Myanmar Introduces Visa-On-Arrival To Facilitate Foreigners' Entry

All very well, but you are still not permitted to drive from Tatchilek to Yangon, maybe all in good timesmile.png Here's hoping!!

With an MT&T guide you should be able to, but that's expensive. By next year you should be able to drive from Myawaddy to Yangon though - no more restrictions or asking for official permission. However, coming from Tachileik might be a different story though.

Yes. Those opium refineries and hidden prisons don't just hide themselves, you know.

Ah what garbage. First of all, it's yaba factories that are the moneymakers these days not opium factories, that was 20 years ago. Secondly, hidden prisons? Where do you get that info from? Myanmar has made enormous strides towards democracy and releasing political prisoners etc. what's with all the cynicism? I've been to the checkpoint at Gyaing, near Kawkareik. There's nothing dangerous about that place anymore which is why they are opening up that route NEXT MONTH (I have received updated information) which is much earlier than next year. The Karen ceasefire seems stable and everywhere I've been in the rural areas of Kayin State is quite safe. BTW it would be very easy to bypass the checkpoint even now, but with the opening date of the road to foreign travellers coming up so shortly, there is little reason to risk problems but I'm just saying, in theory, it's possible.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I take it, Myanmar is not ready to issue "Retirement-Visas" just yet.

Can a 70- Day "Business-Visa" be extended (let's say) 40 times back to back?

Cheers. 

Not yet on the retirement visas, but there has been some news that they are looking to in to Permanent Residency for foreigners later this year.

As for back to back business visas - no problems if you have the right paperwork, your own company or a local company to sponsor it.  Even 40 times...

After you have had a few 70 day single entry business visas, you can eventually apply for 6 month and 1 year multiple entry visas.

I take it, Myanmar is not ready to issue "Retirement-Visas" just yet.

Can a 70- Day "Business-Visa" be extended (let's say) 40 times back to back?

Cheers. 

Not yet on the retirement visas, but there has been some news that they are looking to in to Permanent Residency for foreigners later this year.

As for back to back business visas - no problems if you have the right paperwork, your own company or a local company to sponsor it.  Even 40 times...

After you have had a few 70 day single entry business visas, you can eventually apply for 6 month and 1 year multiple entry visas.

To form a corporation in Myanmar, a minimum investment of US$ 50'000 is required. Right/Wrong?

Cheers.

agreed it is not available except to those flying form Cambodia for some strange reason.

i just got my pre approved visa on arrival via Myanmar visa cost $75

a bit more than going to the Embassy but as i live in Phuket would entail an overnight stay/taxi', so the extra $45 is well worth it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...