90 Day Reporting - Comments And Experiences

Tywais

Heads up: My friend went to do 90 day check in today and was told that cue #'s are now required and must be picked up at 8am. They now serve only a limited number of people a day. Seems we can no longer just show up. A once 10 minute process looks like it could take all day now.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heads up: My friend went to do 90 day check in today and was told that cue #'s are now required and must be picked up at 8am. They now serve only a limited number of people a day. Seems we can no longer just show up. A once 10 minute process looks like it could take all day now.

Hope that is a communication error as it makes no sense regarding the limited number. Every time I've gone there were either no one at the 90 day window or only a hand full. I suspect it was for extensions or other services. Hope this is clarified as I have to do mine next week. wink.png

Hope that is a communication error as it makes no sense regarding the limited number. Every time I've gone there were either no one at the 90 day window or only a hand full. I suspect it was for extensions or other services. Hope this is clarified as I have to do mine next week. wink.png

I wonder if perhaps due to crowds they can no longer afford a 90 day only window?

As I mentioned in another topic there is a change of policy again. Come befoere 8 and get a number, around 200 are divided and from 8.00h on one can get the real desk number.

Didn't realise it was for the 90 day report also because last tuesday I entered at eleven and became a cue number but wednesday everything could have changed. I noticed an older woman who arrived short after 8.30 h and she was told to come back next day at 8.00. (7.30 h is better)

I wonder if perhaps due to crowds they can no longer afford a 90 day only window?

This sounds a possibility, maybe too far behind with other things.

Streamlining the 90 day report might make sense instead of showing up anytime

I mean tickle my tits til Xmas, SOMEONE there must have an idea how to organise things!.........good job it's not a brewery. wink.png

A friend of mine went at the previously reliable 3pm for a 90 day report on Thursday and was turned away, told to go back Friday am. Went back about 1.45pm today, was a few people behind the last to get a ticket for 90 days.

I'm not paying an agency because I shouldn't have to. I go during work time, my boss might get a little annoyed if I need to spend all day there every three months. See how that turns out.

A friend of mine went at the previously reliable 3pm for a 90 day report on Thursday and was turned away, told to go back Friday am. Went back about 1.45pm today, was a few people behind the last to get a ticket for 90 days.

I'm not paying an agency because I shouldn't have to. I go during work time, my boss might get a little annoyed if I need to spend all day there every three months. See how that turns out.

You shouldn't need to pay an agency it's a personal choice.

If I was in your situation I'd just go with the flow.

Are you saying you have to report every 90 days for a work visa also? I thought ot was us retirees that had that honor.whistling.gif

I didn't know that work permits were treated the same every 90 days. One would think your boss would understand that.

Edited by hellodolly

Are you saying you have to report every 90 days for a work visa also? I thought ot was us retirees that had that honor.whistling.gif

I didn't know that work permits were treated the same every 90 days. One would think your boss would understand that.

Anyone who is in Thailand continuously for more than 90 days have to report. That includes those on annual work/marriage/retirement extensions. I'd be happy if us workers were excluded. biggrin.png

The best solution is to be able to e-mail your report and 2nd is to create a new, separate, online queue for 90 days. Another solution is to actually make use of the bar code and put a machine up. Just go up to it, have it scan the bar code then print out the receipt. Of course it would also need a CC/ATM/Cash slot to pay your 2000 Baht for being late. wink.png

I'm not paying an agency because I shouldn't have to.

Hear, hear.

The fact that one can pay someone else to go to immigration, makes it pretty obvious that the 90 day report does not do what it is supposed to do and does not have have any real value for anyone other than the agencies making a profit from it. It is the reason that Immigration is packed to the rafters every single day - a huge drain on the system that accomplishes pretty much nothing.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

The fact that one can pay someone else to go to immigration, makes it pretty obvious that the 90 day report does not do what it is supposed to do and does not have have any real value for anyone other than the agencies making a profit from it. It is the reason that Immigration is packed to the rafters every single day - a huge drain on the system that accomplishes pretty much nothing.

I agree that the 90 day report is silly at best & the fact that

someone can do it for you paid or not (because anyone can do it for you) is proof of that.

Edited by mania

just a little snippet on the 90 days,a delegation from the british chamber of commerce,had a face to face with immigration commissioner,pharnu kerdlarpphon.early this year,and raised the 90 day reporting,answer from immigration was,this requirement will not be abolished for security reasons,but there is a an on- line reporting mechanism.??????

Waiting around the Immigration office for hours 5 times a year is not my idea of "paradise".

I thought you had to leave the country and come back every 90 days for a business visa. Retired people don't have a staff

But "Staff" impresses me.

just a little snippet on the 90 days,a delegation from the british chamber of commerce,had a face to face with immigration commissioner,pharnu kerdlarpphon.early this year,and raised the 90 day reporting,answer from immigration was,this requirement will not be abolished for security reasons,but there is a an on- line reporting mechanism.??????

This argument for 'security reasons' is nonsence.

