Thailand's Yellow Shirts Regroup, Seek Comeback

webfact

We now have examples of one farm wife evaluating the performance of a PM for how many years? Isn't that a bit much even for you guys?

Enlighten me. you obviously have lived here yonks.

• Like 1

That my views are somehow biased, I agree with that.

Beside the international press has always sided by Thaksin

That are facts that the casual visitor should know if he really want to understand the current political events.

I agree with your first "fact", but would like to see more proof of your second "fact".

Those are your reasons. The reasons you mentioned are not mentioned in the article. Your list of crimes is not written anywhere in the article. They are off topic. The Yellow shirts only want to make a political comeback!

But why do they want to make a comeback (not a "political comeback")?

That halted debate on a reconciliation bill which the yellow shirts believe will bring home their arch-enemy, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

You're a cheat. You cut up my first post without mentioning the crimes that were the point of my post. Write your own posts don't use mine if you want to cherry pick words and change the meaning. Besides it is against the rules.

<deleted>???? I quoted your post in full. What are you going on about?

We now have examples of one farm wife evaluating the performance of a PM for how many years? Isn't that a bit much even for you guys?

You might want to ask your wife if she or her family used the 30 baht health care at any government hospitals.

You might want to ask your wife if she or her family used the 30 baht health care at any government hospitals.

You mean the one that the Dems made FREE. And Phua Thai WANT to bring back the charge.

Thaksin in the early years DID do some good stuff BUT if you look at it later you could say that it was a disadvantage for some later. Eg the record debt that has occurred for some due to thaksins easy credit without giving the knowledge needed to run that credit.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

You mean the one that the Dems made FREE. And Phua Thai WANT to bring back the charge.

Thaksin in the early years DID do some good stuff BUT if you look at it later you could say that it was a disadvantage for some later. Eg the record debt that has occurred for some due to thaksins easy credit without giving the knowledge needed to run that credit.

Who started the 30 baht health care plan and what year?

quote name='kerryk' timestamp='1340026970' post='5402794']

Thaksin started it, I think in 2001

Except Chuan Leekpai created the concept of 30 Baht health care around '98

but couldn't push it through before his government went out.

The Dems cancelled the 30 baht fee making it FREE HEalth care,

and saving the administration fees for the 30 baht.. that cost MORE than 30 baht.

PTP last year reinstated the 30 baht fee

because allegedly Thaksin invented '30 Baht healthcare'... he didn't,

Never mind it was free,

they told people it wasn't to put back in their poster child slogan.

Edited by animatic

Yes. The Zero Baht was better. Actually cost the government less. Next

Yes. The Zero Baht was better. Actually cost the government less. Next

You don't feel any debt owed to mention the person who started the system in the first place?

I was just asking Thaicbr if his wife forgot about health care. Since we all went to this trouble to post about it the least he could do is ask and get back to us.

dam_n 1 minute and you haven't got back! Sheesh.

So you both reply with the same tired old BS - you farang you no understand how we do things in Thailand.

Sorry, it doesn't wash with me. Just because "little Somchai" gets away with it doesn't stop me from looking at a corrupt thief and calling him what I see.

I see nothing in his actions since he became a billionaire from robbing the Thai people to change that view.

Abusing members personally and repeating your simplistic discredited views doesn't alter the facts.You are clearly not able to deal with detailed arguments because you don't understand the background.It was for your benefit I quoted a relevant passage from the Pasuk/Baker book on Thaksin.I have seen nobody holding a candle for poor Thai business practices.Thaksin is certainly guilty of monopolistic practices and exploiting political influence.However he is by no means unique in this.If you talk about robbing the Thai people there are multiple targets far more insidious than Thaksin who was above all an astute businessman.

