Aussie Woman Jailed For False Sexual Assault Report In Phuket

webfact

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard her story? Girls don't usually run around claiming rape.

From the looks of her she will get plenty of action in jail.

Thai's have a funny way of flipping the truth.

Once, I had a gun pulled on me, I though it on the roof. Then contacted the Tourist Police.

They told me everyone in the bar claimed I stole my friends credit card and they just where trying to get it back. Of coarse no sign of the gun.

The police said if I made a report I could go to jail for false accusations. I was out numbered, so I quietly went on about my business.

Has anyone heard this girls story, or just reacted to the headline?

well done to thai police for doing this.shame the western world do not do the same.she lied got other people in trouble.throw the book at her and let her enjoy the bangkok hilton for a few years to think about what she done

Yesserno. x 3 for three guys lives ruined, & times three for wilful malicious & false.

90 years, she won't do it again.

Well on the one hand its a fair punishment for filing false report, but on the other hand being Thailand and all, it may prevent other (perhaps genuine victims) women making reports

Uh Uh. Fair punishment would be the same as the accused would receive. x 3 for punitive, wilful & malicious, x 3 for three of them.

"Two senior officials from the Australian embassy in Bangkok flew to Phuket on Friday to be with her in court."

Well I hope they also throw the book at her when she is back in Australia and redeem back substantial expenses... primarily tax payers money!

"...police say Bamford admitted making up the story because she was afraid her boyfriend would be angry about her staying out late."

It's a tad extreme isn't it. What else is she willing to cry rape over? Can't have sex tonight honey, still hurting from today's rape. Sorry I didn't get any milk, was busy getting gang raped.

He did say this. refering to the word "TOURISTS" It does sort of imply that if a tourist reports a crime then they are lying.

"It is sad that tourists have to lie about this sort of thing" Col Sermphan said.

I think you'll find it "sort of" doesn't imply that if a tourist reports a crime then they are lying!!

In no way shape or form is that statement saying that "all tourists are liars" and that "He won't take any tourists seriously" as the poster suggested. even if it was slightly grammatically incorrect, which I don't believe it is, then it would obviously be down to him being Thai and not speaking perfect English anyway.

He has used the word "tourists" plural, but it is obvious he is referring to the girl in this particular incident or even her and others that may have done it before, but by no stretch of the imagination is he saying "all tourists" and that he won't believe any tourists ever again.

I find it bemusing how on a thread where a backward chimpanzee could appreciate the person has done something heinous and unforgivable, that all some people are desperate to do is make anti Thai people/Thailand comments.

I get it when they jump all over threads where Thai people are guilty of something, it makes their day I'm sure, but to be so desperate to slag Thais off that they twist a story about a Farang wrongly accusing people of rape to one about a Colonel saying that all tourists are liars and he will never believe any of them if they report a crime is desperate and pathetic to say the least bah.gif

He did not say it was sad that this girl had to lie, he said tourists which is those people visiting the country. I am not bashing Thais, just simply saying from what he said is that he implies that tourists are liars and not just this girl. That comment doesn't look good to tourists. The words are there.

Again not attacking Thais just commenting on what I read.

He did not say it was sad that this girl had to lie, he said tourists which is those people visiting the country. I am not bashing Thais, just simply saying from what he said is that he implies that tourists are liars and not just this girl. That comment doesn't look good to tourists. The words are there.

I guess we all read things the way we want to read them.

• Like 2

He did say this. refering to the word "TOURISTS" It does sort of imply that if a tourist reports a crime then they are lying.

"It is sad that tourists have to lie about this sort of thing" Col Sermphan said.

I think you'll find it "sort of" doesn't imply that if a tourist reports a crime then they are lying!!

In no way shape or form is that statement saying that "all tourists are liars" and that "He won't take any tourists seriously" as the poster suggested. even if it was slightly grammatically incorrect, which I don't believe it is, then it would obviously be down to him being Thai and not speaking perfect English anyway.

He has used the word "tourists" plural, but it is obvious he is referring to the girl in this particular incident or even her and others that may have done it before, but by no stretch of the imagination is he saying "all tourists" and that he won't believe any tourists ever again.

I find it bemusing how on a thread where a backward chimpanzee could appreciate the person has done something heinous and unforgivable, that all some people are desperate to do is make anti Thai people/Thailand comments.

I get it when they jump all over threads where Thai people are guilty of something, it makes their day I'm sure, but to be so desperate to slag Thais off that they twist a story about a Farang wrongly accusing people of rape to one about a Colonel saying that all tourists are liars and he will never believe any of them if they report a crime is desperate and pathetic to say the least bah.gif

it still doesn't say "ALL" tourists nor does it necessarily imply "ALL" tourists - although I can see where one could tenuously or even pedantically shoehorn some sort of ambiguity in.

if I said, its sad that Thai girls have to sell their bodies to support their family, would you assume I meant all Thai girls? I suppose there are some on here that might.

perhaps he should have said: its sad when; instead but I think most people understood he doesn't suggest all tourists lie and it may be the way you're choosing to read it

Accusing 3 men of rape is not a small deal. Should have been given 15 months and let the word spread back home.

or an up to 2000THB fine? wouldnt that be generally just in line with the thai punishments??

