PM Meets Flood Committee Before Start Of Upcountry Trip

Lite Beer

PM meets flood committee before start of upcountry trip

image_20120610162134D5B2D028-E5AA-4D6A-032E1C12B643B8B2.jpg

BANGKOK, June 10 - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is due to meet with National Water Resources and Flood Policy Committee (NWFPC) before leaving the capital to inspect progress of flood prevention measures in the provinces.

Sansanee Nakpong, a government spokeswoman, said in a telephone interview that the prime minister will convene a meeting on Monday with the NWFPC before embarking on a four-day trip to eight provinces, covering areas from upstream to downstream.

The four-day flood trail excursion would take her to Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Sing Buri, Chai Nat, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Tak and Chiang Mai.

Ms Yingluck also ordered ministers to inspect provinces and will meet them and governors at the Chao Phraya dam in Chai Nat on June 13, the spokeswoman said.

The trip is aimed at checking readiness in water management to handle potential flooding in the rainy season.

As part of flood prevention measures, real-time information on the water situation has been prepared. Moreover, drills in response to flooding will be conducted, Ms Sansanee said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-06-10

So why doesn't she send a man to check it all out, who can then come back and brief her whilst she displays some leadership during one of the greatest political crisis in years?, Doh! I just woke up, I have been sleep typing again, what a bizarre dream I just had, Yingluck was in the house leading her party, wait a minute, that isn't a dream, that's pure fantasy.

So would anyone like to hazard a guess where she will go week commencing 18th, if they have not done the sensible thing and closed Parliament for a recess.

• Like 2

So why doesn't she send a man to check it all out, who can then come back and brief her whilst she displays some leadership during one of the greatest political crisis in years?, Doh! I just woke up, I have been sleep typing again, what a bizarre dream I just had, Yingluck was in the house leading her party, wait a minute, that isn't a dream, that's pure fantasy.

So would anyone like to hazard a guess where she will go week commencing 18th, if they have not done the sensible thing and closed Parliament for a recess.

Answer is at the end of the third para of the article...... and probably to the high ground thereabouts to keep the family jewels dry.....

The North-Pole to supervise the melting ice?rolleyes.gif

Well, since by all accounts the north and downstream are relatively dry at the moment...why doesn't she go South where peoples' homes are inundated by meters of water?

just askin' as they say...

edit: typo

Edited by noahvail

How much has the PM cost the taxpayer in expenditure to cover her trips. I bet it's a heck of a lot more then those poor buggers got or may get for flood compensation.

The government is like a ship without a captain.

Sansanee Nakpong, a government spokeswoman, said in a telephone interview that the prime minister will convene a meeting on Monday with the NWFPC before embarking on a four-day trip to eight provinces, covering areas from upstream to downstream.

Just wondering if the 'embarking' is figure of speech, or if the PM is indeed going up and down on one of MoSc Plodprasop's boat?

Go south ???w00t.gif

No political mileage in that region for the lady and her family, so no chance of funds being sent that way either.

Remember Thaksins tactics of withholding funds from various areas that didn't vote in one of his M.P.s a few years back ?

Edited by siampolee

Well, since by all accounts the north and downstream are relatively dry at the moment...why doesn't she go South where peoples' homes are inundated by meters of water?

just askin' as they say...

edit: typo

No Reds to speak of down South. The rivers all around our town are up to the limit and ready to burst their banks......again!

She is going to inspect flood prevention measures

Key word being prevention, why would she go south?

Nothing to prevent, they are already flooding? :)

And there is no doubt in my mind, her trip to inspect

will surely be helpful and will help out matters. No doubt

there will be lots of photo ops and great press showing

how great of a job she is doing as PM

She is going to inspect flood prevention measures

Key word being prevention, why would she go south?

Nothing to prevent, they are already flooding? smile.png

And there is no doubt in my mind, her trip to inspect

will surely be helpful and will help out matters. No doubt

there will be lots of photo ops and great press showing

how great of a job she is doing as PM

If she goes south she would be able to see what dosen't work.

Had to laugh at

"The government is like a ship without a captain."

That would be a improvement.