Marriage Visa In Penang, How Long Does It Take 1Day? 2-3 Days?

Hello, just got married, biggrin.png need to go get a marriage visa, thinking about Penang.

Wondering how long will it take..... any recent reports of timeline for obtaining a non imm 'O' 90day visa in Penang?

Heard it takes at least 2 days... also heard it was overnight... need to know to plan my arrival date to avoid getting stuck in Penang over a weekend..

thanks

You can convert a tourist visa or a visa exempt entry to a Non-O without leaving Thailand and then extend it for marriage. You'll most likely have to go to Bangkok to do the conversion. conversion - 2000 baht, extension - 1900 baht.

But you can only do that if you financially qualify for one year extension of stay having proof of 40k per month income or 400k in a bank account. Otherwise you will need to obtain the non immigrant O visa 90 day entry from outside the country (same cost for the visa itself in either case).

Believe Penang is closed on Fridays.

If you want a multiple entry non-O, Savanakhet Laos is the place. As has been said, if you qualify for an extension of stay you cna convert from your current entry into a non-immigrant entry at immigration Bangkok.

Maybe This.

is a little off the subject but I try.....

I have applied for a marriage visa extension (1 Year) for the first time.

We applied for the extension may 6, 1 month before my visa expire. I get 1 month extension and my visa now exspire July 6.

Immigration in Kanchannaburi tell me, that I can not get any answer before 6 of July.

Question...

Is that normal that answer is available same day the visa expire ???.

Paperwork was checked by immigration when we applied for the extension, but I have to hurry a lot biggrin.png

if i have to go to Laos same day my visa expire .......

Edited by Muggi1968

This thread is about a visa, not an extension of stay.

But to answer your question, it is normal that you get the result 30 days/1 month after applying. But there seems to be a back-log, causing immigration to tell people to come back in 60 days instead of the normal 30 days.

That the application was accepted means you do not need to worry. If there was a problem they would have spotted it then.

Sometimes the decision has not yet been made on the date you are supposed to return and they will tell you to come back 30 days later.

Yes there is always a 30 day or longer under review period but once paperwork is accepted it would be highly unusual for it not to be approved (unless you break up before then). If you need to travel that day be sure to go prepared with photo and fee for a re-entry permit as that will be required for return to Thailand. You could visit them on the 4th and ask - perhaps they would have and allow issue (but asking now they do not know so have to say no).

Yes there is always a 30 day or longer under review period but once paperwork is accepted it would be highly unusual for it not to be approved (unless you break up before then). If you need to travel that day be sure to go prepared with photo and fee for a re-entry permit as that will be required for return to Thailand. You could visit them on the 4th and ask - perhaps they would have and allow issue (but asking now they do not know so have to say no).

Thank I will try that.

Friends tell me that they want to make me pay a bribery,

But they also warm me that if i pay a bribe, Immigration will expect

that in future when i need new extension or re-entry permissions...

I will follow your advice wai.gif

The 60 days that Muggi1968 got was 30 days to his original permit to stay date and then the normal 30 day wait while they consider the application. Immigration does not start the 30 day wait until the permit to stay date that is being extended.

Also it is not an extension that you got it is a the date to report back to immigration.

Edited by ubonjoe

The 60 days that Muggi1968 got was 30 days to his original permit to stay date and then the normal 30 day wait while they consider the application. Immigration does not start the 30 day wait until the permit to stay date that is being extended.

Also it is not an extension that you got it is a the date to report back to immigration.

6 may: Apply for marriage visa extension

6 June: Original visa expire

6 July: date to report back to immigration

does this mean i have to do a visa run to have a valid visa from 6 - June until 6 - july (6 sep. ... visa run = 3 new month)?

(I have a valid multi re-entry until 2013)

I think I need a TM47 form ermm.gif

Edited by Muggi1968

You must not leave without a re-entry permit from now on. You do not need to leave. You report on 6 July for the one year extension of stay stamp. Your application on 6 May is considered your first 90 day report so next report (using TM47) will be due 90 days later.

You must not leave without a re-entry permit from now on. You do not need to leave. You report on 6 July for the one year extension of stay stamp. Your application on 6 May is considered your first 90 day report so next report (using TM47) will be due 90 days later.

Thanx lopburi3

You need a work permit to work - not a non immigrant B visa. Normally a non immigrant O visa for marriage is accepted for work permit issue. You only have to cross border if using visa entry - if you extend there is no travel required, other than to Immigration for 90 day reports (which often can be done by mail)/yearly extensions.

If you want a multiple entry non-O, Savanakhet Laos is the place. As has been said, if you qualify for an extension of stay you cna convert from your current entry into a non-immigrant entry at immigration Bangkok.

I went to Savanakhet last year, with marriage certificate, birth-certificate from my son and all another papers.

The don´t give me a NON-O multiple, only 3 month. You must show bankbook with maybe 400.000 Baht, then it is possible to have, but then I can make in Thailand too.

1 week ago I go to Kuala Lumpur - it was very easy, only you must show bankbook with 100.000 Baht and you can have NON-O multiple.