Best Sunday Roast Lunch/Dinner In Bkk

yeah...others on the forum have remarked that 'The Huntsman' at the Landmark Hotel have got a good roast dinner but not cheap...but if yer closeby on soi 11 then check it out...never been there meself...I'm more of a 'burger and taco' kinda guy smile.png

Edited by tutsiwarrior

The Huntsman has proved disappointing recently. I am sure that you can find the thread on it. Whilst I am not saying avoid i would recommend popping in early so that if its not up to standard you still have time for other options. In the thread I am referring to the manager did respond to the criticism so hopefully they have got their act together.

I go pretty regularly to The Londoner, good selection and good value at 470 Baht, plus VAT, no service charge.

Gets pretty busy, Thai and Westerners.

Last weekend there was an excellent salad selection, including a poached salmon, and a very tasty soup. The carvery table had beef, lamb, chicken, pork and ham, and a good selection o vegetables.

Good range of desserts and fruit and a good selection of cheese.

We do note that the food is regularly replenished.

There is a happy hour on in house brewed beers and cocktails early evening, I think until 19.00.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Molly Malones, but I need to try the Londoner (based on comments made here and on the other thread about the Huntsman.) I have not been to any other < 500 baht Sunday Roast other than Molly Malones, but the Londoner sounds pretty good.

Tried the Londoner yesterday and was pleased. The selection is better than Molly Malones. The salads were much more extensive, there was Parma ham, salmon, two soups, one more carvery item, and more dessert choices. The beef and lamb were quite good, and the yorkshire pudding was excellent. It was also nice to have free parking, unlike Molly Malones, unless you want to park on the street.

On the other hand, the pork roast is much, much better at Molly Malones, the applesauce was actually edible (I like apples sauce with my pork), and while the dessert offerings are not as extensive, they seem to be of better quality. Drinks are cheaper, too.

I think both are pretty good and worth the money. I intend to go back to both, which one depending on my mood at the time.

• 3 months later...

A bit of an update on Molly Malone's Sunday Roast...

Went there in mid-Sept., when their website was still advertising their Sunday special for 399 baht (as it still is even today), and found that the actual price had been raised again to now 450 baht net. They don't add in a service charge or tax, but we usually would add on some tip.

The nice part is their Sunday roast item includes a choice of several deserts, including a pretty good baked apple crumble with cream sauce, as well as your choice of hot coffee or tea. The last time I was at the Londoner, all the desert offerings were little bits cut into small square cubes.

The bad news re MM's is I remember a time not that long ago when the price was considerably lower and also included one's choice of a glass of red or white wine, which no longer is part of the meal.

That said, the actual meal offerings themselves have remained pretty much unchanged over the past several years as the price has risen markedly. MM's used to be a much better priced option than the Huntsman and Londoner, but now it seems that gap is closing.