How Much To Tile The 40 Sq M Condo In Pattaya

mucacho

I would like to tile the old condo, how much would it cost me, also the small balcony would need to be tiled, any ideas about the price and please pm me for the person that you recommend?

I would need something neat, but not like super high end expensive, I will be staying in the condo for a while so I am doing it for me, size of condo is 40 sq m

I have rented 4 different condos and KNOW 100% that you want to make sure the surface of the tile is not "smooth as glass" - a few drops of water and you can easily slip. Also beware of how the color is put on the tile, some are "printed" on so the color will wear off where other tiles will have the color "baked on" (I am sure there are experts on this forum that can add to my observation).

I have rented 4 different condos and KNOW 100% that you want to make sure the surface of the tile is not "smooth as glass" - a few drops of water and you can easily slip. Also beware of how the color is put on the tile, some are "printed" on so the color will wear off where other tiles will have the color "baked on" (I am sure there are experts on this forum that can add to my observation).

I can confirm about the smooth as glass bit, in April when I took a crash bang wallop after slipping on the tiles that had just been mopped; those tiles should be illegal IMO; dangerous as hell. Why she never warned me I know not but she won't do it again she promise to me.

Get non slip ones OP and stay safe.:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

so how much do you think would it cost me to tile the whole condo, also paint the walls...............

in condo i stay now, the tiles are really nice, smooth, yellowish white color, really nice.......

so how much do you think would it cost me to tile the whole condo, also paint the walls...............

in condo i stay now, the tiles are really nice, smooth, yellowish white color, really nice.......

A couple of years ago I was charged 80 baht a sq/mtr for the tile laying. This price included the labour and the cement. I was well satisfied. The Tile prices of course will vary a hell of a lot.

I was quoted 30000 bht to tile the whole condo, that is crazy, tiles are extra, this is surely a farang pricing

where can i find a good quality thai home renovators? That have normal prices?

In Pattaya I have just been quoted - for the bathroom only - 20,000 THB excluding the tiles, and 40,000 THB including the tiles. It's a normal condo size bathroom !

I was quoted 30000 bht to tile the whole condo, that is crazy, tiles are extra, this is surely a farang pricing

In Pattaya I have just been quoted - for the bathroom only - 20,000 THB excluding the tiles, and 40,000 THB including the tiles. It's a normal condo size bathroom !

clap2.gifmaybe you need my guy, he is cheaper i guess, Edited by mucacho

Depends if you remove the old tile first or tile over. Removal about 6-10K. New tiling without cost of tile, but incl. cement etc. anywhere from 180-500 /sqm, average 350, depending on company. Most of the better known companies now are around 400/sqm. Painting a studio, walls only is about 2'500 - 5000 Baht, without ceilings, +paint.

If you re-tile do a 8-10cm skirting with the same tile and don't forget to add the (cheap) plastic profile on top, which is nice and keeps away the dust/dirt. Good luck.

~9 months ago, I was quoted 120Bt/sqm for the first floor and 150Bt/sqm for the second floor. But no old tiles ro remove.

I asked why different prices, they answered: we have to carry the tiles, the cement and "everything" one floor up...laugh.png

TiT

But the price seemed to be realistic, 300-500 is just (their) fantasy.

Don't go to so called "companies", there are too many "men in the middle", who want their piece of cake too.

Better is, looking around and if you see them working somewhere, ask (or somebody who speaks thai) how much they want.

If they don't know, ask them for the phone no. of their boss.

Edited by roban

The trouble with these sort of posts, no information is given, what is "a normal size bathroom"?

Do you want the walls tiling as well?

Lets assume a bathroom of 3x3 meters by 3 meters in height, well you can do your own maths.

20k for tiles, who quoted you that price?

Get yourself to Home Pro, plenty of decent bathroom tiles non slip for about 300 baht per s/m.

Next question, who actually quoted you these prices?

How do you know the person who quoted these prices wasnt taking a whacking great commission?

I would be paying no more than 700 baht per s/m for everything.

