Manchester United

redrus

Absolutely brilliant from Denis 'The King' Law.

Interviewed yesterday, he was asked,

'Would the United side you played in beat the current one?'

After careful thought he replied,

'Yes, I think so, probably 1-0'

'Why so close?', he was asked

'Cos most of my team I played for are in their 70's now'

Think I've posted this before, but a few years back I asked my old man (in his mid 80s) who's the best player he's ever seen play for City. He reckoned Denis Law mk1..one second he'd be defending in his goal area and seconds later he'd be finishing off a move was how he remembers Denis (my old man would have seen players from WW2 onwards Iincluding watching Colin Bell as a season ticket holder so Denis must have been some player in the early 60s).

]

I'm finding the managerial situation at Old Trafford very hard to comprehend. In the past calendar month comments were coming out how happy the management were with LvG so much so they were thinking of extending his contract regardless of other managers available or might become available. In the past week the media has pronounced LvG Dead man walking and will be gone by the turn of the year. Now following a few losses big baby LvG sounds like a broken man and is giving out hints of a possible resignation - frankly if he resigns I'll be very shocked by his actions as he comes across so think skinned that he probably only listens to the voice in his head. How about toughing it out ManU and LvG.

You ManU fans seem a little quiet on this. What do you lot want?

Lvg to continue

LvG out now

If you want LvG out, who do you want in? along with Giggs to the summer].

Ever since Mourinho left Chelsea, the Man Utd fans have been singing his name so they

obviously want him to replace LVG.

So my questions are,

If Mourinho was appointed, where would that leave Giggs?

Do you think Mourinho and Giggs would be successful working together?

Would Mourinho want his own back room staff and therefore Giggs would have to leave with LVG?

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1

Same same just a different team, Bayern have got back on there feet and so will united,the process of rebuilding needs to be put into the right hands Mourinio? Pep? Giggs? Or another, I would like Pep but I think he is city bound.

What book is that extract from Nev?

]

Moneyball 3: The Revenge of the Sith.

Decent 2nd half. Matic should have put his 1 on 1 away. Rooney should have put his chance away. LvG's body language gave nothing away as he walked down the touchline at the end.

no decent manager would/should be giving anything away. The mo they show its getting to them, honesty imo, its the beginning of the end for them. They shouldnt get to up when winning or low when losing, just keep balanced .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Think I've posted this before, but a few years back I asked my old man (in his mid 80s) who's the best player he's ever seen play for City. He reckoned Denis Law mk1..one second he'd be defending in his goal area and seconds later he'd be finishing off a move was how he remembers Denis (my old man would have seen players from WW2 onwards Iincluding watching Colin Bell as a season ticket holder so Denis must have been some player in the early 60s).

]

Late 50s early 60's law and greaves were the Stand out young stars of English football hense their att HUGE monied moves to high wage paying wealthy Italian clubs.

Edited by rijit

]

Late 50s early 60's law and greaves were the Stand out young stars of English football hense their att HUGE monied moves to high wage paying wealthy Italian clubs.

British don't you mean, and Best wasn't?

]

British don't you mean, and Best wasn't?
it was the

English league they were stand out in nev and no he wasn't not in the late 50's or early 60's . Mid to late 60's yeah but early doors ie 60 1 2 and 3 it was 'all' greaves and law.

Two excellent goals and a all round much improved display by the team carrying on from the Chelsea game, thought Young was our standout player followed by Schneiderlin who makes a big difference to us when he plays.

Much need 3 points in the bag.

• Like 2

Much more committment all over the pitch.Young easily MOM doing what he does best attacking down the flank.

Still a lot of improvement needed but a distinct change in attitude, The last second header from Fabianski could of course spoilt the party.

Jones breaks down again,hoplessly injury prone for one so young.

I so love how the tables have changed and the expectation levels of United have dropped and ours have increased. You were playing an out of form, 17th placed Swansea at home and yet you are happy with the improvement.

