What Did You Do Today In Thailand

1BADDAT

This morning I got up and put on my favorite jeans 3/4 length from BBA jeans company. Then I changed the ching chooks toilet. I have them toilet trained and went to the delat knot it's a temporary market on a particular day of the week. The Saturday one carries a bit of everything including Rolex fakes and lady fakes and fake everything actually. It's fun because all the ladies of the night interact with the ladies of the morning and afternoon and of course me. It is exciting because it is one of the few times where my two worlds cross or clash depending on what happens. Today none of the ladies of the night grabbed me within eyesight or hearing of the ladies of the morning and afternoon. I didn't buy anything. I was looking for new underwear for my teddy bear. Blue stopped and we went to see the new house he is building by the ocean. Nice house, big by my standards but Blue is a big guy.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I got up and put on my favorite jeans 3/4 length from BBA jeans company. Then I changed the ching chooks toilet. I have them toilet trained and went to the delat knot it's a temporary market on a particular day of the week. The Saturday one carries a bit of everything including Rolex fakes and lady fakes and fake everything actually. It's fun because all the ladies of the night interact with the ladies of the morning and afternoon and of course me. It is exciting because it is one of the few times where my two worlds cross or clash depending on what happens. Today none of the ladies of the night grabbed me within eyesight or hearing of the ladies of the morning and afternoon. I didn't buy anything. I was looking for new underwear for my teddy bear. Blue stopped and we went to see the new house he is building by the ocean. Nice house, big by my standards but Blue is a big guy.

Sounds like a crazy day

Got up, had two double strong coffees, cleaned my outdoor kitchen (it's on the balcony), had brekky, read online newspapers from home, laughed at a 26 year old from BKK on Thaifriendly who is looking for true love and who thinks I'm a really hansum man, played a little World of Warcraft (I have no idea what I'm doing there) online, showered/shaved, worked on my Thai language lessons homework, tried to get a date with a very cool 40 year old prof from Majeo University here in Chiang Mai – maybe next week she says, cleaned the rest of my apartment then off to the grocery to get some...um...groceries. The rest of the day hasn't arrived yet but, the plans so far are, get a hair cut, find a local travel agent who can get me a tourist visa for Laos before I get on the plane next month, travel across town to the Big “C” grocery store to get some frozen hamburger patties, then home for a nap and later a BBQ'ed burger. Then head downtown to visit my falang friends, sit out front a local convenience store (a Brit and his drop-dead gorgeous Thai wife own it) on a side soi drinking beer at retail store prices (50 baht for a large Leo) for a while, then off to the night market area to a local blues bar who have a surprisingly good crowd of falang musicians from all over the world sit in on jam nights, then back down to the party street and hang out with some buddies at a bar owned by this Canadian guy, shoot some pool and talk about how good we have it here, next it's off to small bar compound (about a dozen or so bars) to catch some reggae, watch the silly youngster falangs make fools of themselves, and make some noise myself (I will probably have a pretty good snoot full by this time). After getting thrown out of there I'll wander up to the little jazz place that's not too far from where I live, have a night cap and then have no idea how I got home. Oh yeah, the security guy at the front door of my building will be really nice and laugh at me because I can't find my keys again. Kind of a typical Saturday in Thailand for me. Forgot to mention – I'm 63.

BTW - you will find, after you've been around TV for awhile, a large quantity of the responses you get will have nothing to do with your post, you'll even get flamed once in a while for no discernible reason. Just get used to it, let them slide off your back and stay with the helpful ones, there is a lot of good stuff here. Have a great one.

Thanks for your post. Very entertaining indeed! And I am trying to be tolerant of people who dont post anything of relevence to the thread. Although I am pretty happy with the amount of relavent posts so far. Wasnt very optomistic after reading the first inital response though....

I am visiting Thailand on vacation because I will most likely be going there on assignment there for a year for work. This is my trip to check out the area and visit our location there. So although I am not an expat yet, it is likely that I will be in a year.

Aha! So you were not totally honest in your answers on the first page! That means you will not only fit on easily on TV Forum, Thailand's most disingenuous expatriate forum, but will equally easily slip into the acquiescent, conforming, non-challenging workplace here.

So NOW you can be more specific about your possible location and see if all these farang hayseeds that get up early to variously exercise, go to market, walk in the 'jungle', post interminable claptrap on the internet, etc., have any real bearing on what you see your future life in LOS as looking like.

Could be worse mind you; could be like our bendix, if not online here being pontifically prolific, then always jetting about the region, making winning corporate decisions and keeping his creaking joints supple with all the self-congratulatory pats on the back.

I tell you what I don't do anymore Nan ... wank.

Kind of like opening up a coal importing shop in Newcastle.

Yesterday in Thailand I went to the office and checked my emails. I had a coffee with a lawyer, and met one of my team for her performance appraisal. I then wrote a business proposal to the Thai operations of an oil company who wants a law firm relationship. It was submitted at 2pm. I then jumped in a cab to the airport for my flight to HK, where I am now.

And where, this morning, we heard we have been appointed. I am completely brilliant.

So . . a typical work day, irregardless of whether it's Bkk, London, HK, Singapore or wherever.

There is a delicious irony in posters attempting to boost their competence in the eyes of their peers, yet only serving to illustrate their incompetence in the process.

Hmmm..now should that be “disincompetence”? ...no, maybe “irrincompetence”, how about “unincompetence”.

I know, I’ll ask the washing machine repair man! biggrin.png

Nice post, except for one key point.

You're not my peer.

• Like 1

Yesterday, got up and had two coffees and a cheese and ham toasted sandwich from my girlfriend's shop (we live above it).

Headed off out in the car for a car wash, 180B inside and out and underneath as well. Best car wash place I've ever been to, exceptionally thorough though it does take an hour. Spent the hour on their free computer studying Northern Thai.

Stopped off at an IT mall to pick up a wireless repeater to enable me to use the shop's wifi on the third floor. Spent the afternoon getting it, all computers and all mobiles to interact with each other. Girlfriend sorted out a lunch of noodle soup in between.

Evening headed out to a local bar/restaurant run by an Issan woman and her British husband, ate Som Tam, Laab and a pot of Moo Joom with sticky rice.

Today, I'm making pizza this afternoon having spent the morning fixing bits and bobs on my bicycle. I could have taken it to someone to do for me, but then I'd have been bored. Pizza will be eaten by the girlfriend's nephews, who are coming around with the mother, sister and brother. I might have to make my excuses.

Tonight I'm going out to the same place to watch the football tonight. Will be a late one.