Which Is Your Favorite Mall Food Court?

cathy211

Siam Paragon. Excellent selection of cheap but quality Thai food. Giant fish tanks to look at while you eat. A bunch of reasonably priced small restaurants with international food. Great grocery store with sandwiches, salad, and soup. MOS Burger.

• Like 1

how many mall foodcourts can one be familiar with? I only have one at the Suphanburi tescos with a number of food stalls and a KFC...and between 11 am and 2 pm I can get a beer and mind my own business...and there are lots of pretty school girls to admire and older women too!

and then the kids come up in an unruly mob and we have some kwiteo but there are plenty of nieces around to maintain order but then they come up with a ridiculous item and declare: 'if you don't buy this for me uncle tutsi then I shall never speak to you again' crazy teenagers...I'm just wanting to have burgers and tacos available but no one understands...

Terminal 21 (at BTS Asok and MRT Sukumvit) has a large court choice plus the plethora of surrounding food outlets. The food court prices are remarkably cheap...unusually cheap even for a food court and especially for such a classy building. Mango and sticky rice at Bht35...MBK more than double that. Check out the themed toilets and cleaning lady uniforms on each floor.

+1 for Terminal 21. Prices are... normal street prices. The 25-40 range, and for a regular sized portion. Very surprising indeed.

Emporium still has a good food court, usually visited by the working Thai crowd and so servings are good and so-so prices.

Paragon's ridiculously overpriced and undersized options are terrible. DP25, I don't know why funny fish make the eating experience more enjoyable, and the grocery store isn't exactly part of the food court....

MBK is alright, though trending towards higher prices, now that the tourists are discovering it, when historically it was one of those weird Thai-only anomalies in the massive tourist bubble.

Tesco Lotuses seem to be pretty hit and miss, depending on the area and the crowd that frequents it. Here in Charan Sanitwong it's always empty and the food quality and care reflects that.

Fortune Town is alright but perpetually busy and crowded, and not in a good way.

Paragon's ridiculously overpriced and undersized options are terrible. DP25, I don't know why funny fish make the eating experience more enjoyable, and the grocery store isn't exactly part of the food court....

I haven't eaten in the Paragon food court for about a year, but I remember it being cheap and a lot of dishes not that much more than street food. Maybe its different now or I misremember, but I'm pretty price conscious and I don't remember ever having a problem with their prices. They had guaytieow kaek last time I was there which is a hard to find favorite of mine as well. I include the grocery store because I like to get a sandwich and a cup of soup and eat at one of the tables, so it's basically just another stall for me. And I enjoy watching the fish while I eat, so it's a plus for me. Better than staring at nothing like most food courts.

MBK used to be brilliant but a few years back they 're-branded' it or something and made it all fancy-smancy and it's not the same. Used to have a wide variety of dishes and khao gairng but now it looks like it could be from anywhere really

• Like 1

I like the international one at MBK. Plenty of variety and it's quiet. I don't mind that it costs more.
Paragon and especially MBK much too noisy.

Good is Terminal 21. Nice sitting at the window too.

It might be important to note that MBK has TWO food courts - a western/international one on the 5th floor that's highly advertised and is generally more expensive and quieter, and a more hidden 6th floor Thai-style food court that's often a rampage of Thai eating frenzy, with surprisingly very few tourists.

I like the international one at MBK. Plenty of variety and it's quiet. I don't mind that it costs more.
Paragon and especially MBK much too noisy.

Good is Terminal 21. Nice sitting at the window too.

It might be important to note that MBK has TWO food courts - a western/international one on the 5th floor that's highly advertised and is generally more expensive and quieter, and a more hidden 6th floor Thai-style food court that's often a rampage of Thai eating frenzy, with surprisingly very few tourists.

I meant the Thai food court on 6th floor. Was better in the past but now the t-shirt shops pushing in and the noise levels are almost airplane engine.

The farang court is better, but prices are similar to farang restaurants, which I'd prefer.

I usually get the driver to take me to the Marriot for the lobster buffet or over to the Sheraton. The buffet is excellent and your can be assured the food is fresh. The food courts you mentioned are noisy and cheap, although it seems there is a market for this arena.

wai.gif

Edited by steven100

• 4 months later...