Manchester United

redrus

I think Rus, you are getting a bit confused. Probably giddy with the win!!cheesy.gif

Rojo played left back, Rafael right back.... both attacking whenever possible on their respective wings.

Blackett and Evans were centre halves,

Blind played in front of them. I thought Blind had an excellent game.

Just heard the sad sad news that Sandy Busby, son of Sir Matt, has passed away.

I haven't anymore details as yet and the press haven't even been told.

A bloke I knows Dad was due to play a round with him today and, has just had that phone call.

:(

redrus

They didn't play in in a 4-4-2 formation.

Sorry, swap Blackett for Rojo, he played in front of them, Rojo could quite clearly be seen playing right up the left wing for most of the first half.

I missed nothing, I got the wrong man. wink.png

redrus

It started off as a back 4 Raphael ,Evans,Rojo,Blackett but it soon became evident that Harry had accepted the inevitable loss and played one up front so naturally Rojo was obviously ok'd by LG to

go forward whenever he chose.Even Evans made forays into the QPR half. With 70 % possession a back 4 was hardly required although they did stuff up a couple of times. Blackett is only 20

and will be replaced by Shaw but he has shown enough that when he learns some positional sense he may be a very handy player.Only 20 and still growing his going to be a big strong boy.

Just heard the sad sad news that Sandy Busby, son of Sir Matt, has passed away.

I haven't anymore details as yet and the press haven't even been told.

A bloke I knows Dad was due to play a round with him today and, has just had that phone call.

sad.png

redrus

Was surprised to see he was in his late 70's certainly held his age well. Sad day for the United family.

• Like 1

United Reserves played Sunderland the other night.Shaw got 45 mins and came through OK. Januzaj bagged 3 hat trick and Will Keane is back. Even Anderson got a run ,remember him ?

LVG was there to assess and I would be disappointed if Januzaj doesn't get a start on Sunday on the right flank.

Di Maria's pace with the ball is something else never took that much notice of him at RM but he can motor.Pace on the flanks was alawys the hallmark of a United team, been missing for quite sometime.

United Reserves played Sunderland the other night.Shaw got 45 mins and came through OK. Januzaj bagged 3 hat trick and Will Keane is back. Even Anderson got a run ,remember him ?

LVG was there to assess and I would be disappointed if Januzaj doesn't get a start on Sunday on the right flank.

Di Maria's pace with the ball is something else never took that much notice of him at RM but he can motor.Pace on the flanks was alawys the hallmark of a United team, been missing for quite sometime.

Sign of the times.

Wednesday night and United fans talking about United reserves !cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Love it!

• Like 2

9 goals in one game is some feat Sparks biggrin.png

Sign of the times.

Wednesday night and United fans talking about United reserves !cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Love it!

With respect, I understand the aim of your banter but, me n my United pals have always talked about the reserves and the younger teams, its always been a great source of United conversation.

Sorry mate but, nowt new here, certainly nowt to laugh about. ;)

redrus

Sign of the times.

Love it!

With respect, I understand the aim of your banter but, me n my United pals have always talked about the reserves and the younger teams, its always been a great source of United conversation.

Sorry mate but, nowt new here, certainly nowt to laugh about. wink.png

redrus

Course it has Rusclap2.gif

I remember being in a pub when United scored 2 goals to win Champions league in the 90s. Solskaer I think it was. I couldnt understand it, because instead of jumping up and down,all these United fans were debating how United reserves had managed to lose to Crewe a couple of nights earlier.

And funnily enough last year when you were due to play Real Madrid in the Champions League, the only topic I could find you and Sparkles talking about was how well your reserves had been playing!!cheesy.gif

Anyway Coronation Street is over... you can go to bed. Nothing of interest for you on the TV .thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Sign of the times.

Love it!

Sorry mate but, nowt new here, certainly nowt to laugh about. wink.png

redrus

Here you go Rus.

I know you like to discuss how your youngsters are doing.thumbsup.gif

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-city-defeat-man-utd-u18-derby-win-4041052#.VB5rXVfYvow

"Roma's Kevin Strootman has sacked his agent and teamed up with Kees Vos - the man who represents Robin van Persie and Louis van Gaal." [ESPN]

January move looking more & more likely.

Think I heard Sky say that the agent wants 50 for Strootman.

He must have heard that VG is a kid in a sweet shop with his who-gives-a-f* attitude to FFP and the now desperate-for-fame owners' money on-call.whistling.gif

I think what they need is defenders right now, January might be too late.

That Blackett is out of his depth, I don't know what LvG is doing playing him.

Mind you, he can try his three at the back again now.

tongue.png

Edited by Chicog

ludicrous penalty decision!

Why? It was soft but deffo a penalty. Rafael touched Vardy, seen even softer ones than that given. Rafael should have known better to do that in the penalty area.

If you are talking about whether the foul should have been given earlier. My jury is out on that one, as it was a shoulder challenge. Defenders stave off attackers worse than that all the time.

My opinion of course.

Edit/ whoops now 5-3

No mugs this Leicester team. Vindicates our tough fought draw there 3 weeks ago.

Hope they can hold their 2 goal lead - I still think that with that forward line you'll be in the mix come May, so we need some margin in this part of the season.

Wonder what DiMaria thinks about switching from one brilliant attacking team with a $hite defence to anotherbiggrin.png