Manchester United

redrus

I ain't gonna panic either Redrus, it is what it is. My lifespan only goes back to the Tommy Doc era & then Sexton plus I remember very well Ron Atkinson & Fergies 'barren' first 6-7 years in charge.

It's all entertainment at the end of the day & the other teams in the league are hardly setting the world on fire, apart from Leceister. If Arsenal don't win the Prem this year, they never will!

I go back to 1962 as a 13 year old and the signing of Denis Law (as mentioned previously in this forum) was the catalyst for my supporting United,and I,ve seen the highs (many many of them) and luckily just a few lows,I,ve admired many other clubs achievements and styles of play throughout this time too numerous to mention excepting for one, and that is Liverpool,s record in European competitions as it is better that ours,wonderfull nights watching them on TV during the 70,s and 80,s playing attacking football of the highest order,and I commend and acknowledge this.

I asked a simple straightforward question a few post previous to two regular critics of this great club challenging them to post their clubs past achievements if they felt they could match or better United,s............of course they could not-no English club can thumbsup.gif

I rest my case biggrin.png

Early 60's was my time, I was early 20's and United came to Australia on tour.We, as a very successfull young team in Sydney, had watched and admired them, later on B/W TV's or at Cinemas newsreels if we were lucky but to see them in the flesh was the clincher.I was given a United club tie by them which I still have.George Best luv him came back and played as a guest for my club and his request at full time was for a cup of tea.Through good times and bad I have admired the way they club has conducted itself and its style of playing the game which is of course is impossible without the talent they enjoyed in the past. United may never return to the glory days, money and personal ambition reigns today but was memorable while it lasted.Theres a Man United DVD kicking around if you can find it ,takes you right through their history from day 1

Ashley Young is out for a long,long time with a groin injury. While he may not have solved Uniteds defensive woes he sure gave 100 % playing in a postion that was totally foreign to him.

When is Rojo due back ?

Ashley Young is out for a long,long time with a groin injury. While he may not have solved Uniteds defensive woes he sure gave 100 % playing in a postion that was totally foreign to him.

When is Rojo due back ?
Surely Rojo return should be imminent, especially as they were all frolicking around with the away fans at Anfield.

Actually just checked and some reports suggest Rojo will return next month at the earliest?

Edited by DMC1

I ain't gonna panic either Redrus, it is what it is. My lifespan only goes back to the Tommy Doc era & then Sexton plus I remember very well Ron Atkinson & Fergies 'barren' first 6-7 years in charge.

It's all entertainment at the end of the day & the other teams in the league are hardly setting the world on fire, apart from Leceister. If Arsenal don't win the Prem this year, they never will!

I go back to 1962 as a 13 year old and the signing of Denis Law (as mentioned previously in this forum) was the catalyst for my supporting United,and I,ve seen the highs (many many of them) and luckily just a few lows,I,ve admired many other clubs achievements and styles of play throughout this time too numerous to mention excepting for one, and that is Liverpool,s record in European competitions as it is better that ours,wonderfull nights watching them on TV during the 70,s and 80,s playing attacking football of the highest order,and I commend and acknowledge this.

I asked a simple straightforward question a few post previous to two regular critics of this great club challenging them to post their clubs past achievements if they felt they could match or better United,s............of course they could not-no English club can thumbsup.gif

I rest my case biggrin.png

Early 60's was my time, I was early 20's and United came to Australia on tour.We, as a very successfull young team in Sydney, had watched and admired them, later on B/W TV's or at Cinemas newsreels if we were lucky but to see them in the flesh was the clincher.I was given a United club tie by them which I still have.George Best luv him came back and played as a guest for my club and his request at full time was for a cup of tea.Through good times and bad I have admired the way they club has conducted itself and its style of playing the game which is of course is impossible without the talent they enjoyed in the past. United may never return to the glory days, money and personal ambition reigns today but was memorable while it lasted.Theres a Man United DVD kicking around if you can find it ,takes you right through their history from day 1

Was that for Manly mate as I was at a the game at crommer park when besty played, remember him scoring by lobbing the keeper, he was a mile offside but that didn't matter he was there to entertain the crowd.

More importantly when will MrRed be back biggrin.png

Don't be silly alfie He'll have never been away and if he had it'll be cos he's somewhere there's no internet coverage.:D.:lol:> of coarse it'll be nothing to do with utd going through a 'supposed' hard time,,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Glad I missed it.

I despise the booers, I despise this insipid football as much.

I cannot see where this is going if he stays. He says he won't be sacked as that will tar his record, that leaves him with walking. I can't see how his position is tenable after this and, fully expect that he should walk. In reality, his bull headedness, will see him walk at seasons end.

Rather sad that he didn't take onboard the clubs traditions, and incorporate that with his own, I firmly believe that could have been an force to be admired but, he didn't and his 'ways' are not working, but he will not change.

