Good Dogs Need Home Quickly!

bitterbatter

post-110488-0-31032700-1339951670_thumb.post-110488-0-82701900-1339951606_thumb.post-110488-0-48430600-1339951620_thumb.post-110488-0-63426300-1339951632_thumb.

I have four very good dogs. They are great with kids!

All females. Two 2-year olds, two 5-month old pups. One brown and one white of older dogs and one brown and one white puppies from the white mother.

I am leaving Thailand, this week. I must find a home quickly for them. Please help.

The dog shelter is FULL! I do not know what else to do. HELP!

Chiang Mai

Edited by onthedarkside
email removed as per forum rules

This sort of thing really does break the heart.

Why can`t people realise that a dog is for life and if not certain that they are able to stay in Thailand for the whole of a dogs lifespan, than why take on these dogs?

I would take the dogs myself only my family and I are loaded with dogs and cats already. My daughter is looking at the photos and is litually in tears.

Is there any chance that you could somehow take the dogs with you to whereever you are going? Have you looked into this as a possiblity? Otherwise sadly I can`t see much hope for them.

• Like 2

First it was "I have four very good dogs" then it was "Sorry, I am assisting a friend."

You and your friend allowed two female dogs to get pregnant and have puppies five months before you are leaving Thailand and abandoning them?!

Those two puppies are large enough to have been spayed already. Have you and your friend done that yet?

If not, please neuter do the responsible thing and neuter all 4 dogs now while there is still time for them to recover before you release them into the street.

One week, the time is too short but anyway I think many of us are thinking how to help 4 dogs.

I see a good point that at least you post to ask help from other members in place of you abandoned 4 dogs in the street and we know nothing, another point you looked for a shelter for them but full, it mean at least you try to let them survive.

I think you can try to ask someone to takecare them with some financial support to buy food for your dogs (even in the future will be not yours anymore) until you find a better solution, this is they call a responsible!!! , when they are with you, you also have to give food to them, so I think the cost that you buy food every month for those dogs you can ask someone to take over this responsibility.

And what other member said about spay, sure you should do it.

I know there are a place far from the city (20-25 minutes), the owner pay all cost for take care many dogs(most of them come from the street) and also cost for someone to give them food, I am not sure if you go there and ask the owner to take care more 4 dogs will be possible or not, but you can try.

Maybe a Temple will take them?

They may indeed Semper and it's worth a try from the OP, though I doubt if he/she is really bothered. Four trained dogs that are good with kids will be scared shitless trying to find their own vacant spots and scavenging for food.

We often criticise the Thai's for the way they deal with dogs, but I think this shows that there are foreigner's who are just as bad......or should I say far worse because they should be showing some sort of responsibility! However, having said that I do acknowledge that back in our respective countries, there are irresponsible idiots who would act in exactly the same way, but unfortunately they somehow manage to find their way over here.

Every silver lining needs a cloud, and sadly, the OP is living proof of it. It's not yet a crime to be irresponsible; but in this instance it might as well be.

Here's hoping the community comes to the rescue. I have three dogs now, otherwise.... And as noted above, not all temples care for the animals abandoned there; there are at least three dying for lack of support in front of a temple on Patan Road. The shop owners opposite, toss rocks not bones, I think at me for occasionally feeding them.

Garcon! A nice huge helping of schadenfreude for….

oh my , indeed irresponsible , but do they all have to stay together ? Four dogs in once is a bit much , I might consider taking in one , but only if

there is no other way for the OP , we can't let them stroll on e streets can we ?

I love dogs and have two ,but maybe it would be better to pay a vet to put then down in a humane way .They are far from attractive looking and i think you will find ithem hard to off load .

I love dogs and have two ,but maybe it would be better to pay a vet to put then down in a humane way .They are far from attractive looking and i think you will find ithem hard to off load .

You might be right in a way , they indeed look not very attractive , not even talking about the itch Thai dogs always seem to have, although to put them down is harsh in my opinion , I'm sure there will be no Thai vet who will do that , they definitely won't , Its a Buddhist thing , will never ever happen , so that suggestion , thank God actually is of the table , maybe Nienke , again might be able to help , she does graet work with luckydogs , havent noticed her in this thread , think its getting desperate .

Have you tried contacting Santisook cat and dog shelter? I would suggest a very very sizable donation if they can take your dogs, and perhaps one made at regular intervals. Dogs are not just something you get for fun and it is quite cruel to even suggest taking four dogs that are used to a loving home and dumping them at the Wat, they would never survive.

http://www.santisookdogsandcats.org/en/