Yingluck Likely To Skip Controversial Session Today

webfact

POLITICS

Yingluck likely to skip controversial session today

The Nation

30183752-01_big.jpg

Yingluck

BANGKOK: -- The spotlight will be on a special House-Senate meeting in the Parliament today when MPs will discuss the Constitution Court's injunction last Friday in regard to charter-change legislation.

But PM Yingluck Shinawatra has decided to avoid what could be a contentious debate, saying she has a busy schedule until next week.

News that the prime minister was unlikely to attend the House-Senate meeting came after the PM's secretary-general Suranand Vejjajiva said she may visit people hit by flooding in Chumphon instead.

In the afternoon, the PM is due to go to Nonthaburi to follow up on compensation payments for the massive flood last year. There had been plans to record Yingluck's talk show there, which will be broadcast tomorrow.

Suranand also said the PM's schedule next week was very tight, as it focuses on flood prevention plans. She apparently has to visit many provinces in the North; Ayutthaya, Chai Nat, Phitsanulok, and Bhumipol Dam in Tak.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-08

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the floods have turned out to be a godsend for yingluk.A good excuse to avoid Parliament!

I wonder if Yingluk holds the Thai record for a PM skipping Parliament the most.

How will she perform in the next censure debate? Thaksin can dismiss Nattawut, who is likely to be targeted for his public relations company and its contracts with state enterprises, but he can hardly do the same with Yingluk.

So the floods have turned out to be a godsend for yingluk.A good excuse to avoid Parliament!

I wonder if Yingluk holds the Thai record for a PM skipping Parliament the most.

How will she perform in the next censure debate? Thaksin can dismiss Nattawut, who is likely to be targeted for his public relations company and its contracts with state enterprises, but he can hardly do the same with Yingluk.

She really is a disgrace and embarrassment as a PM I thought Thai,s don't like to lose face REALLY how many times as she and doesn't give a toss.... shocking !!!!

• Like 1

The shi

She really is a disgrace and embarrassment as a PM I thought Thai,s don't like to lose face REALLY how many times as she and doesn't give a toss.... shocking !!!!

Remember her big brother stood up in court and said with a straight face it was an 'honest mistake' that billions of baht belonging to him and his wife had been transferred in and out of his servants' accounts for years.

POLITICS

The Nation

30183752-01_big.jpg

Yingluck

BANGKOK: -- The spotlight will be on a special House-Senate meeting in the Parliament today when MPs will discuss the Constitution Court's injunction last Friday in regard to charter-change legislation.

But PM Yingluck Shinawatra has decided to avoid what could be a contentious debate, saying she has a busy schedule until next week.

News that the prime minister was unlikely to attend the House-Senate meeting came after the PM's secretary-general Suranand Vejjajiva said she may visit people hit by flooding in Chumphon instead.

In the afternoon, the PM is due to go to Nonthaburi to follow up on compensation payments for the massive flood last year. There had been plans to record Yingluck's talk show there, which will be broadcast tomorrow.

Suranand also said the PM's schedule next week was very tight, as it focuses on flood prevention plans. She apparently has to visit many provinces in the North; Ayutthaya, Chai Nat, Phitsanulok, and Bhumipol Dam in Tak.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-08

very tight!!!! Filling up a diary is easy. Planning one needs brains.

POLITICS

The Nation

30183752-01_big.jpg

Yingluck

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-08

very tight!!!! Filling up a diary is easy. Planning one needs brains.
some shoot their arrows and mark their bullseye. Others painstaking mark their bullseye and then take aim!

How many parliamentary sessions has she actually graced with her attendance since she became PM almost 1 year ago? Do I need the fingers on both my hands to count or will one hand be enough?

She will not only enter the annals of Thai history as the country's first female PM, but arguably also the PM who primarily was noted by her absence.

Not that her presence - as a mere puppet - would be required as - so it appears - the country's future is decided in Dubai anyway.

Has she ever done anything besides skip meetings, travel, and cry?

she's made miraculous medical recoveries that beg to be studied for the benefit of all mankind....

As she leaves the hospital today, it's evident she's made an incredibly fast recovery in less than a day from

hospitalised with diarrhea, fatigue, abdominal pain and nausea.

30170956-01_big.jpg

Hopefully, she and her doctors will share with the world medical community the source of her amazing recuperative abilities.

... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

At the risk of being controversial.....so what?

The Thai parliament seems to spend all it's time on variations of these legalese debates, I'd be skipping them too if I was her.

