Manchester United

redrus

Roma defender Mehdi Benatia is flying to England for talks over a move to Manchester United, Sky sources understand.

read more :http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9426151/transfer-news-roma-defender-mehdi-benatia-to-open-talks-over-manchester-united-move

Skysports are awful haha

But i do think he'll end up at Utd

Don't wanna burst you bubble but Bayern have apparently just bid 30m according to German journos.

i'm not a Utd fan mate, but i am far from a hater of them. You know yourself, until any player is paraded in front of the press with the scarf above his head the deal ain't done

• Like 2

Roma defender Mehdi Benatia is flying to England for talks over a move to Manchester United, Sky sources understand.

read more :http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9426151/transfer-news-roma-defender-mehdi-benatia-to-open-talks-over-manchester-united-move

Skysports are awful haha

But i do think he'll end up at Utd

Don't wanna burst you bubble but Bayern have apparently just bid 30m according to German journos.

i'm not a Utd fan mate, but i am far from a hater of them. You know yourself, until any player is paraded in front of the press with the scarf above his head the deal ain't done

Yep. Especially if Mourinho is lurking.

Guardiola needs strengthening. My money would be on Benatia for Bayern.

And I don't like weak herd followers or yes men, especially when they get cocky.

Smokie is a classic.

It would be better if you stuck to discussing football....spent less time posting inane drivel....penned maybe a quarter of the quota you currently add and try to stay on topic.

Now....go and give some man love to LVG....he needs all he can get this morning. biggrin.png

Nevertheless, I do think it is quite possible that my mate Louis might be struggling to recruit new players because UNITED aren't in the Championes League, and/or he has a reputation as being a bit of hard taskmaster.

Ok fine as Dutch manager, cos he picks who he wants.

Maybe the big players are not rushing to join him at UNITED.

I wish the papers would stop printing shit no surprise nobody reads them these days still feel gutted that we didnt sign Eliaquim Mangala

read the Guardian its the best of a pretty piss poor bunch but at least it makes an effort to gives u the essentials and tries to give a balanced view .

Yeah very true rijit .. Just thinking about are defence would be nice if we could sign Hummels and i think an offer of around 40/50 million would be a nice try even Subotic is a decent defender whom partner with Hummels at Dortmund they both at a good age of 25 .. plus we would get around 10 years out them both ..

Did you know people that Dortmund paid just 3.5 million for Hummels back in 2009 from Bay Munich that's how mad the transfer market gone in the last 3 years and for Subotic just 2.2 million from Mainz back in 2008 ..

dortmund have always been good at spotting bargains. and to be fair united didn't really pay much for vidic at the time.

market has gone mad now though. new TV money has bumped fees up stupidly - £30m for luke shaw is genuinely insane, as is £32m for mangala - but there just aren't that many quality defenders, particularly centre-backs, around these days.

in general all German teams seem to be good at spotting bargains and very true about the tv money side of things too .. Just looking at Marco Reus did you know Bor. M'gladbach paid only less then a million for him back in 2009 then he moved on Dortmund for 17.6 million in 2012 .. init mad

^

lightweight

It occurs to me that your Swansea game could be the kind of wake-up call you need. We lost our opener to Villa 1-3 in an appalling display of incompetence. A shocked Wenger immediately went out an bought Ozil and within a month we were top of the League and stayed there until Christmas.

And I don't like weak herd followers or yes men, especially when they get cocky.

Smokie is a classic.

It would be better if you stuck to discussing football....spent less time posting inane drivel....penned maybe a quarter of the quota you currently add and try to stay on topic.

Now....go and give some man love to LVG....he needs all he can get this morning. biggrin.png

Nevertheless, I do think it is quite possible that my mate Louis might be struggling to recruit new players because UNITED aren't in the Championes League, and/or he has a reputation as being a bit of hard taskmaster.

Ok fine as Dutch manager, cos he picks who he wants.

Maybe the big players are not rushing to join him at UNITED.

Yes, potential difficulty in signing top players is a point that been muted to you for a month or more and one that you casualty ignored as you fawned on about your dutch idol.

Then you confused a good pre season and the results actually meaning anything with regards to competitive league games. Pre seasons are largely irrelevant and more about clubs fulfilling marketing responsibilities.

van Gaal is very much the man for the job and i'm sure he will do very well but it will take time and at the moment United are still relatively ordinary. Moyes did an awful lot of damage and transitions always take time

I do find you amusing though....well at times anyway

It occurs to me that your Swansea game could be the kind of wake-up call you need. We lost our opener to Villa 1-3 in an appalling display of incompetence. A shocked Wenger immediately went out an bought Ozil and within a month we were top of the League and stayed there until Christmas.

He didn't "immediately go out and buy Ozil".

That defeat was on 17th August. We won the next four games and he signed Flamini back on a free.

Ozil was a surprise deal that came up on deadline day and Wenger was never going to turn that down.

Having said that, I think Merchandise United are in need of more than one player. Plus if Robin van Pursestrings has returned to form they'll be lucky if they get 20 games out of him.

The Blame Game.

Bloody good read from Setanta. Doesn't really tell us much we didn't know already to be fair but, it reads well.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/united-and-the-blame-game/

redrus

The numbers are all important though. Two seasons without Champs League and they lose 22.5M a year off their Adidas deal.

