Manchester United

redrus

Jose said post match he was disappointed In 3 players in the first half.No mention of who but Lingard who hasn't played for weeks on the left flank and Mkhitaryan is a no 10  was playing on the right flankThe 3rd I guess was Blind who got caught out big time. Expect a whole lot of changes in the week some players have had no game time at all,or very little Jones,Damian,Rojo,Young,De Pay,Scheinderlin,Sweinsteiger,Smalling

Carrick.Rashford must get 90 mins surely

9 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Jose said post match he was disappointed In 3 players in the first half.No mention of who but Lingard who hasn't played for weeks on the left flank and Mkhitaryan is a no 10  was playing on the right flankThe 3rd I guess was Blind who got caught out big time. Expect a whole lot of changes in the week some players have had no game time at all,or very little Jones,Damian,Rojo,Young,De Pay,Scheinderlin,Sweinsteiger,Smalling

Even more strange is Mikhitaryan is going to have MRI scan this week, he was not fit, and Lingard why o why throw him in after being out injured.

On August 10, 2016 at 8:28 PM, BangrakBob said:

Mourinho in 2015: "Now, they are buying the title. All of them, they are buying the title.

"It is up to us to be strong and to fight them and, obviously, to try and win it again, even without the big investments."

Mourinho in 2016 - 1st manager of all time to spend €1bn.

Why do people listen to the knob?

I'M NOT EVEN REPLYING TO A POST......WHEN IS THIS SOFTWARE GOING TO BE SORTED OUT.

PERHAPS THE CURRENT PEOPLE WHO APPEAR TO BE INCAPABLE OF SORTING IT OUT SHOULD BE REPLACED WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN?

Back to football and i wonder if United fans should be concerned that the once special one is continuing to make weird and uninspired selections?

Problem with him is he is not able to admit his mistakes and his stubbornness is self destructive.

• Like 1

Mourinho's problem was he set up (badly) to counter City, whereas Pep maintained our system/formation and just replaced Nacho for Aguero.

This is the best article I've read so far, it's by a lady writer who clearly has a good analytical eye.

Man United 1-2 Man City: 16 Conclusions

http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-1-2-man-city-16-conclusions

Insightful for both City and ManU fans!

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Mourinho's problem was he set up (badly) to counter City, whereas Pep maintained our system/formation and just replaced Nacho for Aguero.

This is the best article I've read so far, it's by a lady writer who clearly has a good analytical eye.

Man United 1-2 Man City: 16 Conclusions

http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-1-2-man-city-16-conclusions

Insightful for both City and ManU fans!

I've read her stuff many times, she's very good isn't she.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Who is she exactly? Where do you find her stuff (apart from that site url I posted)?

All i know is she writes editorials and post match analysis for football365 along with a guy called Paul Storey.  They are both extremely good

12 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I think he did 2x things in his press conf.

1. He admitted he was wrong in his team selection - which I agree with, once city scored a very easy goal then they were on the backfoot and under pressure

2. The ref did make some poor calls and the two incident he mentions I agree 100%

Manu did'nt actually start to play until well into the 2nd half, there were several chances that were botched and should have resulted in at least 2 easy goals, this is a new team in many ways and a lot of players who are developing together to make the team work, it takes time, the start this season has been a good one all considered and I expect them to improve match on match as the season developes

• Like 2

True Smedly there are 34 games to go,the right combo will sort itself out

Don't mention that the studs up challenge by the new centre back Bravo on Rooney was a dead set penalty or the boys in blue will be all over it.

Although a draw would have been the wrong result.The margins are so thin in the EPL and expect the unexpected, like West Ham and Watford who United play next away.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I think he did 2x things in his press conf.

1. He admitted he was wrong in his team selection - which I agree with, once city scored a very easy goal then they were on the backfoot and under pressure

2. The ref did make some poor calls and the two incident he mentions I agree 100%

Manu did'nt actually start to play until well into the 2nd half, there were several chances that were botched and should have resulted in at least 2 easy goals, this is a new team in many ways and a lot of players who are developing together to make the team work, it takes time, the start this season has been a good one all considered and I expect them to improve match on match as the season developes

he didn't though did he? because mourinho never admits to a mistake and is never wrong, it's always someone else's fault. so he didn't admit to getting his starting XI wrong, he just blamed the players he picked.

the bravo/rooney incident was probably a penalty 'cos it was studs up and reckless but i could see why the ref didn't give it in real time. and the otamendi one wasn't deliberate handball in a month of fridays. 

^Pleased to see you are trying to find some positives from ManU's performance.

