From Village Girl To .........

pattayadingo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has been initiated,nothing new and out of the ordinary in Pattaya.

She will be able to keep you in another six months! or will be in Norway married with a big game plan.

• Like 1

The story you write OP has probably been used by many a Thai girl when they think they have a chance of netting a farang with different twists to each tale told, maybe it's not the case in your tale about J or maybe it is with the help of her aunt and freinds telling her what to say.

But I would say that Pattaya has really changed over the years and girls are getting very clever at their story telling tecniques, maybe some ones set up a school to teach the new arrivals on how to net and earn an income from farang.

Only thing I try to do is not tar em all with the same brush, and not sterotype em but when a place like Pattaya has the image it has then sometimes it's hard for some people not to think that their just out to con them.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by MB1
  • Like 2

I'm shocked you think it's worthy of comment PD, she must have meant something to you.

Pattaya is a trap, most village girls turn up either oblivious or naïve. Even if their friends told them that 'come here, sleep with farang, make big money', it wouldn't have a clue about the casual brutality of the place.

That documentary thread, Girlfriend For Sale,see youtube, that re-emerged here a couple of months ago covered it well, with the single mother asking how much more difficult can it be to sleep with a farang, as she had had Thai boyfriends before. She didn't last long when she saw the reality.

Bit by bit, step by step, the girls get drawn in.

Anyway, sorry to hear that a lady you held a candle for has let you down. Another one bites the dust.

Shame.

• Like 1

I'm shocked you think it's worthy of comment PD, she must have meant something to you.

Pattaya is a trap, most village girls turn up either oblivious or naïve. Even if their friends told them that 'come here, sleep with farang, make big money', it wouldn't have a clue about the casual brutality of the place.

That documentary thread, Girlfriend For Sale,see youtube, that re-emerged here a couple of months ago covered it well, with the single mother asking how much more difficult can it be to sleep with a farang, as she had had Thai boyfriends before. She didn't last long when she saw the reality.

Anyway, sorry to hear that a lady you held a candle for has let you down. Another one bites the dust.

Shame.

yes, looking for love in Pattaya could be a bit like the old saying 'looking for love in all the wrong places'.

I do feel for you pattayadingo. It is always a little stomach churning when you see a girl you like act like she did and get nasty for no reason.

Good you stuck to your guns re: the money. Always easy to say yes.

• Like 1

I think its a chronic shame that this young lady could not even work out the situation for herself.

Follows like sheep, subjected to peer pressure... yep thats life.

One thing for sure is that she has lost out on a very good man!

You will meet your Mrs Pattayadingo, never accept second best.

• Like 1

I think the OP was extremely lucky that the girl displayed her true colors before he became too involved and at least it did not cost him a fortune to discover the truth before he lost out big time.

Sometime ago I used to be a regular customer of a massage parlour girl in Chiang Mai. Only this girl would oblige me with more than the regular extras.

She spoke good bargirl type English and although she appeared to be a nice enough pleasant person, all through our sessions together I had to put with the constant blabbering of her BS hard luck stories, most of them similar to the OPs experiences. I’ve heard all the crap before and most of it goes in one ear and out the other with me.

After a while she asked me if I loved her? To be honest I really couldn’t be bothered to answer because I was not interested in becoming involved with her. But what was unusual about this girl is that she was blatantly honest with me. She explained that she had this German 67 year old married guy on the go and he was paying her 20000 baht per month just for her to be there for him, like a minor wife and asked me if I was interested in doing the same? I replied, no, I’m quite content with the way things are in my life. Then she asked; but don`t you love me? After that I just avoided the subject and never visited her at the massage parlour again.

I came to realise that to many of these women, being a sort of extra wife on a business basis is quite normal for them and if a guy shows no interest they simply cant fathom it out and consider the snub off as a personal insult to them and this is perhaps why that girl reacted to the OP the way she did?

I have no doubts that the OPs girl was probably doing some bar work while she was working at the laundry.

My advice is; try to not become involved with the underclasses of Thai society, the same principles apply as do in our home countries.

post-110219-0-37981800-1339853375_thumb.

• Like 1

I think its a chronic shame that this young lady could not even work out the situation for herself.

Follows like sheep, subjected to peer pressure... yep thats life.

This woman worked out her situation very well. Don't fall into the trap "they are all vicitims". Western thinking.

There are dozens of Thai cities where you can work in a laundry for 10K or slightly less. But she chose Pattaya, because she knows very well about her options of extra income, which may not be that good in other Thai cities.

• Like 1

Nothing has changed the 'good woman'. She was always like that, you just didn't realize.

I do not think it was the 2 months working in a bar that changed the woman, it just brought out what was contolled/hidden or unseen by you.

I doubt that she was like this before hand. Having met some of her family they seemed decent hard working people. I feel I got to know her quite well. She had manners. I feel that her situation changed her and her beliefs have been altered by contact with others.

It is a gut feeling she really wanted out of the bar and when I refused what she was told she could financially get from a farang, she was shocked and surprised when I said no.

But, each to their own train of thought.

Nothing has changed the 'good woman'. She was always like that, you just didn't realize.

