True Move H Internet Speed Very Low For The Last Few Days

I have a True move H 3 G dongle for my laptop Internet connection and it has been very very slow over the past few days. This is the only site that I can access and is also very slow. Overseas sites just will not connect at all. Is anyone else having the same problem? My connection is usually good using the chrome browser.

I am based on the 'dark side' Na Jomtien area.

Cheers

Same here. It's not even good enough for radio via Livestation which means that the speeds are down to that of Edge.

Not just me then. I tried to do a Thai visa speed test, but even that was too slow to load. Lets hope that they can sort it out.

Is it possible that you've reached the fair-use limit of your plan and that your speed has been reduced, to either 128 Kbps (the fair-use speed limit stated on some TrueMove H websites) or 384 Kbps (the fair-use speed limit stated on other TrueMove H websites)?

Is it possible that you've reached the fair-use limit of your plan and that your speed has been reduced

At this rate to reach the fair-use limit of 3G would take 3 months.

Uhm, that's the idea of fair-use limit. :rolleyes:

My question remains, have you perhaps reached your fair-use limit? If not, then what does TrueMove H say when you contact them and inform them of your problem?

Has anything changed re: location, device, configuration? Are others nearby having similar problems? Are you able to try the device in another location?

Hi Lomatopo,

When I reach the fair policy limit True usually send me a text message through the connecting software to tell me I will be throttled until such and such a date. I have not received any message and also I have been away most of the month, so I doubt that this is the problem. I mentioned earlier that i can not even check the speed test because the connection speed is so low. Normally throttled it's 384 as you said. Now it's even slower than that.

I have not changed any configurations and it's difficult to check in another location at this time.

As Fredlk say we could never reach the limit with this speed. Just fredlk and me at the moment, so I was hoping for more replies.

Is it possible that you've reached the fair-use limit of your plan and that your speed has been reduced

At this rate to reach the fair-use limit of 3G would take 3 months.

Uhm, that's the idea of fair-use limit. rolleyes.gif

My question remains, have you perhaps reached your fair-use limit? If not, then what does TrueMove H say when you contact them and inform them of your problem?

Has anything changed re: location, device, configuration? Are others nearby having similar problems? Are you able to try the device in another location?

Have just paid for a new month, 2 days of use. Have you ever tried asking a provider about a bandwidth problem? Good luck.

Nothing has changed in location, device, configuration .....

Seems to be working fairly normal for a weekend to me. Better speeds during weekdays.

Location is Soi Siam Country Club road, about 1.5 km inland from Sukhumvit...Truemove-H iPhone sim in USB dongle.

Using a download manager (Orbit with 8 concurrent connections) I get around 4 - 5 Mbps. Single thread downloads between 1 and 2 Mbps.

2000916186.png

I do know it's location dependent, friend of mine uses it in a different location, and altough good speed, he gets so many disconnects it renders the stuff almost useless.

As a comparrison, I also have Ais 3G, which is pretty much useless at my location! High ping times along with crappy speeds (slower then what Edge used to be), and just 50 Mb into my 1Gb/month 3G package...

2000928471.png

Just tested again as the above was really very slow, better now but still less then half what True gives me. Also, with AIS I have no increase in speed using a download manager, what usually means their bandwidth is maxed out...

As you can see, the two tests are only 2 minutes apart, so speed is up and down like a yo-yo...

2000931861.png

Also, for AIS, during the weekdays/off peak times better performance...

Thanks for the information Monty. My connection has never been this slow, so I was thinking that something had changed. I guess I will just have to grin and bare it until things speed up during the week. There really is no point in calling True because I never seem to get a logical answer.

I really want to see what happens to the True H speed once they are ordered to transfer all their customers back to CAT.

Sorry infernalman please will you explain what you mean? I have heard nothing about this.

Thanks for the information Monty. My connection has never been this slow, so I was thinking that something had changed. I guess I will just have to grin and bare it until things speed up during the week. There really is no point in calling True because I never seem to get a logical answer.

Are you experiencing the same issue?

I guess the point in calling True is to let them know that they may have a technical issue, of which they may be unaware as no one has complained about it. ;)

I guess the point in calling True is to let them know that they may have a technical issue, of which they may be unaware as no one has complained about it. wink.png

On your recommendation I contacted True who were very helpful. I am on a 5 Gyg limit and I have gone over that, so normal speed should be back in 5 days. I find it hard to believe I have gone over the limit, but there you go.

Thanks for your comments.

I guess the point in calling True is to let them know that they may have a technical issue, of which they may be unaware as no one has complained about it. wink.png

On your recommendation I contacted True who were very helpful. I am on a 5 Gyg limit and I have gone over that, so normal speed should be back in 5 days. I find it hard to believe I have gone over the limit, but there you go.

Thanks for your comments.

I did submit this as a potential reason for your slow speeds in my initial post ( # 4 above ), but you dismissed that is improbable.

Are you able to determine if your speed is throttled to 128 Kbps or 384 Kbps? Perhaps True told you of the exact limit? Were you able to determine why you did not receive the customary text message when reaching your threshold.?

For some reason some people seem uncomfortable with contacting service providers when experiencing problems. I've never understood this reluctance but when people refuse to take this simple, first step I am often uninclined to try and help them. Thanks for taking the initiative and calling. ^ ^

I think a most of the problems around contacting the service providers are caused by language problems and also the thought of being left dangling on the lines until they answer the calls. that been said the operator's English was very good and the call was answered quickly.

I cannot check the actual speed as the test page wont load properly due to the very slow speed, but the operator assured me that I was throttled to 384. It seems to be much slower that that!

I am surprised that I have gone over the limit because I travel outside Thailand frequently and I was away for half the month. No answer on the Sm's notice, but I usually get one warning me of the slower speed.

Note the speed on Thai visa is quite good but other overseas sites eg yahoo and Google are painfully slow.

Again thanks for your input

^ Perhaps the SMS was sent while you were outside the country? Unless you had international roaming enabled, the SIM installed, etc., any SMSes would have been undelivered, and discarded. (SMS is not a guaranteed service.)

^ Perhaps the SMS was sent while you were outside the country? Unless you had international roaming enabled, the SIM installed, etc., any SMSes would have been undelivered, and discarded. (SMS is not a guaranteed service.)

Yes that could quite possibly be the case on this occasion. Anyway slow speeds for the next 5 days unless I buy an extra or 2.

Yes that could quite possibly be the case on this occasion. Anyway slow speeds for the next 5 days unless I buy an extra or 2.

Some service providers, DTAC for example, allow you to move up the re-start, and finish, of an existing plan. So if your plan was currently throttled and due to expire/renew in two days on June 16 they would re-up you as of today, but your plan would expire on July 14. DTAC also have a 3G booster plan, but I am not familiar with the details having just seen this in some forums/marketing literature.

Thanks for the information, but I should be leaving Thailand for a couple of weeks in the near future, so I think that I can manage the remaining time on the slow speed. It's worth considering for the future though.

• 4 weeks later...

I live near Nai Ya Am Chantaburi and I get on average between 1.5 and 2.5 meg download which will allow You Tube streaming and reasonable internet use. However over the last week my speed had dropped dramatically. I have a paid account so fair useage is not an issue. On investigation I found my aircard setting was set for wifi enabled as I had recently travelled to Bangkok. When turned off and then reconnected my download speed was back to previous speeds. Perhaps this may solve problems for some members as the aircard maybe picking up erroneous wifi if set to receive wifi. Check your setting and turn wifi off to use 3G.