We played an in form 9th position Watford at their gaff and are not happy with our performance. I love seeing the RAGS begging and scrounging for points biggrin.png

• Like 2

I so love how the tables have changed and the expectation levels of United have dropped and ours have increased. You were playing an out of form, 17th placed Swansea at home and yet you are happy with the improvement.

We played an in form 9th position Watford at their gaff and are not happy with our performance. I love seeing the RAGS begging and scrounging for points biggrin.png

Nothing has changed, I would just like to add United's failure is everyone else's success!!!! Hated Adored but never Ignored.

You beat Watford <deleted> you have spent a zillion you are expected to win there.

• Like 1

City are bringing out a new club badge. Maybe time for ManU to do likewise incorporating new club motto "Hated Adored but never Ignored".

Be fine by me if the club did that me old chuck, by the way what you think about city taking football club off the badge, remember when we did it and all we got was we are not a football club no more but a franchise.

^Not unhappy with City taking Football Club or FC off the badge, but i personally would have preferred Manchester City FC on the badge. But I do like the look of the new badge; going back to the one I grew up with. Also appreciate the owners bothering to look in to the badge; I'm not aware of any ulterior motives on their part.

Respect to the Man U squad.

Strong statement of support for the manager. Nice to see in this era of increasingly alienating behaviour by some of those we pay highly to entertain us

Are u listening ****wit Chav 'professionals'?

• Like 1

So Nev, who's ManU player of the season at the halfway mark? The goalie I'm guessing.

At City it be Fernandinho, Hart and Sagna has put a shift in and been a pleasant surprise.

Degea for sure, apart from him all others have been inconsistent, Smalling and Schniderlin Schweinstiger and Martial are the only ones who I would say have had a decent season. Edited by nev

I like what I've seen of Martial, not just as a player, but he looks a person with a decent attitude (similar to Silva if you know what I mean)

Agree about Martial a very level headed young lad, Memphis needs to learn a few things off him, turning up for training in a flash Rolls Royce offs.

Nothing has changed, I would just like to add United's failure is everyone else's success!!!! Hated Adored but never Ignored.

You beat Watford <deleted> you have spent a zillion you are expected to win there.

You seem to be in so much denial of your current situation, that you are ignoring what money you lot have spent recently. I'll provide you with a stark reminder thumbsup.gif

1. Manchester United – £274.6m net spend in the past five summer transfer windows

2. Chelsea – £199.05m net spend in the past five summer transfer windows

3. Manchester City – £185.45m net spend in the past five summer transfer windows

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-clubs-ranked-net-spend-last-five-summer-transfer-windows-150903165355?p=10

You seem to be in so much denial of your current situation, that you are ignoring what money you lot have spent recently. I'll provide you with a stark reminder thumbsup.gif

1. Manchester United – £274.6m net spend in the past five summer transfer windows

2. Chelsea – £199.05m net spend in the past five summer transfer windows

3. Manchester City – £185.45m net spend in the past five summer transfer windows

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-clubs-ranked-net-spend-last-five-summer-transfer-windows-150903165355?p=10

Looks like them figs are wrong by a long way bj, net spend for the past 5 years was more like approx 320m with Utd's at 300m, last summer's was approx 110m rolleyes.gif

Footnote : You should be winning the league by a mile biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

You are actually making the same point Mr BJ is making.

We have spent a lot of money and we expect to beat Watford. Your lot have spent even more, yet you dont expect to beat Swansea!!laugh.png

post-74421-0-34593400-1451883720_thumb.j

This is a much better table than Mr Bo's attempt at a link!

Total seasonal spend stats, not just summer. No idea about the accuracy

Source: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons.

No real surprises considering what we all know form ad hoc reports over the years, other than:

West Ham not far off Arsenal's modest tally - ridiculous given relative performance levels

Everton has been well managed financially

How extraordinary is Spurs given they have been in one or other form of Europe over the period?

I'll leave you all to pick holes - don't shoot the messenger!

Edited by SantiSuk