Another New Thai Citizen - Me!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you want to be thai in the 1st place sorry if i upset you,are you not proud of your own country or is it so you can buy land and houses cheaper but to the thais you are still a farang in there eyes and will always be.

Congrats and well done,,wish I could eventually get a piece of that, unfortunately the fact that I work outside LOS means its likely only a pipedream for me,, best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Many congratulations Chief Jusice.

For those interested in the details current practice is for the National Intelligence Agency to interview applicants at McDonalds in Amarin Plaza with no interview at the applicant's office or home, as previously. The same officer has been conducting all these interviews alone for the last three years or so and the venue is for applicants' convenience because the NIA's office is in Ratchadamnoen Road. There may also be a budgetary constraint as the interviews were previously conducted by more than one officer and the fixed venue is obviously cheaper than travelling to homes and/or offices. The practice may change when that officer is reassigned and/or if the budget is increased. Also I am sure that they will come and investigate offices or homes, if they have reason to suspect there is something fishy about the application details.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

Many congratulations Chief Jusice.

For those interested in the details current practice is for the National Intelligence Agency to interview applicants at McDonalds in Amarin Plaza with no interview at the applicant's office or home, as previously. The same officer has been conducting all these interviews alone for the last three years or so and the venue is for applicants' convenience because the NIA's office is in Ratchadamnoen Road. There may also be a budgetary constraint as the interviews were previously conducted by more than one officer and the fixed venue is obviously cheaper than travelling to homes and/or offices. The practice may change when that officer is reassigned and/or if the budget is increased. Also I am sure that they will come and investigate offices or homes, if they have reason to suspect there is something fishy about the application details.

They must have found a new location. My wife's was conducted at KFC at Victory Monument.

They told us they wanted to do it in a relaxing informal atmosphere!

• Like 1

Many congratulations CJ!

Everyone has their own reasons for applying - or not - for Thai Citizenship and you obviously felt it was worthwhile in your particular circumstances and it's no-ones business but your own. Obviously the fact that you retain your original Citizenship too is a factor of course.

I have had PR Status for nearly 40 years but, again for personal reasons, never felt it necessary to take the final step and go for Citizenship.

Now all you have to do is wait 5 years and you can vote for the self-centred autocrat of your choice! tongue.png

Patrick

P.S. Just wondering - did you take a Thai name? I understand this is no longer obligatory.

Patrick

• Like 1

P.S. Just wondering - did you take a Thai name? I understand this is no longer obligatory.

Patrick

I was required to reserve a Thai name as part of the original application but don't plan to use it. I will keep my original name - at least at the beginning. I suppose I could take a Thai name later but I don't really like the idea of having a different name on each of my passports.

Congradulations, but do get over to the Grand Palace and drop that ID card in there lap. My girlfriend really got fired up when I got a senior discount and she didn't get a Thai discount. I would chose the name Somchai Na Nahkon Si Tammarat just for grins. Congradulations again

Edited by moe666
  • Like 1

Having said all of that, however - I cannot wait to rush off to the Grand Palace and get in for free!! tongue.png

I think I would be making a trip to a neighboring country to try out that brand new passport you will soon have.

• Like 1

I think I would be making a trip to a neighboring country to try out that brand new passport you will soon have.

I think that is a splendid idea. Perhaps Laos. I'm very much looking forward to using the new Thai passport for the first time.

Edited by TheChiefJustice

The first thing I did was make a visit to the Emerald Buddha.

Just my luck...no one was watching as I waltzed in via the Thai line!

I was so disappointed that I went out again and re-entered when there was someone paying enough attention to ask to see my credentials! (they were exceedingly friendly and respectful, by the way).

• Like 2

Congradulations, but do get over to the Grand Palace and drop that ID card in there lap. My girlfriend really got fired up when I got a senior discount and she didn't get a Thai discount. I would chose the name Somchai Na Nahkon Si Tammarat just for grins. Congradulations again

I don't see any problem with Somchai but good luck in getting your district office to approve Na Nakhon Si thammarat!

• Like 1