Tesco'S Rip Off

meatboy

Take this as an opportunity to not partake in an unhealthy item. Seriously, deep fried dough with a watery sugar filling and artificial flavouring dyed red, and you are distraught over that?

I like healthy food, but let people eat what they want. I am all for freedom all the way. But that is where you and i but heads.

On the contrary, if someone wants to eat a couple doughnuts, good for them. However, the absence of a bit of gooey filling, is hardly cause to broadcast to the world as if this was some sort of calamity. Instead of posting here, the OP should contact Tesco or speak to the store manager.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can do that because I am not stuffing myself with processed white flour dough stuffed with sodium and preservatives that is deep fat fried in high saturated fats.

Shut up mate you're making me hungry.

Take this as an opportunity to not partake in an unhealthy item. Seriously, deep fried dough with a watery sugar filling and artificial flavouring dyed red, and you are distraught over that?

Do you have any other recommendation on how to feed ourselves? Some people, including myself, like to eat things not because they are healthy, but just because they find pleasure in eating them. Do you wear a mask to protect yourself from fumes, do you cover yourself 100% to protect from sun, do you...do you ....do you...???

I run around naked for, I am food for the eyes of those that are starved for beauty.

I can do that because I am not stuffing myself with processed white flour dough stuffed with sodium and preservatives that is deep fat fried in high saturated fats.

If you want a body like mine, a body that causes all the hookers of Bangla to call me hansum man, and that causes the lady boys to run after me begging to come come to my place to rob me, then lay off the doughnuts.

edited sorry was for someone else.

Edited by robblok

I like healthy food, but let people eat what they want. I am all for freedom all the way. But that is where you and i but heads.

On the contrary, if someone wants to eat a couple doughnuts, good for them. However, the absence of a bit of gooey filling, is hardly cause to broadcast to the world as if this was some sort of calamity. Instead of posting here, the OP should contact Tesco or speak to the store manager.

I agree its not a calamity. But i like Thaivisa for all kind of things just like i asked in the health forum about band aid spray on. It was not like i was going to die or something like that. Sometimes small things can make a big difference for us.

Do you have any other recommendation on how to feed ourselves? Some people, including myself, like to eat things not because they are healthy, but just because they find pleasure in eating them. Do you wear a mask to protect yourself from fumes, do you cover yourself 100% to protect from sun, do you...do you ....do you...???

I run around naked for, I am food for the eyes of those that are starved for beauty.

If you want a body like mine, a body that causes all the hookers of Bangla to call me hansum man, and that causes the lady boys to run after me begging to come come to my place to rob me, then lay off the doughnuts.

so you like a bit of honey ay.

Very true GK. I'd be inconsolable.biggrin.png

I expected you to have a more refined palate and favour a real eclair, or perhaps something with real jam such as a tarte.

Doughnuts. My word. It's a rather gauche habit that represents a threat to civilized society. Dougnut eaters must be stopped. They pass foul smelling gas once the undigestible fried dough sits in their bloated guts rotting away.

• Like 1

Very true GK. I'd be inconsolable.biggrin.png

I expected you to have a more refined palate and favour a real eclair, or perhaps something with real jam such as a tarte.

Doughnuts. My word. It's a rather gauche habit that represents a threat to civilized society.

Well naturally living among the heathens one must suffer a bit mustn't one? Why only this morning my char wallah steeped my Assam for a few two many seconds. He was lucky to only be thrashed to within an inch of his life I can tell you eh what?

I agree its not a calamity. But i like Thaivisa for all kind of things just like i asked in the health forum about band aid spray on. It was not like i was going to die or something like that. Sometimes small things can make a big difference for us.

What some peep's do not understand is that it's a con if they say something on the box it should be what it is supposed to be. They Tesco would never get away doing the thing's they do here in England. I happend to be in Tesco yesterday and they had prepacked uncooked meat 6 day's past the sell by date, when I pointed it out the reply was it still ok up to you if you buy it. Good game A. Edited by fredob43

What some peep's do not understand is that it's a con if they say something on the box it should be what it is supposed to be. They Tesco would never get away doing the thing's they do here in England. I happend to be in Tesco yesterday and they had prepacked uncooked meat 6 day's past the sell by date, when I pointed it out the reply was it still ok up to you if you buy it. Good game A.

What some peeps realise is that Tesco Thailand IS NOT Tesco England. What you see as a con in England may well be 'Today's Special' in Thailand. Now stop whingeing and get your arse over here for a dose of reality.

• Lets start a petition to Tesco UK demanding standardisation .........wait a minute if they get an increase in Jam in the UK dougnuts, would we be entitled to demand they increase here?.......now where is my UK MP's telephone number.

]What some peep's do not understand is that it's a con if they say something on the box it should be what it is supposed to be. They Tesco would never get away doing the thing's they do here in England. I happend to be in Tesco yesterday and they had prepacked uncooked meat 6 day's past the sell by date, when I pointed it out the reply was it still ok up to you if you buy it. Good game A.

