Manchester United

redrus

Between Depay, Darmian, Schweini and Schneiderlin, I'm over the moon, and to suggest that going for quality at a good price is wrong, and that we should have gone for overpriced and unproven, is preposterous. Especially when you're speaking of Pogba, at £71 million. [emoji23]

redrus

He's given a 30 yo a three year contract....SAF had anyone over 30 on one year deals.....

True, but in Uniteds defense, Sterling cost City more than Schweinsteiger, Sneiderlin and Darmien put together. And in that you also have proven players and a wealth of experience in the German which will be invaluable.

Anyone else notice that Carmine seems to be cuddling up to United now. LFC so absolutely dreadful at the mo that even the second-string admirers are deserting in droves. Guess he thinks they are a better bet than Citehbiggrin.png

Are you really that bored? Have you any idea how childish you sound?!!!biggrin.png

Actually, i just say it as i see it. And if you don't agree with that last post of mine then i'm afraid my you, yous a bit of a plonker

Edited by carmine

Between Depay, Darmian, Schweini and Schneiderlin, I'm over the moon, and to suggest that going for quality at a good price is wrong, and that we should have gone for overpriced and unproven, is preposterous. Especially when you're speaking of Pogba, at £71 million. [emoji23]

redrus

Please don't try and justify anything to do with whiskey nose letting Pogba go on a free. That cost the club 60m. End of.

• Like 1

redrus

Please don't try and justify anything to do with whiskey nose letting Pogba go on a free. That cost the club 60m. End of.

To chastise a man who won more trophies in British football than any other previous managers is churlish in the extreme.............bitterness and jealousy on your part is all too obvious,when the negotiations regarding Pogbas contract with United were being discussed were you-or anyone else for that matter- fully aware of the details-no,I thought not.SAF at the time made a decision for the best interests of MUFC- end of.We can ALL be wise after the event,hindsight is a wonderfull thing whistling.gif

redrus

To chastise a man who won more trophies in British football than any other previous managers is churlish in the extreme.............bitterness and jealousy on your part is all too obvious,when the negotiations regarding Pogbas contract with United were being discussed were you-or anyone else for that matter- fully aware of the details-no,I thought not.SAF at the time made a decision for the best interests of MUFC- end of.We can ALL be wise after the event,hindsight is a wonderfull thing whistling.gif

Peter, you are the epitome, the personification of the United fan that thinks everyone and the world is against the club. You bought into Ferguson's siege mentality that he created and very cleverly i might add. His poxy us against the world strategy really worked and from then on it was just a building on United fans massaging their own sense of self importance which i see you still embody.

I didn't mention his 25 years of success. Frankly i didn't think i needed to as we all know what he achieved.

But, if you think that my insinuations that he let a player currently valued at 70m go on a free three years ago was a massive mistake is churlish then you my friend are an even bigger fool than i already thought you were.

And for the record, Pogba was very vocal about his stay in an interview i read and thought Ferguson had something personal against him and was freezing him out. Thats what he saidMaybe Pogba was lying because Ferguson never ever made it personal with anyone did he!!!! And he is such a soft centered character without a ruthless streak.

You should have given Pogba and Moyes more time.

Are you going to bleat on about ABU's now?

Edited by carmine

He really should have been given more time.

Who?

Cleverley?

biggrin.png

Well if they had given Pogba a chance they'd be 70m better off and wouldn't have had to fork out for replacements. But i think Peter knows that, bless!!!

Moyes was doing just as good a job as van Gaal having spent 150m less. Like i said yesterday. They qualified the top four largely because of a dismal Tottenham defense and even the daft 352 that van Gaal demanded couldn't scupper things.

btw, mate, even Beverly Cleverly is a better player now. Now you wouldn't have thought that possible would you!!

• Like 1

Paul Scholes in an article recently said he felt guilty that maybe his extended career may have held back Pogba,s developement at United-but the real culprit (and to a lesser extent SAF,intransigence) at the time was his agent and Paul,s ego.Yes looking back it seems a mistake to have let him go-there you go you win some/lose some.....its life rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Paul Scholes in an article recently said he felt guilty that maybe his extended career may have held back Pogba,s developement at United-but the real culprit (and to a lesser extent SAF,intransigence) at the time was his agent and Paul,s ego.Yes looking back it seems a mistake to have let him go-there you go you win some/lose some.....its life rolleyes.gif

Know what you mean. Pochettino got rid of Kyle Naughton.

Anyone see the game.?

