Thai Police Entrance Exam Cancelled Over Cheating Scandal

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TIT, an otherwise beautiful and lovely country where holders of state recognised degrees have to pass an entrance exam for a single reason: to line the pockets of those who need it least and deserve only one thing...

Shame on you. I think you will find that entrance exams or selection exams are mandatory in most countries, including the UK, US etc...

TIT, an otherwise beautiful and lovely country where holders of state recognised degrees have to pass an entrance exam for a single reason: to line the pockets of those who need it least and deserve only one thing...

Shame on you. I think you will find that entrance exams or selection exams are mandatory in most countries, including the UK, US etc...

LOL - entrance exams, not to enter university, but to obtain a job as a government officer required in most countries?!

For those that continually slag the Thai's , you should not be here '''''' you all obviously have nothing nice to say about any one.

When you speak , you only voice an opinion and we all know an opinion is like your rear end , we all have one.

I'm an Ozy living here like many other's I respect the police and all those that try to make this country a better place for all. Stop being so negative in your posts 'bad news can travel half round the world before we can get our pants on , your negativity will do nothing but give some people a misguided opinion of this wonderful county and make you look like an uneducated dick.

Don't you ever get lonely sitting up there on Cloud 9 all by yourself? Google for Edmund Burke and educate yourself. You'd be less of a berk for starters.

I remember having to sit an 'examination' so that I could get a driving licence. The standard of Englsih was so poor I had difficulty on deciding what was required of me. There were 25 questions and the 3 times that I tried (different papers every time) I got 22 right, but the pass mark was 23. I remember two questions that had me chuckling. 'Can a monk hold a driving licence' was one; another was, is it permissible to drive a tracked vehicle on the public roads. <deleted>?

I walked out and went for a couple of drinks to assuage my frustration. The following morning I pitched up at opening time and said that I would sit there all day if I had to until I achieved a pass mark or they ran out of paper. The nice young lady monitoring the test assured me that a mistake had been made and that I had in fact passed the previous day. I was then reminded of how lowly civil servants were paid, obviously with intentions of acquiring a back hander. I asked if she took Mastercard or Visa. We had a laugh about that and when I went to collect the licence and hand over the readies I offered 1000 baht note. The change was presented to me fanned out and I left a 500 baht note behind.

Her reaction was to tell me that she lived close by to my house, she was 23 years old, was single and childless and maybe I would like to take her out to dinner. Having immediate thoughts of a bonking session with her wearing her Government uniform I agreed and suggested a date. That prospect was ruined as she watched me through the office window depart the building and walk to our truck holding hands with my wife.

I consoled myself with having evened the score.

I wonder how many policewomen pass the exam by offering inducements other than the folding stuff?

For those that continually slag the Thai's , you should not be here '''''' you all obviously have nothing nice to say about any one.

When you speak , you only voice an opinion and we all know an opinion is like your rear end , we all have one.

I'm an Ozy living here like many other's I respect the police and all those that try to make this country a better place for all. Stop being so negative in your posts 'bad news can travel half round the world before we can get our pants on , your negativity will do nothing but give some people a misguided opinion of this wonderful county and make you look like an uneducated dick.

Are you on drugs! How long have you lived here? Have you never had to pay a fine for something you did not do? Have you never seen the real Thailand. Uneducated! Pot, kettl, black i think.

LOL - entrance exams, not to enter university, but to obtain a job as a government officer required in most countries?!

Oh dear. You must be from a noddy country 555!

Yes!!

Selection exams to become a Police Officer. Get back on the thread or back on your bottle ^^

Oh dear. You must be from a noddy country 555!

Yes!!

Selection exams to become a Police Officer. Get back on the thread or back on your bottle ^^

You're right,exams for police officer in any western country................But I always heard that the questions are in the line of,I have 2 balls and throw away one..........how many balls I have now.

I know for a fact that these devices have been in use for many, many years, not only for police entrance exams, also for other civil servant exams. My ex-wife and others were offered them many years ago. Nothing new under the sun.

they were in another police exam cheating scandal oh. 4 or 6 or 8 years ago. And so it goes

I concur with the earlier post which mentioned the exam for the drivers license. The impression I got, was the examiners were trying hard to make the questions and answers as hard as possible, and the English language version was not clear. Many questions had 3 out of four correct answers, so the exam taker had to essentially guess which answer was slightly more correct than the others. Maybe the police exam is too tricky for its purpose, and that's why so many boys felt compelled to cheat. I'm not trying to make excuses for fraud, but.....

An example of a tricky type question: A man wants to buy a red shirt, which label should he pick? the label which says:

A. pig's blood color

b. burgundy

c. rouge

d. crimson

e. same color as Thailands' rioters' shirts of 2009 and 2010