Anyway, it's kicking on for a year in power for Yingluck, the sky hasn't fallen in, there hasn!t been a coup, there hasn't been mass civil protests, no airports have been occupied, and shock development, her brother isn't back.

In the topsy turvy world of Thai politics, that looks like a result to me.

• Like 1

In order to get the message the whole situation needs some discipline from the Journalists and Photographers. They must stop following her around and reporting on all the trivia she is doing. She does everything to avoid parliament and everything to be involved in a photo shoot. If she turned up somewhere with no journo's and no photographers she would be in pieces. Report on her only when she is doing her job. Don't do press conferences with her until she answers journalists questions, there is no point lugging all that camera equipment when the journo's know that if they ask any difficult question she will simply not answer. The media have the power to change everything.

The Thai parliament seems to spend all it's time on variations of these legalese debates, I'd be skipping them too if I was her.

Anyway, it's kicking on for a year in power for Yingluck, the sky hasn't fallen in, there hasn!t been a coup, there hasn't been mass civil protests, no airports have been occupied, and shock development, her brother isn't back.

And in the same year, the Education budget has been decimated, the rice export industry has been decimated, the populist policies are on the verge of bankrupting the country, just do the maths as they wont tell you. Inflation is increasing and the Government denies it, which does not bode well for business and the economy, Election promises have not /can not be implemented. All political effort is being diverted into absolving criminals in their own families of any wrongdoing, whilst globally important bills such as those concerning money laundering and anti terrorism remain on the back burner. Result.....come on theblether, you are being naughty! The only result is Poor 0 - Elites 7 (I know the scoreline should be much bigger but I just had to think of a number ).

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

And in the same year, the Education budget has been decimated, the rice export industry has been decimated, the populist policies are on the verge of bankrupting the country, just do the maths as they wont tell you. Inflation is increasing and the Government denies it, which does not bode well for business and the economy, Election promises have not /can not be implemented. All political effort is being diverted into absolving criminals in their own families of any wrongdoing, whilst globally important bills such as those concerning money laundering and anti terrorism remain on the back burner. Result.....come on theblether, you are being naughty! The only result is Poor 0 - Elites 7 (I know the scoreline should be much bigger but I just had to think of a number ).

All very valid points however!!

TiT, things could be a lot lot worse, in fact all we've seen on TV are a series of dire predictions over the past year.

Some of these bills that are on the back burner don't make one blind bit of difference to the average Thai.

Yes they care about food prices and inflation is a real issue, however a lot of that is out of the hands of the Thai government.

Thai politics has been a basket case from the day dot, my expectations are low and my fears high. Every day that goes past without some of the predicted crisis and dramas is a small victory in my book.

Maybe my expectations are too low, maybe others expect too much. I don't know, but I do know that today it could be much much worse.

• Like 1

she's made miraculous medical recoveries that beg to be studied for the benefit of all mankind....

As she leaves the hospital today, it's evident she's made an incredibly fast recovery in less than a day from

30170956-01_big.jpg

Hopefully, she and her doctors will share with the world medical community the source of her amazing recuperative abilities.

... rolleyes.gif

Wonder Woman.blink.png

30170956-01_big.jpg

... rolleyes.gif

kee-thaak never looked so faabulous.

I think there is a possibility you are all reading this the wrong way, for me these actions by the PM are damaging to the cause so why is it happening

I honestly think there may be a rift between Yingluck and her brother to the extent she has told him - I want nothing to do with this madness, I'm pretty sure she has a mind of her own and not be the Pawn that everyone thinks she is and further she most likely doesn't like the people she's being forced to work with in the cabinet - prime example being Charlerm

Just a thought and possibly not inconceivable

I think there is a possibility you are all reading this the wrong way, for me these actions by the PM are damaging to the cause so why is it happening

I honestly think there may be a rift between Yingluck and her brother to the extent she has told him - I want nothing to do with this madness, I'm pretty sure she has a mind of her own and not be the Pawn that everyone thinks she is and further she most likely doesn't like the people she's being forced to work with in the cabinet - prime example being Charlerm

Not inconceivable, but why would she not pull out an excuse from her repertoire and step down as PM ??

Not inconceivable, but why would she not pull out an excuse from her repertoire and step down as PM ??

That would be very damaging for Thaksins cause - if this bill ever gets through then I think she would step down ASAP and someone like Charlerm would replace her - but at the moment I believe she wants nothing to do with any of this and as PM that in itself doesn't really sit right but is all she is willing to do - I have often thought watching her on TV that she gives the impression of - HTF did I get involved in any of this <deleted> - I want my quiet life back - the family history of the Shinawat's is less than perfectapart from the money