The authorities have an address for an individual....do they ever check it?

Why not ,after making and registering your address,can they simply make any address change compulsary,and subject to a large...say 20,000 baht if not complied with.

That way the address is likely to be accurate and checkable. and the need for 90 day reports obsolete.,

• Like 1

gennisis, on 06 Apr 2013 - 15:55, said:

true blue, on 06 Apr 2013 - 11:14, said:

This argument for 'security reasons' is nonsence.

The authorities have an address for an individual....do they ever check it?

Why not ,after making and registering your address,can they simply make any address change compulsary,and subject to a large...say 20,000 baht if not complied with.

That way the address is likely to be accurate and checkable. and the need for 90 day reports obsolete.,

well thats what the boss said.doesnt make sense i no because neither immigration or farang,get diddly squat out of the exercise,i think there just having a laugh with us.

Did the Immigration Commissioner keep a straight face when he made this public statement? The commissioners statement shows that even he doesn't know why they are enforcing the 90 day report requirement.

As I mentioned in another topic there is a change of policy again. Come befoere 8 and get a number, around 200 are divided and from 8.00h on one can get the real desk number.

Didn't realise it was for the 90 day report also because last tuesday I entered at eleven and became a cue number but wednesday everything could have changed. I noticed an older woman who arrived short after 8.30 h and she was told to come back next day at 8.00. (7.30 h is better)

So this will FORCE all out of town expats to spend AT LEAST one night in Chiang Mai. ... or in my case I'd need to depart my home somewhere around 3 or 4 AM and hope that my songtail connections into the city got me to immigration early enough for same day processing.

Any advice for medical exemptions to this? Overnight travel involves carting sleep apnea equipment that has already suffered in earlier trips. Bust that and I've caused a great deal of hardship for my self and family. ermm.gif

Hope that is a communication error as it makes no sense regarding the limited number. Every time I've gone there were either no one at the 90 day window or only a hand full. I suspect it was for extensions or other services. Hope this is clarified as I have to do mine next week. ;)

So this will FORCE all out of town expats to spend AT LEAST one night in Chiang Mai. ... or in my case I'd need to depart my home somewhere around 3 or 4 AM and hope that my songtail connections into the city got me to immigration early enough for same day processing.

Any advice for medical exemptions to this? Overnight travel involves carting sleep apnea equipment that has already suffered in earlier trips. Bust that and I've caused a great deal of hardship for my self and family. :ermm:

You can appoint anybody to make a 90 day report for you,paid or otherwise.

• Like 1

I just signed up with Assist Thai Visa to do it as I don't need the stress nor the uncertainty as to how much work I have to take off to get it done. I spent a fraction of the time getting there, parking and doing the paperwork as I would have at immigration. So thanks to those who suggested this service.

Been with them about 7 months now & no problems.

I think you will like it as it is stress free

& no unknown time need be dedicated to the 90 day process.

Edited by mania

I just signed up with Assist Thai Visa to do it as I don't need the stress nor the uncertainty as to how much work I have to take off to get it done. I spent a fraction of the time getting there, parking and doing the paperwork as I would have at immigration. So thanks to those who suggested this service.

Yes, tempting, isn't it? My 90 day check took about 3 hours yesterday.

My 90 day check yesterday afternoon took 45 minutes but that was because I showed up at 1 pm, some of the staff had already taken off for Songkran, the single substitute "signer" working the 90 days came back from lunch late, and the minions helping took until 1:30 to start cranking them out.

Way fewer people there from 1 to 1:45 pm than I expected before a long major holiday.

My wife and I also did the 90 day report yesterday. We got there 12:55PM and got tickets at 1PM. A number of people came in with ticket numbers they got before lunch but we still were out by 1:30PM. It was not as fast as the one 3 months ago, when we walked up to counter 2 at 1PM and were seen right away without a ticket.

Been with them about 7 months now & no problems.

I think you will like it as it is stress free

& no unknown time need be dedicated to the 90 day process.

Agree, only having to think about immigration just once a year and that is via appointment, is almost like not dealing with immigration at all........very nice. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Arrived at Chiang Mai Immigration today (17 April) for 90 Day report, at 01:35pm. I actually planned to come later, but the shop I was going to visit first was still closed for Songkran. I went to the counter and received the handwritten number 613, I drank an iced cappuccino, watched the blonde lady who showed up in the see-through sundress, read my book, and was finished by 2:30p. All in all, not a bad experience.

Arrived at Chiang Mai Immigration today (17 April) for 90 Day report, at 01:35pm. I actually planned to come later, but the shop I was going to visit first was still closed for Songkran. I went to the counter and received the handwritten number 613, I drank an iced cappuccino, watched the blonde lady who showed up in the see-through sundress, read my book, and was finished by 2:30p. All in all, not a bad experience.

Careful now, a bit too positive and whinge free for many.All those that signed up to have it done for them will want to DIT again.

1508595.GIF

• Like 2

How much do they charge?

How much do they charge?

1000 baht per year