As for "was a dead set penalty or the boys in blue will be all over it" - Why would the boys in blue be all over it? A penalty; I didn't think it was even a foul. Neither played raised their studs, it was a side-of-foot to side-of-foot full-bloodied tackle. Ref got it correct. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAKIJZr81rI&feature=youtu.be 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

OK reds as city have won the league on Saturday, what should we concentrate on? Making top 4 or winning one of the cups.

We really need champions league football so putting a weakened team out and letting some if the fringe players get game time in the Europa league on Thursday night.

My team would be.

Rashford 

Depay        Mata

Pogba 

Carrick  Schniderlin

Rojo Smalling Bailly Darmian

Romero

And play 433.

3 minutes ago, nev said:

OK reds as city have won the league on Saturday, what should we concentrate on? Making top 4 or winning one of the cups.

We really need champions league football so putting a weakened team out and letting some if the fringe players get game time in the Europa league on Thursday night.

My team would be.

Rashford 

Depay        Mata

Pogba 

Carrick  Schniderlin

Rojo Smalling Bailly Darmian

Romero

And play 433.

Wouldn't Martial do with a run out, Nev?  Bit of a loss of form or lacking in confidence.  Other than that it looks a very strong side.  

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

Wouldn't Martial do with a run out, Nev?  Bit of a loss of form or lacking in confidence.  Other than that it looks a very strong side.  

Yes mate, but I really think Depay needs a start and try and prove himself, you could put Martial in for Mata and Hererra in one of the midfield spots, as long as Rooney doesn't start I will be happy, against city he should have been dropped and played a extra player in midfield, in the second half we matched them when Hererra can on and we went 433 and shunted Rooney out wide.

It is obvious that we are slow with both Zlatan and Rooney playing.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2016 at 6:37 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

^Pleased to see you are trying to find some positives from ManU's performance.

As for "was a dead set penalty or the boys in blue will be all over it" - Why would the boys in blue be all over it? A penalty; I didn't think it was even a foul. Neither played raised their studs, it was a side-of-foot to side-of-foot full-bloodied tackle. Ref got it correct. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAKIJZr81rI&feature=youtu.be 

:cheesy::cheesy: i was waiting for that one, it's physically impossible to play anything with the side of the foot when you are lunging like he did  ! but anyway a side of the foot to the side of the foot is a tackle now is it ?  :cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

:cheesy::cheesy: i was waiting for that one, it's physically impossible to play the ball with the side of the foot when you are lunging like he did  ! again bb see's something different to  other people :D

Nailed on penalty that, and a sending off?.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Surely you don't begrudge us the bragging rights nev or is there some self pity going om there. :P

Not at all, its to early in the season to throw in the towel but by the posts I have been reading from city fans its like you battered us into submission, but for me second half it was evens and if we got the decisions we could have won or drawn.

I think Mourinio knows where he went wrong and won't make the same mistake again.

Enjoy your win mate!!.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Rooney shouldn't have even been on the park at that point. He had got away with 5 yellow card incidents before then.

He shouldn't have been on from the start, we will not improve as a team until he is dropped.

• Like 2

Just now, nev said:

He shouldn't have been on from the start, we will not improve as a team until he is dropped.

what did you think of mourinho's tactical approach nev? i thought united were pretty awful really and was surprised to see him start with lingard and mikyhtarian and then when things weren't working and city were completely bossing midfield, he went all moyes and started lumping it up to the big lads fellaini and zlatan. 

agree about rooney though. he really is living on past glories and is beginning to look a bit of a dinosaur among today's young, quick and nimble players.

20 minutes ago, StevieH said:

what did you think of mourinho's tactical approach nev? i thought united were pretty awful really and was surprised to see him start with lingard and mikyhtarian and then when things weren't working and city were completely bossing midfield, he went all moyes and started lumping it up to the big lads fellaini and zlatan. 

agree about rooney though. he really is living on past glories and is beginning to look a bit of a dinosaur among today's young, quick and nimble players.

And yet he remains an automatic pick for England, now seemingly allowed to play wherever he wants......

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nev said:

Mate he got it wrong big time city was always going to have a 3 man midfield and starting with Pogba attacking midfield and Fellaini sitting in behind was always going to get overrun, it should have need Pogba with Hererra and Carrick sitting behind in a 433 with Martial Zlatan and Rashford up front, trying to fit Rooney in is always a big problem for us, all that and I haven't even mention starting a unfit Mikhitaryan and Lingard who has been out injured, as soon as I saw the lineup i knew we would struggle.

i'm a bit surprised he doesn't start schneiderlin. would have thought he's a shoo-in for one of the two defensive midfield roles. he protects the back four well.