Another New Thai Citizen - Me!

One question about Dual citizenship!

My Country change The Law in The past , and does not allowed to passboards at the same time!

But when I stay in Thailand , and apply for passboard here, maybe the law in my country that not allowed to passboards are not affected?

Iam not sure, about this question!

?

How much someone must invest in Thailand to get a Thai passboard?

Thx for the information!

And congratulations to the new passboard owner!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what your country doesn't know shouldn't hurt them.

My Country change The Law in The past , and does not allowed to passboards at the same time!

But when I stay in Thailand , and apply for passboard here, maybe the law in my country that not allowed to passboards are not affected?

?

Thx for the information!

• 2 weeks later...

?

Thx for the information!

According the Interior Ministry's regulations introduced in 2010 they will inform the embassies of successful applicants that they have been granted Thai citizenship. This is apparently because the ministry wants to be transparent with other countries and doesn't want Thai citizenship to be used to facilitate international crime or evade the law in other countries. In the case of, say, Singaporeans and Malaysians, this letter to embassies would result in automatic revocation of their Singaporean or Malaysian citizenships (unless of course they had very good connections with the ruling power cliques at home). I can't say about your country because you didn't mention which one it is.

why would you want to be thai in the 1st place sorry if i upset you,are you not proud of your own country or is it so you can buy land and houses cheaper but to the thais you are still a farang in there eyes and will always be.

I think you are jealous as you know all of the EU and people from USA want Thai Citizenship.Just think of the benefits he has that we do not. He now can pick rice without a work permit. Something I know you want to do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi TheChiefJustice,

I followed your post and have contacted the SB for Thai nationality application. The police office has given very detailed explanation on the application process and reviewed my document. He was quite confident that I would be successful if I made the application through him. However my house registration is in Banglamung Chonburi and he advised that my application should be submitted through Chonburi police department which may take the process a bit longer. He also advised me that I could move my house registration to Bangkok by this way,I could submit the application through him. My wife has contacted the Banglamung police station and they are not aware if any Thai nationality application though them and just advised us to contact the Pattaya municipal office.

In your post you have not mentioned that you are Bangkok resident or not. I believe that if the Thai nationiality application submission through the Bangkok Special Branch police department should be more smooth and I saw a lot of applications on the police officer's table. However I also worry about moving my house registration could affect my application. I will try to contact the Pattaya municipal and Chonburi police department for further advise. But I would like to know where you submitted your application.

Thank you.

Edited by chiyiuwing

• 8 months later...

Or having a visa application to visit your home country rejected.

I will have dual citizenship so I do not need a visa to visit my home country.

It would be nice to make an application as a Thai and if they refuse then whip out your home country passport biggrin.png

I knew a farang who was being hassled in the US Embassy for additional evidence that he would return to Thailand when he was trying to get a visa in his Thai passport, so he whipped out his other passport that didn't need a visa for the US from his back pocket, hoping that would cut short the BS. But it didn't. They just told him that they couldn't take that into account. If he chose to apply as a Thai, he would have to be treated like any other Thai which actually seems quite fair enough.

Or having a visa application to visit your home country rejected.

I will have dual citizenship so I do not need a visa to visit my home country.

Sorry, comment was actually made tongue in cheek, but I thought that Thailand doesn't allow dual nationality anymore. Wasn't there a big discussion about concerning good ol' Mark.

Yes it was good when Thailand had a British prime minister.

It also had an Oxford educated British finance minister at the same time who won some kind of international finance minister of the year award.

Back in 1996 I needed a visa for the US as it was required for all Australians (who make everyone get a visa to go to OZ) as well and Thai passport holders.

Applying using my Thai PP at the embassy in BKK I was hassled about my returning to Thailand after my trip. I pulled out my OZ passport and medicare card and said 'I get free health insurance, free education and money from my government when I study or am out of work. There is absolutely no desire to stay in your country'. Stamped with a 10 year visa.