Anyone Seeking To Form A Band?

Chads

Be very careful where you play! Technically you need a work permit, and even if playing for no money, if it's in a public place, the police can make things very uncomfortable for you. I played for several years at a club that collected money for the Camelian Society. I got to know the owner very well, and saw all the shennanigans that went behind the scenes. I stopped playing there because he stopped paying for the bar's umbrella work permit and told me he would bail me out of jail if the police came and arrested us musicians. Just a word to the wise . . .

by the way silsburyhill (great pete gabriel song by the way), i like the name 'old neverbeens', can we use it?

Silsbury Hill? Great song, but it's called Solsbury Hill which is in Somerset and where he claimed to have a "spiritual experience". It's also supposedly about his split from Genesis.

Seems like one member has misspelled his TV name. Doh!

Firstly, you ASSume my nik is named for SILBURY HILL (sic) (it's not), And it's 'SOLSBURY Hill'. Double Doh laugh.png

What was that you said? Oh, no problem old chap, apology accepted.

A quick recap for the hard of reading tongue.png

It was me that said maybe your nic was Silbury Hill not 'KB', and you've corrected his 'Solsbury Hill' with 'Solsbury Hill' blink.png So I guess that's a treble Doh. biggrin.png

So where is Silsbury Hill then?

Edited by HongKongPhooey

Why yes! I'm sure you'll find no problem attracting old neverbeens just itching to grab their moth eaten Les Paul copies and get some chum able to hit a stretched cowhide with a stick or two, together with someone playing along with themselves, alone, on an all singing all dancing 'keyboard', whose collection in music stopped around 1980 and deems everything else 'rubbish'.

Good luck with that blink.png .

No worries, just trying. If it doesn't work out it's alright too. What kind of music do you like?

I was a professional bass player in a country band in Scotland before I moved to Thailand, but I don't live in Phuket, I live in Phichit province, and I would be interested in joining a band, I have noticed a good few Thai musicians, but the male singers, OH NO, I've heard a better noise flushing the toilet.

here's me hoping we can get back to the subject of finding musicians and forming a band.

chads, where are you? what are your ideas?

Haha yes Steve, there have been many comments but they've been fun to read too. I have no intention of actually playing at bars for money or something.

I'm wondering if there are garages / rehearsal studios people can rent by the hour in Phuket for playing music?

I'm not at Phuket at the moment but I'm moving there really soon (in June or July).

Why yes! I'm sure you'll find no problem attracting old neverbeens just itching to grab their moth eaten Les Paul copies and get some chum able to hit a stretched cowhide with a stick or two, together with someone playing along with themselves, alone, on an all singing all dancing 'keyboard', whose collection in music stopped around 1980 and deems everything else 'rubbish'.

Good luck with that blink.png .

the o p asked a fair question. Good luck,any more entertainment on the circuit would be great.

Edited by LivinginKata
rude remark removed