I do not think it was the 2 months working in a bar that changed the woman, it just brought out what was contolled/hidden or unseen by you.

I doubt that she was like this before hand. Having met some of her family they seemed decent hard working people. I feel I got to know her quite well. She had manners. I feel that her situation changed her and her beliefs have been altered by contact with others.

It is a gut feeling she really wanted out of the bar and when I refused what she was told she could financially get from a farang, she was shocked and surprised when I said no.

But, each to their own train of thought.

Isnt it so strange Pattayadingo how there are some exceptionally poor people in this world of ours , and yet they have the pride and self respect never to ask for a cent! Those are the sort of people that attract me, not "chancers" that buy your time for A$631 per month (layby money)!

The story you write OP has probably been used by many a Thai girl when they think they have a chance of netting a farang with different twists to each tale told, maybe it's not the case in your tale about J or maybe it is with the help of her aunt and freinds telling her what to say.

But I would say that Pattaya has really changed over the years and girls are getting very clever at their story telling tecniques, maybe some ones set up a school to teach the new arrivals on how to net and earn an income from farang.

Only thing I try to do is not tar em all with the same brush, and not sterotype em but when a place like Pattaya has the image it has then sometimes it's hard for some people not to think that their just out to con them.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Her Aunt does not know what she is now doing. At one point on the phone, I mentioned her Aunt because I thought she might be staying there again and as it is close by I would have popped round. J was not happy that I might see and talk to her Aunt and give the Aunt an idea of what J is doing.

I agree there are many stories and as many twists to those tales here in Pattaya. I to hear many of them, but I did get to know her quite well before she went home to tend her mother and feel this was not a story.

Still at the end of the day it will seem like just another girl gone bad story and trying to screw us out of our money. Yet I feel things might have been different if the laundry she previously worked at had not shut down or if I'd been around to maybe help her out while she got a job. Now we will never know.

Why does a girl move to Pattaya to work in a laundry?

Think about that!

She was near family with a job offer and tired of what she had been doing previously. Working 12 hours a day + commuting time made long days previously.

Sad? I guess so.

Did the bar work change her? maybe.

Can you do anything? Probably not.

Was this post from me helpful? Hard to say.

I suppose he could have looked after her when he had the chance. And then, once she had screwed up the courage and reached the point of desperation to ask him outright, he could still have looked after her. But 10,000 baht a month was more important to him.

I reckon if I stopped sending my wife money every month, she'd be in pretty dire straits, but I don't begrudge it. I see it as my role in life to go out and wrestle mammoths or fill in pointless forms or whatever it is that I do for a living, to feed the clanspeople back home

SC

EDIT: I suppose there's

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

Shame.

Yes, Pattaya is a trap. I recall seeing a documentary in the UK about a girl who set off to London and became wrapped up in the bright lights and prostitution. In many ways maybe not so different here.

What I did like was her village attitude. Naive at the world we know and we can understand. I did feel for her a lot and would have gone up north to visit her and seen where it went. The thought did enter my mind that I might also like to get back to village life here. Sometimes I miss that laid back way of life.

As you say, another one bites the dust and all too often.

Her Aunt does not know what she is now doing. At one point on the phone, I mentioned her Aunt because I thought she might be staying there again and as it is close by I would have popped round. J was not happy that I might see and talk to her Aunt and give the Aunt an idea of what J is doing.

My SIL is a BG in Pattaya, everyone knows what she is doing, nobody mentions it.

Usually the villagers assume any girl going to work in BK or Pattaya is whoring, even if they aren't.

I think the OP was extremely lucky that the girl displayed her true colors before he became too involved and at least it did not cost him a fortune to discover the truth before he lost out big time.

Sometime ago I used to be a regular customer of a massage parlour girl in Chiang Mai. Only this girl would oblige me with more than the regular extras.

She spoke good bargirl type English and although she appeared to be a nice enough pleasant person, all through our sessions together I had to put with the constant blabbering of her BS hard luck stories, most of them similar to the OPs experiences. I’ve heard all the crap before and most of it goes in one ear and out the other with me.

After a while she asked me if I loved her? To be honest I really couldn’t be bothered to answer because I was not interested in becoming involved with her. But what was unusual about this girl is that she was blatantly honest with me. She explained that she had this German 67 year old married guy on the go and he was paying her 20000 baht per month just for her to be there for him, like a minor wife and asked me if I was interested in doing the same? I replied, no, I’m quite content with the way things are in my life. Then she asked; but don`t you love me? After that I just avoided the subject and never visited her at the massage parlour again.

I came to realise that to many of these women, being a sort of extra wife on a business basis is quite normal for them and if a guy shows no interest they simply cant fathom it out and consider the snub off as a personal insult to them and this is perhaps why that girl reacted to the OP the way she did?

I have no doubts that the OPs girl was probably doing some bar work while she was working at the laundry.

My advice is; try to not become involved with the underclasses of Thai society, the same principles apply as do in our home countries.

Can I ask where you got that picture of my Ex?

The OP does not tell us how old the woman was - Let me make a guess at 25 and then make the observation that 25 years of being raised and living life as a good woman does not go down the pan in two months.

I say the OP has had a narrow escape.

• Like 2