Doha Stopover. Suggestions Please

wineman

Its a small airport and at times horrendously busy. There are two lounges, you could try them. One (think its called ghazal lounge) is pretty good value for money. There's not much else other than that. There's two small food courts with utterly terrible food, and a small duty free area. Head for the lounges.

Just there again 2 weeks ago. If you are Biz/1st you will be fine in the Premium Terminal Lounge and dedicated smoking room if that's your thing.

If you are QR Silver or better, there are dedicated lounges for that in the main terminal. Silver has it's own smoking room.

Normal terminal does have the PTP lounges and food areas as noted. The internet in the airport is free but as one would expect, pretty slow going.

4 hours is not that long. Don't worry, about 2 hrs of it will be quality time on scenic bus tours to and from aircraft and terminals. (Just kidding. Sort of).

Safe travels,

J

• Like 1

I am surprised that you have a 4 Hour wait in transit,which country is your onward flight destination to?

I fly QR business between BKK and LHR and sometimes i dont even make it up stairs to the Premium lounge,as they redirect me to the boarding gate.I have accumulated 7 premium lounge pass cards due to the very short onward connection times.

Going from Manchester (UK) to BKK in September with Qatar, as usual now much better value than ETIHAD.

Not much use to you now you've booked but I always book flights which include a 1 hour or 1.5 hour stopover in Doha only.

As other contributors have said not much to do there and why bother changing dosh to Dirhams when you don't need it anywhere else. Use a card in Duty Free, great value drinks and for the smokers, tobacco too. Free internet stations always

busy.

Getting back to ETIHAD why oh why are they becoming uncompetitive on the long-ternm stays. I always did prefer to use them and now my airmiles worse than useless. Don't want to buy that stuff they sell.

• Like 1

There is one food court that is pretty good and cheap, if I remember correctly it's the one at the very end of the terminal building up against the large windows.

There are some good deals on booze at the duty free shop.

Free wifi, but plugs are hard to find if you need one.

At $40+ I didn't think the lounges were worth it.

I thought there were two t's in butt ? lol