That fourth place trophy not looking too shabby now then eh?

biggrin.png

Here some interesting stories from the daily mail

DAVID MOYES EXCLUSIVE: United never gave me time to succeed or fail... following Sir Alex was near enough the impossible job

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

Manchester United's formation demanded too much of the wing backs... Louis van Gaal's side were dragged around to defeat

Read More http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2727428/MARTIN-KEOWN-Manchester-United-s-formation-demanded-wing-backs-Louis-van-Gaal-s-dragged-defeat.html

Manchester United prepare £100m package to lure Real Madrid star Angel Di Maria

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2727337/Manchester-United-prepare-100m-package-lure-Real-Madrid-star-Angel-Di-Maria-Old-Trafford.html

Louis van Gaal and Ed Woodward must spend the next two weeks scouring the transfer market... otherwise it could be another humiliating season for Man United

Read More : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2727406/Louis-van-Gaal-Ed-Woodward-spend-two-weeks-scouring-transfer-market-humiliating-season-Man-United.html

Edited by NickyBurma

DAVID MOYES EXCLUSIVE: United never gave me time to succeed or fail... following Sir Alex was near enough the impossible job Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

Manchester United's formation demanded too much of the wing backs... Louis van Gaal's side were dragged around to defeat

Read More http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2727428/MARTIN-KEOWN-Manchester-United-s-formation-demanded-wing-backs-Louis-van-Gaal-s-dragged-defeat.html

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2727337/Manchester-United-prepare-100m-package-lure-Real-Madrid-star-Angel-Di-Maria-Old-Trafford.html

Nicky, you've committed the unpardonable sin of quoting the Daily Mail........be prepared for ear bashing coming from the left. laugh.png

• Like 2

DAVID MOYES EXCLUSIVE: United never gave me time to succeed or fail... following Sir Alex was near enough the impossible job Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

Nicky, you've committed the unpardonable sin of quoting the Daily Mail........be prepared for ear bashing coming from the left. laugh.png

Some good points in the stories so that's why I'm sharing.. To be fair now just looking at Skysports News Transfers if clubs are unwilling to sell there big name player lets move on or its going to be another season like the last one we had ,, on a side note Woodward good on the marketing side of things for us but is shit when it comes to player targets ..

Edited by NickyBurma

Hahahahaha, Ups, you're right theres an awful lot of dislike for the Daily Fail round these parts, mainly as they rehash old stories and talk utter codswallop.... ;)

I have a theory, re Moyes, that the plan was always to let Moyes go when LvG was ready after the Nederlands WC campaign, for me it explains Moyes lack of passion and his dugout sleep syndrome. His total demeanour was that of a defeated man, form day one, almost as if he knew something none of us did.

redrus

Jasus, talk of signing Mexes now......... coffee1.gifblink.png the guys 32, Fergie looked at him 10 years ago, I really dislike immensely this stupid time of year.

Watch us sign him now.......cheesy.gif

redrus

Hahahahaha, Ups, you're right theres an awful lot of dislike for the Daily Fail round these parts, mainly as they rehash old stories and talk utter codswallop.... wink.png

I have a theory, re Moyes, that the plan was always to let Moyes go when LvG was ready after the Nederlands WC campaign, for me it explains Moyes lack of passion and his dugout sleep syndrome. His total demeanour was that of a defeated man, form day one, almost as if he knew something none of us did.

How long was the contract Man U gave him? wink.png

• Like 1

Hahahahaha, Ups, you're right theres an awful lot of dislike for the Daily Fail round these parts, mainly as they rehash old stories and talk utter codswallop.... wink.png

6 years...... Perfect cover story.

redrus

• Like 1

6 years @ 36 million

True maybe but are main rivals have done their business and now focus on the league and so should we but we are still well be hide its a f@@king joke to be honest ...

no no Nicky, rus was pissing his sides at us showing genuine concern for his clubs lack of activity. In fact he mocked us for suggesting you might buy some players biggrin.png

• Like 2

The Woodward era was a shambles after last years walk home from Oz, he's showing true dedication by walking home from the US this year, I have to admire the blokes tenacity.... If nothing else, has anyone seen him yet.....?!

redrus

Jasus, talk of signing Mexes now......... coffee1.gifblink.png the guys 32, Fergie looked at him 10 years ago, I really dislike immensely this stupid time of year.

Watch us sign him now.......cheesy.gif

redrus

And a bratty jerk to boot !

This thread is beginning to sound like the Spurs thread.

Total bldy chaos, like a dysfunctional family on a council estate.

If UNITED and van Gaal haven't got pulling power in the transfer market, they are going to be fckd.

I thought players like Robben would be gagging to join van Gaal, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

^

Why would you think that, I'm United through and through, hence why I would just about leave Bayern for United at the mo, but why would Robben......? Seriously. He's got nichts left to prove, he's proved it time and again, quite often, against us..!!

This is Woodward, no more no less... His marketing skills are magnificent, see our recent sponsorship deals. But, his player negotiating skills, are <deleted>...! I can only imagine he's going in to player deals with a marketing head on, one would presume thats like a toff doing trading on Levvy Market.... Out of his comfort zone, and then some.

According to sources, LvG himself has called board plus Woodward meeting for tomorrow. One would love to be a fly on the wall at that one. Woodward, presumably is gonna get his arse kicked. There is (massive) rumour that LvG could well walk if hands are not dipped into deep pockets, as promised by Woodward himself..!!!

redrus