True...Gmm Controvosy And Euro 2012

gennisis

As I understand from various posts True have a duty and right to broadcast 'thai free to air TV',which in practise appears to be channels 3 & 5,as far as football coverage is concerned.

GMM a new entry to the market,have paid EUFA for the rights for Thailand to broadcast EURO games and they pay to use channels 3 & 5.

If this is basicaly correct,then why did GMM pay for these rights when True can broadcast them free.??. If GMM wanted exclusive viewing in Thailand then they should have their own channels and not piggyback on the 3&5 channels.

I am sure its far more complicated than my surmises but it certainly can be classed as yet another feature for AMAZING THAILAND.'AND..more importantly am I going to watch the games on True or not!!

It is all a bit weird isn't it. I read in the BKK Post yesterday that the government have told True they are not allowed to let the screens go blank during the Euros, and there was a possibility they may force GMM to share with True. GMM countered that they would then be infringing on their broadcasting rights with EUFA, so who knows. Tune in at 11pm tonight to find out,

I personally think it will be on True. They did the same thing with the rugby world cup, I know several landlords who forked out for Astro purely for the world cup, only for True to do a U-turn a few days beforehand and show every game live.