The Secrets To Happiness................Not Only In Thailand But Everywhere.

thequietman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This old mans view... I decide what I want in life and from life. After the decision is made (some people can't decide) all it takes is balls.

I decide what I want from life is to consistently hit a long drive with a slight draw from right to left, but sometimes it turns into a snap hook and end up in the drink.......luckily I've got a bag full of balls.thumbsup.gif

Sounds like a good plan.. Better if your balls don't end up in YOUR drink

Better than someone else's balls, Calv

also depends on whether there's ice in your glass.

Personally, I can't imagine a pub where that would be acceptable behaviour anyway

SC

The problem with life is that we are all born with a great disadvantage. That is of not knowing the future or our fate.

If only we could have been given the gift of glimpsing at the right and wrong paths to take so we had the choice ourselves, then we could have ensured our own happiness. Although we do have choices and options up to a point, we are still blind time travellers, not really knowing what’s around the next corner. In fact everything we do in life is a gamble and that’s the way it is.

So actually our happiness is determined by using common sense and mostly by luck and good fortune.

I doubt if anyone can say they are a 100% happy and would have maybe done something’s differently if they had their time again.

If I knew the future I'd be particularly miserable, I think...

The OP has a point though - let go of the things that make you unhappy, and all that will be left will be the things you enjoy. He never suggested giving up hard work, achievement or prosperity. He never suggested giving up charity and service. He never suggested giving up love and support.

I'm fairly sure that given my time again, I'd not remember what I did last time, until after...

"Yes, yes, this all looks familiar. I've taken this wrong turning one time before."

SC

Most of the forbidden actions or feelings listed in the introduction, make me very happy.

I suspect these things actually make most of us, including the OP, happy or comfortable.

The list is more of a Buddhist guide to achieving inner peace and harmony.

For example, there is no mention of the importance of loving relationships with family and friends.

I would recommend that people just do what makes them happy.

With the caveat not to ignore the potential consequences on the future and other people.

.... Sometimes we have to step outside ourselves in able to look inside and find out what really makes us happy. ...

I tried that and while I was outside looking in, same arsehol_e knicked my body and I am NOT AT ALL happy now.

If you are going to try this at home, make sure you lock the body first and take the key with you.

Back on topic; #16: Give up the wallet.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

.... Sometimes we have to step outside ourselves in able to look inside and find out what really makes us happy. ...

I tried that and while I was outside looking in, same arsehol_e knicked my body and I am NOT AT ALL happy now.

If you are going to try this at home, make sure you lock the body first and take the key with you.

So he came back a few hours later, and he said "No, this is too unfit, and the wife doesn't like it , so I'm bringing it back" - oh, the mortification!.

'The revenge of the body-returners'; I hope they never make a film of it....

SC

So he came back a few hours later, and he said "No, this is too unfit, and the wife doesn't like it , so I'm bringing it back" - oh, the mortification!.

SC

No, it wasn't a fitness thing exactly. His wife said the cock was way, WAY too big. Oh... the (self) gratification!

SC

No, it wasn't a fitness thing exactly. His wife said the cock was way, WAY too big. Oh... the (self) gratification!

That's even worse - now you're a wanted man...

Here's my list:

First and most important, decide that you want to be happy - for me I define this mostly as peace of mind, but do try for regular bouts of joy and ecstasy with a minimum of pain and frustration.

Next, try to do the right thing by your moral compass, listen to your conscience and try to avoid doing harm in the world.

Set meaningful goals and strive to achieve them - but don't let your happiness depend on the goal itself, make sure to select paths where the process itself is fulfilling.

It's the hope of success that's important, not the actual achievement of it.

Cultivate strong personal and intimate relationships, obviously family coming first but also close friendships - put in the work required to keep them strong on a very regular basis, try not to let them slip away even as their original context and reasons do.

Don't dwell on past - learn from it, but no regrets, nor wallowing in past good times, try to keep focus on the here and now.

Don't be afraid nor worry about the future, do what you can but there is no real security in life.

• Like 2

"The secrets to happiness"

Being drugged up surely helps.

A reasonable facsimile for many it seems, most of whom are alkies of course.

In the same way that a rented GF may seem a reasonable facsimile for love.

Both fall far short of the real thing IMO, but may in some cases provide a taste for those that haven't had much of either and inspire them to strive for the genuine article.

If you give up everything on the list you are giving up life...you are dead.

Live life for what it is for you personally and enjoy the good times and bad. Life is for living and not giving up on anything it offers. Don't try to analyse it...just get on with it and be happy.

I'm at my most happiest when I am playing guitar in a decent Blues Band.

The music that tells the world how sad I am :)

I believe this theory can be applied to our own lives - one man is happy when he has nothing to do,

whilst the next man may only be happy when he occupies his mind with daily tasks.

• Like 1

of course it is what we do right?..

..I think it makes sense sometimes though, as inevitably we sweat the small stuff and it's consequent frustrations...my wife has never said it...her mantra is "slowly slowly dear ...why you yelling!!!" usually over something stupid like one of the dogs chewed up my wellie or more seriously knocked over my beer...biggrin.png

I'm still convinced 2 gals will bring happiness

I've done 8 at a time, definitely diminishing returns from subsequent additions, at some point they run out of things to do, just end up spelling each other every 40 minutes or so the lazy buggers. . .

Spending every waking hour tapping out totally meaningless posts on an anonymous internet forum where nobody knows you, and nobody cares if you live to see the next day, let alone be interested in your opinion ?

Spending every waking hour tapping out totally meaningless posts on an anonymous internet forum where nobody knows you, and nobody cares if you live to see the next day, let alone be interested in your opinion ?

Works for me! Did you type that just to cheer me up and validate my lifestyle?

Thanks

SC

• Like 2

This old mans view... I decide what I want in life and from life. After the decision is made (some people can't decide) all it takes is balls.

I decide what I want from life is to consistently hit a long drive with a slight draw from right to left, but sometimes it turns into a snap hook and end up in the drink.......luckily I've got a bag full of balls.thumbsup.gif

So, happiness is unlimited Mulligans? Works for me. thumbsup.gif