(like hit 2 without driving licence and run, up to 4000THB fine?)

(cheat/technically lie on police entry exam, no prosecution, no fine!)

• Like 1

if I said, its sad that Thai girls have to sell their bodies to support their family, would you assume I meant all Thai girls? I suppose there are some on here that might.

Exactly right and perfect example of how using the plural doesn't mean that you are talking about everybody.

Thai bashing is extremely prevalent on this forum as we all know, but it gets a bit tedious when it's shoe horned in to every thread especially when the negative attention should quite clearly be on a farang.

Accusing 3 men of rape is not a small deal. Should have been given 15 months and let the word spread back home.

or an up to 2000THB fine? wouldnt that be generally just in line with the thai punishments??

(like hit 2 without driving licence and run, up to 4000THB fine?)

(cheat/technically lie on police entry exam, no prosecution, no fine!)

No consistency in penalties here - steal gazillions & start the Asian financial crisis, get ten years, steal 34,000 baht from employer, get 100 years (but reduced to 50! ;-)

Would have better for all for her to have entered on her Brit passport

Why? and how u know she had a Brit passport?

Please use my full quote which IIRC or similar was " Would have better for all concerned for her not to have entered at all or on her Brit passport "

1. It would have passed the buck to the Brit Embassy instead of Larry Cunningham the overworked Aus. Hon. Consul. whose got enough on his plate dealing with real Aussie Bogans with real Aussie names.

2. Was reported on another site we can't mention but I have no reason to doubt the fact. If you like I'll give Larry a call to find out for sure. PM me if you like if it's so important to you.

As was also reported somewhere else.

" will have Bamford deported after she completes her sentence at Bang Jo detention centre, in a rural part of eastern Phuket where fruit and vegetables for Phuket Prison inmates are grown."

My reply would have been.

Should have done 15 months, not days, in the " Big House " Phuket Prison, subject to the attention to some of the inmates who "really like" other females, existing solely on a diet of rape and the produce from Bang Jo, would have died from starvation. That would have been more appropriate.

Edited by sportsman69

Hey, here's the article, name, photo, and all. Just a dumb 21 year old bogan girl who thought she could get away with blaming "evil foreigners"

http://www.smh.com.a...0616-20gq7.html

Top Crumpet, an apt name for this topic. Hey Yea.

Just had a look at the link. Could leave her shoes under my bed anytime..............but...............Now thinking with the big head, would it be worth the risk. Nah Nah.......Eastern Suburbs is a subtle clue

15 days seems a very lenient sentence for such a serious false accusation against 3 Thai men.

The crime of rape is sometimes very hard to prove but in a case where a woman "beyond all reasonable doubt" makes a false allegation of rape she should receive the same sentence as the men she has falsely accuses would have got plus pay substantial damages to the accused if she has named or identified them.

Right on the money!

"Two senior officials from the Australian embassy in Bangkok flew to Phuket on Friday to be with her in court."

Well I hope they also throw the book at her when she is back in Australia and redeem back substantial expenses... primarily tax payers money!

Why do they have to fly to help her?? nice day out or something?

Hey, here's the article, name, photo, and all. Just a dumb 21 year old bogan girl who thought she could get away with blaming "evil foreigners"

Just had a look at the link. Could leave her shoes under my bed anytime..............but...............Now thinking with the big head, would it be worth the risk. Nah Nah.......Eastern Suburbs is a subtle clue

she deactivated her facebook account..

but not her twitter nor photobucket account

and her facebook activity on statusbin is still in google cache

these are the worst type of girls.. and it doesn't surprise me she cheated on her boyfriend

nor made up this horrible lie

Is this what you mean by eastern suburbs aussie in Thailand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VK9h3vbjHKw

Is this what you mean by eastern suburbs aussie in Thailand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VK9h3vbjHKw

Georgia: "Australians are the nicest people, but you can only understand about half of what they say."

'My Life in Ruins' (2009)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0865559/

Edited by gand

What makes you think she wasn't raped? Just because the coppers say so?

http://www.humanrigh...als/UA-170-2004

For starters that is from 2004 so bears no relevance on the situation.

I believe she admitted her guilt !

"

But after investigating the woman's claims for almost a week, police discovered CCTV footage showing her going back to her hotel on the back of a motorbike taxi, not in a tuktuk. When shown the footage on Thursday night, police say Bamford admitted making up the story because she was afraid her boyfriend would be angry about her staying out late."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/sydney-tourist-jailed-for-false-rape-claim-20120616-20gq7.html

15 days seems a very lenient sentence for such a serious false accusation against 3 Thai men.

The 3 men did not exist.

That's a very good point. At least I failed to realize this even after reading this thread.