Good luck to him, but he's systematically tearing our traditions apart.

Patrice Evra made fantastic admissions on his history lessons about the club when he joined and, his comments made me proud. I wish LvG had made the same investments.

redrus

Totally agree with all of that bit i don't think its all bad news because unlike some pundits i hearing saying United don't have the players, i think you do. Its the management that needs to go and the fact you are still in touching distance of the top four playing such turgid football says a lot. United are also a club that will always have money to spend if needed.

The truest reflection on van Gaal's reign for me is that no one now fears United anymore and see you as up for the taking but under better management that situation would change in a very short time. He simply has to go.

Guardiola to United, Mourinho to City? Who knows, just stay away from our manager!!

Just read a report Jose Mourinho has sent a 6 page letter to United outlining his desire and willingness to adapt his style of management to be acceptable to United,s traditions...........interesting......more to follow I,m sure.

Football used to be a sport that the normal working class man could relate to,sadly with the amount of obscene money coming into the game it is now big business,a lot of the United fans shown at the match were normal folks paying upwards of £36 for a ticket and they come to watch entertaining football,win or lose thumbsup.gif

Its the most open title race I,ve known for quite some time but if I were a betting man (and I,m not) City will be my favourites if Aguero can stay fit...........best striker in the Prem. by far.

• Like 1

well they might still be in touch with the top 4 but that is not how I look at it, if they don't win the next 2x games they will be dropping towards the bottom 4 because it is all quite close in the middle of the table

LVG has to go *******NOW******* he has failed to bring the team into a hard playing scoring formation, they just look to me like they are waiting for the final whistle from the first minute, there is something very badly gone wrong - poor passing, lackluster defence, no attacking strategy that I make out.......epic fail

The fans should boycott the next game

LVG had the look of a dead man at the end of the game,Southampton outplayed us and allways looked the likely winners,I,m 67 and I can still trap the ball better than Rooney,time for a change I,m afraid,nothing to offer going forward no creativity,pass pass pass without anything at the end of it.

I have never been one for changes sake unless you can be sure that the new guy can improve but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough and I feel that time is now.

Losing games I,ve never had a problem with,no club has a divine right to ultimate domination but we watch football to be entertained,win or lose,it is all about performance on the pitch.... and all too often this season it has been sadly lacking. sad.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Flip flopping from what you said 2 or 3 days ago!!!

Anyway, I dont know why you are so upset, I thought you played some very good football.....in the 1990s!

And you have the memories of Nobby Stiles and Georgie Best from the 60s.

And you are NOT playing the worst football in the Premiership.... that would be Villa.

Cheer up you should be safe this year.

just watched MOTD highlights, the crowd reaction at the end was the angriest i've ever heard united fans. van gaal is looking like a lost cause now.

I figure the only reason LVG has lasted this long is that he has kept United close to CL qualification. But with their recent performances and dropping in the table its likely he'll be gone soon. If the Glazers knew anything about football they'd can both LVG and Woodward. They should have cleaned house when SAF left but let him stick them with Moyes. One bad decision after another since Ferguson rode off into the sunset.

just watched MOTD highlights, the crowd reaction at the end was the angriest i've ever heard united fans. van gaal is looking like a lost cause now.

I figure the only reason LVG has lasted this long is that he has kept United close to CL qualification. But with their recent performances and dropping in the table its likely he'll be gone soon. If the Glazers knew anything about football they'd can both LVG and Woodward. They should have cleaned house when SAF left but let him stick them with Moyes. One bad decision after another since Ferguson rode off into the sunset.

Its because they have never had to make decisions like "Who shall we make manager?

And they havent got the choice of the players they used to have, because they cannot tempt the superstars there without CL football and a knob ed manager.... so they have to overpay for average players.

With United and the Ferguson dynasty, he was so good, but he didnt do like the great Liverpools in the past and nurture the next manager, hence why they are up sh!t creek without a paddle.

Shame!!

BUT I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

[quite]

With United and the Ferguson dynasty, he was so good, but he didnt do like the great Liverpools in the past and nurture the next manager, hence why they are up sh!t creek.

*****WUM ALERT*****

Put the wooden spoon down now, move away from the wooden spoon. Put the spoon down now, or we will open fire.

redrus

• Like 1

Just biding time until he leaves, he will be given until it is not possible to get top 4 same as Moyes was, let's face it we are not going to make top 4, so IMHO he should just leave and being in someone who could turn it around and scrape a top 4 spot.

• Like 1

Just biding time until he leaves, he will be given until it is not possible to get top 4 same as Moyes was, let's face it we are not going to make top 4, so IMHO he should just leave and being in someone who could turn it around and scrape a top 4 spot.

Exactly as I see it Nev. I see top 4 as the Glazers/Woodward bottom line. Will they bring in Mourinho ? I would....on a contract until the end of the season, with an option for renewal.