Manchester United

redrus

Bloody hell,we have a off day and this thread gets tajen over by spurs lads, yes we are not looking great right now and lvg did say it will take time.so lets wait and see lads.

But then he started giving it large didn't he. Thats why the press are going to be all over him in a few weeks if the results don't come.

That aside Nev, we all know Di Maria is a fine player but aren't you a bit surprised that LVG hasn't addressed other key positions first?

I think LVG is the right man, but,if he does flop.....who will be the next Utd target as gaffer?

its too early to even contemplate a change. He's going to need a season just to integrate new players and install his football philosophy.

I'm sure he's the right man too but as i've said from the start when they appointed him its going to take at least a season and i doubt a top four finish is realistic this season. Its a massive transition to undertake and as this happens the existing top four are getting stronger.

United needed an experienced strong willed manager which is exactly what they have got. its just that some posters got all too carried away due to a decent pre season marketing tour and thought a return to the top would happen overnight.

• Like 2

I think LVG is the right man, but,if he does flop.....who will be the next Utd target as gaffer?

its too early to even contemplate a change. He's going to need a season just to integrate new players and install his football philosophy.

I'm sure he's the right man too but as i've said from the start when they appointed him its going to take at least a season and i doubt a top four finish is realistic this season. Its a massive transition to undertake and as this happens the existing top four are getting stronger.

United needed an experienced strong willed manager which is exactly what they have got. its just that some posters got all too carried away due to a decent pre season marketing tour and thought a return to the top would happen overnight.

Yeah agree matey. I'd even say two season till he knows his first 11, shape and his impact players are.

I'm a Rangers fan, chelsea are the English team I have a soft spot for, but I in no way hate Utd and I want them to be strong as it makes our weekends a lot better

Yeah agree matey. I'd even say two season till he knows his first 11, shape and his impact players are.

I'm a Rangers fan, chelsea are the English team I have a soft spot for, but I in no way hate Utd and I want them to be strong as it makes our weekends a lot better

If he doesn't win something or finish in the top 4, I don't think he'll be given a second season. United cannot afford to be out of the CL for too long, their sponsors and fans won't wear it.

If he doesn't win something or finish in the top 4, I don't think he'll be given a second season. United cannot afford to be out of the CL for too long, their sponsors and fans won't wear it.

And bring in who though?

I think you'll get top 4.

Bloody hell,we have a off day and this thread gets tajen over by spurs lads, yes we are not looking great right now and lvg did say it will take time.so lets wait and see lads.

But then he started giving it large didn't he. Thats why the press are going to be all over him in a few weeks if the results don't come.

That aside Nev, we all know Di Maria is a fine player but aren't you a bit surprised that LVG hasn't addressed other key positions first?

I think Vidal is the player we really need and De jong too,we have Shaw and Rojo yet to start for us.

There are a few on the pitch yesterday who are not good enough for us,reckon a few could be gone this week and maybe a few come in.

I think Vidal is the player we really need and De jong too,we have Shaw and Rojo yet to start for us.

There are a few on the pitch yesterday who are not good enough for us,reckon a few could be gone this week and maybe a few come in.

Yes Vidal would be a major signing and i'm a bit surprised it hasn't happened.

Presumably van Gaal is going to go for Strootman in january? He can play central, defensive or deep playmaker and with Vidal's box to box role that would be a very tidy start to a new midfield.

Just very surprised he hasn't addressed the center backs. They look a shadow of the central defensive duos that United have had these last twenty-five years

reckon he's certain to have run-ins with the glazers too. in ways that ferguson never could or would.

well you only have to look back to his time at Bayern and his run ins with the board. Parted company on very bad terms.

• Like 1

Presumably van Gaal is going to go for Strootman in january? He can play central, defensive or deep playmaker and with Vidal's box to box role that would be a very tidy start to a new midfield.

Just very surprised he hasn't addressed the center backs. They look a shadow of the central defensive duos that United have had these last twenty-five years

Strootman , why wait in January ? His current contract is up ? I like him and wondered why Van Gaal did not buy him in the summer , maybe he wanted to play in the champion league .

Strootman , why wait in January ? His current contract is up ? I like him and wondered why Van Gaal did not buy him in the summer , maybe he wanted to play in the champion league .

If he waits till next season he could join you in the Championship. His english might not be good enough to recognise the difference

• Like 1

I was kind of hoping we'd see the return of Red to the United forum. Craps and giggles, but I don't reckon he and his "Champions !" signature will be seen for a long while.

Come on back and take your beating Red.biggrin.png

Edited by jellydog

I was kind of hoping we'd see the return of Red to the United forum. Craps and giggles, but I don't reckon he and his "Champions !" signature will be seen for a long while.

Come on back for your beating Red.biggrin.png

and my old mate rixalaxative

• Like 1

Come on back for your beating Red.biggrin.png

and my old mate rixalaxative

Those lads are in their bomb shelter eating Vienna sausages and spam.tongue.png

• Like 1

On a constructive note,I thought Jones looked far more comfortable in the centre of the back three than Smalling,who gave the impression of a rabbit in headlights, when the onus was on him to move forward.

Is that why LVG took him off at half time ? De Jong would be a right man to partner Jones .

On a constructive note,I thought Jones looked far more comfortable in the centre of the back three than Smalling,who gave the impression of a rabbit in headlights, when the onus was on him to move forward.

Second decent game in a row from Jones.

Is that why LVG took him off at half time ? De Jong would be a right man to partner Jones .

Smalling tweeked his groin on 16 mins but was somehow allowed to play on by Van Gall until just before HT .

• Like 1

Smalling tweeked his groin on 16 mins but was somehow allowed to play on by Van Gall until just before HT .

Thanks for clarification .

Edited by Billy The Kid

Reply 17172

He has ligament damage. kept him out of the world cup

Fantastic player but the medics need to clear him and it looks like he's the main target. big van Gaal target and a multi functional midfielder.

• Like 2

You need continuity, VG should stay, but he needs to make sweeping changes almost the same as what he did at Bayern. For a start u need decent some decent width but Maria is massively over priced. Liverpool on the other hand have another star in the making with Markovic, costing a fraction of Maria. The table is beginning to change!

We just need Stability !

BT

What position doe's he play mate?

By the way their is talk Daley Blind is a done deal but until he is signed i won't believe, but if he doe's he will be a excellent signing.

We just need Stability !

BT

By the way their is talk Daley Blind is a done deal but until he is signed i won't believe, but if he doe's he will be a excellent signing.

you need another left-back then? ;)

We just need Stability !

BT

you need another left-back then? wink.png

Just what i was thinking. I just don't get their selection process and their prioritising of transfer buys.