Thing is.. Tesco isnt here in England its in Thailand. Do you really think that companies stay the same all over the world.

A typical case of rich British hypermarket ripping poor Thai citizens.

Yet right. If it's sarcasm use a Smiley.

If you honestly believe it. Get a life. Most mom and pop stores would go bust if not for Tesco lotus wholesale section.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

You have not heard of Makro?

The good thing is that Makro does not sell Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddings; or worst jellied eels.

I have. But funny enough there are way more Tesco's Than Makro's. And I'm pretty sure Tesco don't have wholesale packs of jellied eels. Actually I have NEVER seen roast beef and yorkshires at Tesco lotus. Maybe that's a pattaya thing.

]What some peep's do not understand is that it's a con if they say something on the box it should be what it is supposed to be. They Tesco would never get away doing the thing's they do here in England. I happend to be in Tesco yesterday and they had prepacked uncooked meat 6 day's past the sell by date, when I pointed it out the reply was it still ok up to you if you buy it. Good game A.

Thing is.. Tesco isnt here in England its in Thailand. Do you really think that companies stay the same all over the world.

My sentiments exactly.

One always has the choice. If you do not like Tesco, stay away. You will not be missed.

my plea to tesco's ceo mr.chris bush,please sir may i have some more jam every little helps.

as i forgot to mention my beloved[avatar] loves your jam-y doughnuts since i had him neutered he loves to lick the creamy custard in the middle so yesterday he was so disapointed.

I don't know how many of you UK ex-pats were in the UK when the big expose of Tesco standards verus targets was blown out on 'World in Action' (a very popular prime time British TV show).

An undercover reporter took a job in Tesco and Sainsburys on the meat/ fish counters. The reporter was told by management to repack prawns (shrimp) that was over its use by date, and there was cross contamination between meat and fish via the knives and boards. there were quite a lot of nuggets of exposure, it also was all over the front pages of the tabloids the morning prior to the live screening just to make sure EVERYONE watched it. Seems like tesco pissed someone off who was quite high in the BBC.....lol

I recall Sainsburys coming out of it pretty unscathed. But Tesco were caught being rather naughty on a heap of issues. The staff were actually being trained to do these things by the senior store management, and it was explained that the department managers would constantly get their <deleted> kicked over 'shrinkage' (wastage).

It prompted a rather embarrassed statement from the Tesco supremo at the end of the show. Obviously it was more of denial that they encouraged it... Blatant lies and would have been much better left unsaid.

It was no surprise that not too long after that, there was a 'PR Drenched' reality show emerged called 'The Supermarket', which yes.... was a 'fly on the wall' weekly TV show based in Tescos. (I wonder if it was part of the fallout?.....lol).

But there was a lot of very smug posturing from the upper echelons as to how Tesco was becoming this huge global force (Tesco International)... It seems they have had to clean up their act in the UK, but wouldn't it be a thing if someone was to lift the lid on their global standards... Seems to me, they are at it a lot more abroad. I won't go into details, but I have seen things in Tesco here that have made me think about that TV show more than once or twice.

Edited by klubex99

A typical case of rich British hypermarket ripping poor Thai citizens.

Yet right. If it's sarcasm use a Smiley.

If you honestly believe it. Get a life. Most mom and pop stores would go bust if not for Tesco lotus wholesale section.

A moderator in waiting ! smile.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.pnglaugh.pngwink.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gifrolleyes.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifwub.pnggiggle.gifsad.pngcoffee1.gifblink.pngbah.gifw00t.gifsick.gifermm.gif

That is amazing. I eat doughnuts at every meal and still have the same effect on hookers and lady boys! w00t.gif

just had a reply from tesco they have had toooooooooooo many complaints from customers that the jam was squirting out when bitten ending up down their clothes.the trick is to bite at the hole first.

:cheesy:

Your a very stressful person right? They say that confort foods especially those high in fat and sugars actually help to reduce stress and anxiety.thumbsup.gif

just had a reply from tesco they have had toooooooooooo many complaints from customers that the jam was squirting out when bitten ending up down their clothes.the trick is to bite at the hole first.

Tesco has a doughnut hotline?

The line is jammed with people wanting to complain?

Bwahahahahaha laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Sorry. Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

• Like 1

We need a crackdown. Set up a war room immediately.

We need a crackdown. Set up a war room immediately.

I surmise from watching TV that doughnuts (donuts) are the sole dietary input of US cops. Tesco wouldn't dare try this scam out there.

what we see is a lot of these big boys get too complacent and take their foot off the pedal,they seem to think oh dont care about him or her we can do without customers that complain they only spent [14000bht] last quarter, how far are they from the truth these are the bread and butter customers ,just look at uk operations,shares down,sales down,ceo quits.we have seen this too often exp.in the uk.m&s,thomsons hollidays [tui travel] the banks,many that become too big for their boots.so as they say,no money no honey,if it says jam and there's no jam its a scam.