaal or anybody else until after the huddle.

That's what I would do if it was my business.

I would postpone any decision about bringing in a van Gaal or anybody else until after the huddle.

Don't confuse Liverpool's huddles with a Man United one. It's not the same team spirit.

United's previous success was down to Ferguson's motivation. Individually, the players don't have a lot going for them.

Not to get too excited, United put 4 past Newcastle recently, but it was ,as a United supporter, seeing them play with width and enjoying it. Kagawa virtually frozen out by Moyes looked like a totally different player, back to his BD form. Watching de Gea handle those few high crosses its hard to believe he is the same keeper that 12 months ago was being ridiculed.

A lot of the speculation about a new manager is drivel. There is no pressing need to appoint someone now just to satisfy the media's demands.

Dave must be sick as parrot if he was watching that, and probably thinking "what a team of "

under the spell of a ginger prick..

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In the first half they were just as poor as they have been for the past eight months. Clear improvement in the second half by all accounts

Guardiola didn't build Barcelona overnight.

He probably started with better assets though. I don't know the story.

Frank Rykaard built Barcelona, Pep fine tuned them. Jupp Hynckers built Bayern, Peps fine tuning them toobiggrin.png

Seems to be some debate whether UNITED is a tune up or a complete overhaul.

I hear conflicting views about the available assets to work with.

Well theres still some very good players at United. Their demise has been exaggerated by a few months of piss poor management. Yes players need to go, new players need bringing in, but nothing that can't be dealt with if the right appointment is made. It already looks better with the old guard in key coaching positions. Certain talented young players like Jones, Smalling and Welbeck seemed to lose confidence under Moyes so thats only temporary. They just need a sensible appointment imv.

Seems to be some debate whether UNITED is a tune up or a complete overhaul.

I hear conflicting views about the available assets to work with.

Well theres still some very good players at United. Their demise has been exaggerated by a few months of piss poor management. Yes players need to go, new players need bringing in, but nothing that can't be dealt with if the right appointment is made. It already looks better with the old guard in key coaching positions. Certain talented young players like Jones, Smalling and Welbeck seemed to lose confidence under Moyes so thats only temporary. They just need a sensible appointment imv.

I'd say those are three players where the jury is still out. I think all three have taken a step back this year. Due to Moyes, or are they just not good enough ? Not easy to say, but I'd lean towards all three not having the upside some thought they had.

Don't confuse Liverpool's huddles with a Man United one. It's not the same team spirit.

United's previous success was down to Ferguson's motivation. Individually, the players don't have a lot going for them.

Regarding Liverpool's team spirit and their huddles, they have indeed been fantastic this season, but think you need to keep things in perspective, because you are speaking as if you are the past masters of the spirit thing, when in fact you've only just found it about five minutes ago... it having been largely missing for a few decades, give or take the odd highlight. Maintain this season's team spirit at the same level for the next few years and then start gloating about how great it is.

As for our players individually not having much going for them, i think similar could be said of your squad. You have your standout world class men, and then you have the rest, who, with a decent bit of organisation and that aforementioned team spirit, work together to punch above their weight. And with those ingredients, you just might beat a team to the title that is on paper far superior... the exact same feat we managed last year.

Anyway... last night's game was a great result but not in my book such a great performance. We really only started playing like we should be, once we were two goals to the good, and once the game became stretched. We should have been playing with that flair, confidence and pace right from the first whistle. If we go down a goal in the next game, i can see us going back into our shells. Going to be a very long term project to get anywhere close to back where we were, as i keep saying, and last night showed that i think.

Was surprised to see Cleverly and Kagawa starting. Really think Cleverly's future at the club is at an end, and think we should move n with the midfield. Kagawa was awful against Everton and i think he should have been punished with sitting it out the rest of the season, even if it would have pushed him out of the club. Don't want him to go but that performance was an embarrassment.

Also would have liked for us to start with two out and out wingers, and perhaps play Valencia at right back. It's bold but at home against relegation fodder, think we have to be. Go for the jugular, particularly with nothing now to lose.

Wonder if Giggs is going to allow himself any playing time. Would imagine he'd quite like to maintain that record of having scored in the league in every season, but unless we are half a dozen goals up in a game and he gets to come on and tuck away a penalty, might be difficult. Guess he's probably more worried about his management career than his playing career now, and will put that, and indeed the team, first. Another three wins would be great.