Potting Composts In White Bags

Was just wondering if anyone knows what the differences are in the different potting composts and soils available in Thailand. They are usually sold in white 'plastic' bags, are all around the same size, and all have Thai writing on the front.

I can't tell one from another, and don't read Thai well enough to know what is what, and which is which. LOL

I just tried a different one (the guy at the flower market said it was the best) but all it seemed to contain was rice husk, nut shells, twigs and other 'bits'... and some dark, sandy feeling 'soil'. I don't know if this really is considered good or not (I guess it's good for drainage?) But it doesn't look potting compost to me. And even less like the 'good' ones that I used to buy in the UK.

Do you have a preference (with the Thai or a photo is possible)?

Do you know what the differenes are?

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Hello SundayAfternoon, I think that most potting mixes are local,

the 2 I use are from Pak Chong, the bag on the R is what I use for

veg transplanting mix, sometimes mixed coir/chard rice hulls(small

bag) and rice hulls.

The white bag in the center is for plants/trees, non food growing.

Again, the bag of shit speak's for it selfThese are more of planting

mixes than "composts" because you still see what in the mix, unlike

something thats been composted.

rice555

shit B.20. white bag 4-5 for B.100. )R/H)plastic bag 8 for B.100.

CRH B.10.

post-37242-0-06913300-1339570589_thumb.j

Before I had my own supply of compost I tried many different bags and have to say that I did not find one that I was satisfied with.

I haven't tried any for at least 4 years now, so hopefully they may have improved.

Thanks for that Rice555.

I think I've had the center one, once, and I used it for my houseplants.

As you said,

''These are more of planting mixes than "composts" because you still see what in the mix, unlike something thats been composted.''

That's exactly true. This one I've got now seems to hardly contain any 'soil' so to speak, and nothing composted. It's mainly just bits of stuff - contents of hoover bag? sidewalk sweepings? hulls, shells and husks...?

Oh well, my new herb seedlings with either love it or hate it, I guess. I've mixed in some dried cow manure (same as your bag on the left) and I will be fertilizing them with worm tea and fish emulsion, and hope for the best.

The cow manure though, is that composted, or just dried in the sun? And is it too strong to add into a container with the above potting 'mix'? Should I do anything to it?

Thanks.