Apparently Morgan was proper good. Chuffed to bits.

Though, I will certainly not be taking any of these results seriously, what, after last year. [emoji29][emoji23]

Anyone see the game.?

Though, I will certainly not be taking any of these results seriously, what, after last year. [emoji29][emoji23]

Well the link I posted to pptv which it was supposed to be on wasn't, so I had to search for a link, so managed the 2nd half, Periera was the stand out for me excellent young player, and that German Swch-? Might just makebit at united.

Edited by mrbojangles
fixed quote

Anyone see the game.?

Well the link I posted to pptv which it was supposed to be on wasn't, so I had to search for a link, so managed the 2nd half, Periera was the stand out for me excellent young player, and that German Swch-? Might just makebit at united.

You've probably got two good years of Schweinsteiger and for that alone for a player of his class its a bargain. All good signings so far, Buy a good striker and keep DDG and its a very good window indeed.

Edited by mrbojangles
fixed quote
  • Like 1

Saw the whole game through www.Goal.UK.com livestream. Different United teams in each half. Periera was the stand out.Anyone who saw him last year wouldn't doubt he has the talent to go a long way.Having said that he needs to go out on loan not sit in the stands.

Not a lot of flowing football in the game, not helped by the opposition making numerous changes around the 60 min mark and they only played 1 minute of injury time.Probably just as well as United were a bit under the pump at that stage.

Morgan,Matteo & Bastien showed their class and De Pay glimpses of what could be.He is built like a tank ,strong legs and don't think the physical side of the game will worry him.

In fact I have an ex Dutch team mate, and friend, who watched all his home games last year and his advice to me was don't expect too much but he's got all the makings of a top player,loads of potential and a good work ethic.He played part of the game as a striker but looked more comfortable on the flanks

I am sure LVG will bring in another striker and depending if they sell another defender (Evans ? ) maybe a centre back but not lets forget Smalling, Jones, McNair are improving and defenders don't peak until they are at least 25 and they are far short of that.McNair in particular was down the right flank every chance he got probably as instructed by LVG.. Good hit out and no injuries !

apparently sean goss ex exeter, has traveled with your 1 st team squad, If true someone said he's the only yoof product /team player to go with them

just seen according to the guardian he's man utd's young player to watch, aint relying to much on it cos they missed out england u 20 capt swansea's ex exeter Matty grimes, he's a class act. http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/15/premier-league-20-youngsters-pre-season

Edited by rijit

Pogba's worth what some mug will pay for him. As are all footballers. Ask a City fan..... Minnyou, i'm a bit surprised RedNose thought he was worth less than a packet of crisps.

So, back on the forum MrEd. Yes United have had a very good window so i'm not in the least bit surprised you are back. I'm expecting all the old crew back to keep Rus and Nev company. Dave De Gea looks like he's staying, obviously not what he wanted but who cares.

I think you will have a good season despite van Gaal. btw, who's Mike Smalling?

Edited by carmine

Pogba's worth what some mug will pay for him. As are all footballers. Ask a City fan..... Minnyou, i'm a bit surprised RedNose thought he was worth less than a packet of crisps.

So, back on the forum MrEd. Yes United have had a very good window so i'm not in the least bit surprised you are back. I'm expecting all the old crew back to keep Rus and Nev company. Dave De Gea looks like he's staying, obviously not what he wanted but who cares.

cheesy.gif Aye he is Golden that boy Pogba is it any Wonder Ferguson thought he was a Walker the kind of Wotsit that Lays his hat where the big Chips are ......one day he could become the real McCoys or even a Monster munch but until that happens he is still small Fry and to be Pringly honest i don't give a Marmite Doritos if he becomes a Transformer or a Space Invader.

Nev mate hope all is well with you give me a bell when you are back(if you have left) i will come and have a pint with you.

• Like 1

cheesy.gif Aye he is Golden that boy Pogba is it any Wonder Ferguson thought he was a Walker the kind of Wotsit that Lays his hat where the big Chips are ......one day he could become the real McCoys or even a Monster munch but until that happens he is still small Fry and to be Pringly honest i don't give a Marmite Doritos if he becomes a Transformer or a Space Invader.

Nev mate hope all is well with you give me a bell when you are back(if you have left) i will come and have a pint with you.

Still on the Disco biscuits I see!

Welcome back. ;)

Never left mate, ended up in hospital and I had a operation on my prostate, so been taking it easy.

Will give you a call when I go into town mate.

• Like 1