In Buriram, not Pattaya, ฿3500.-

Cosidering its no more than 2 days work and Burriram isnt even on the 300 Baht minimum wage, I would say thats exceptionally expensive. Tiles cost from 80 Baht per sqm upwards, cement, sand and grout is minimal.....do the figures yourselfe,

Cosidering its no more than 2 days work and Burriram isnt even on the 300 Baht minimum wage, I would say thats exceptionally expensive. Tiles cost from 80 Baht per sqm upwards, cement, sand and grout is minimal.....do the figures yourselfe,

Let's do the figures like you state them

Tiles 80 Bht x 40 sqm = 3200 Baht

Cement,sand and grout for 40 sqm = let's say 1000 Bht if you don't use premium materials

Total 4200 Baht labour not included yet.

You're right 3500 Baht must be a rip off.

• 4 weeks later...

for material plus work?

that is so cheap

I paid 5k baht for the work to completely renovate a condo: new hardwooden doors, completely new bathroom (not only tiling, but all in the bathroom), tiling of the balcony, tiling of the living and bedroom, all electrical work and some more small work. Do you think they cheated on me with this? I don't think so and they did quite a good job as well, which can be challenging in LOS. This was in Bangkok though and I guess Pattaya will cost you more.

Anyway Mucacho, my posts are not meant to be offensive, but I just wanted to show that if you use common sense you can avoid a great part of getting cheated.

I wish you a nice stay in Thailand.

for material plus work?

that is so cheap

I paid 5k baht for the work to completely renovate a condo: new hardwooden doors, completely new bathroom (not only tiling, but all in the bathroom), tiling of the balcony, tiling of the living and bedroom, all electrical work and some more small work. Do you think they cheated on me with this? I don't think so and they did quite a good job as well, which can be challenging in LOS. This was in Bangkok though and I guess Pattaya will cost you more.

Anyway Mucacho, my posts are not meant to be offensive, but I just wanted to show that if you use common sense you can avoid a great part of getting cheated.

I wish you a nice stay in Thailand.

I had 3 bedrooms done at my house about 1.5 years ago, total about 70sqm, paid 25,000 THB and the work was quite well done, took about a week or so.

This is for labour only

Edited by JaiLai

80 baht/sqm ??? I wouldn't want them even to put in a toilet!

He is talking of a condo, and wants to live in ;)

I didn't find any tiles acceptable for a condo at less than 300 baht/sqm,

the ones I am looking at for my condo are about 500-600

and you quickly climb to 1,000 /sqm if you look for nice and quality...

double then triple check what is under the tiles first. Cheap sub flooring? A solid concrete slab? How much flexing? what might pass as solid for a 110 pound skinny Thai, might not be for a 250 pound ex-pat. Move around the floor and see if you notice any difference, floor joints, etc.

200 baht/ sqm for standard tiles. One box is good for 1 sqm.

Laber is about 100 baht/sqm...so 300 baht for tiles and labor.

300 baht x 40 sqm=12000 baht + a few baht for cement and coffee brake.

Be prepared to be completely ripped off, remember the Monthly pay of a well paid Thai is about 16k baht, what you are talking about is 5 days work plus the cost of the tiles/materials, also note that the old tiles will need to be removed due to weight restrictions in condo buildings

The reason you are going to get rip off prices is because stupid falangs have given them what they ask in the past slowly creeping up and up and now expect it from everyone - falang that is, labor is cheap here and should be a fraction of what it is in the west

That's almost exactly how much I paid for a similar job, but the tiles were mostly outdoors. Shouldn't be any different, though.

Those who say if you pay less, you get lower quality are off base. You can pay a lot, get good quality, pay a lot, get bad quality, pay a little, get bad quality or pay a little and get good quality. Life just ain't so simple, Sally.

That is more like it - sorry I missed your post earlier, any more than this walk away

Let's do the figures like you state them

Cement,sand and grout for 40 sqm = let's say 1000 Bht if you don't use premium materials

Total 4200 Baht labour not included yet.

You're right 3500 Baht must be a rip off.

3,500 was for labour only, not materials...so yes expensive for labour as its only a 2 or 3 day job smarty pants.biggrin.png