So your point is? That makes it right? By that logic, I would guess that whatever the Mafia does is OK since there are so many of them doing it. Or did I miss something? I don't believe that you wrote that "robbing the Thai people" is actually OK, but then again it sort of sounded like you were saying that it WAS OK for some people to do it because there are lots of others doing it as well. A bit confusing, all in all. So where exactly do you stand on that issue? Do you believe it is OK to rob the Thai people, or do you believe it is NOT OK? I mean, let's leave Thaksin out of this all together, just so you're being clear: Is it OK to rob the Thai people, or not? (OK, and just for fun, could you also tell us if you feel it is OK to rob YOU or not?)

• Like 2

I was just asking Thaicbr if his wife forgot about health care. Since we all went to this trouble to post about it the least he could do is ask and get back to us.

Kerryk. 1st I haven't got a wife just a Gf. 2nd it was Mosha that's got the wife.

• Like 1

"We have successfully overthrown three prime ministers, which proves our track record is excellent," says Chamlong, co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), whose yellow-clad members shut down Bangkok's international airport in 2008.

"We have the ability to overthrow another government again if need be."

Their agenda is clear. Forget democracy, welcome mob power !

The reds are like nuclear weapons, we don't really like their excess but the alternative of having our enemies alone with a nuclear arsenal is even more uncomfortable. And knowing the apathy of the army and the police in front of the PAD excesses, the "reds" remain our best defense against mob power.

You forget that the Democrats are NOT yellow-shirts. They are independent from each other unlike the PTP and Red-Shirts.

• Like 1

Chuan Government had it planed but had to wait because they had the repair the economic first as the same clowns that are now in power destroyed the economic in 1997.

Thaksin took the idea and implemented it in a very faulty way. Surayud made it workable.

Please list those who you feel are yellow supporters.

I'm not a "witch hunt" kind of guy. Read the forum and make up your own mind wink.png

I've been reading the forum for several years and whilst I find that there are many people who oppose the Reds for a number of reasons, I can't think of too many that are pro-yellow. Yet there are many on here who are pro-red.

Please list the many who you feel are pro-red.

You don't feel any debt owed to mention the person who started the system in the first place?

Chuan Leekpai?

(Did I cut anything out of your post this time?)

Chuan's governmentdevised the program and while vetting it decided there were not yet the tax resources (coming off Asian Crisis) to implement it. Thaksin implemented it despite no funding and led everyone to believe it was his creation. It was massively underfunded and poorly coordinated with healthcare providers who scrambled out of the system by the droves, simply because he rushed it.

Have you got a source for this? That Chuan devised the 30baht scheme seems to be common knowledge on this board, yet last time I questioned people on it, no one could back up their assertion with a reliable link - nor indeed any sort of link at all. How the scheme came about is detailed within this piece: http://www.humanrights-mu.org/attachments/article/88/Sutree_Paper.pdf (and nowhere is Chuan mentioned).

if you wanted a mobile phone, you bought it from AIS and paid their premium. If you wanted to use it, you paid AIS rates. AIS was allowed to overcharge with no oversight, both phones and rates well above other countries. Are claiming that is normal business practice?

Are you serious? In Thailand? Yes, sounds like quite a normal Thai business practice to me!

I have lost count of the times here, where I've hit a brick wall and been held to ransom as that person/ company holds the monopoly on the product/ decision that I require...

Is it correct and ethical business practice? Well as far the individuals/ businesses that hold the monopolies are concerned, I'm sure it's great business! Ethical? No, but that leads to the real question...

Why are certain cases of unethical monopolization exposed and prosecuted while others protected and concealed?

Having a monopoly was just ONE of the malfeasance. You forgot about writing laws to benefit his company and inside information. For example, if the government had to build roads somewhere and the first person to know would be Thaksin, guess what's going to happen. Instead of having contractors to bid for the project, he goes out of his way to 'appoint' a contractor which can triple the actual price of the project, lining his own pocket. Another example would be the Suvarnabhumi project. There are so many others cases.

"We have successfully overthrown three prime ministers, which proves our track record is excellent," says Chamlong, co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), whose yellow-clad members shut down Bangkok's international airport in 2008.

"We have the ability to overthrow another government again if need be."

Their agenda is clear. Forget democracy, welcome mob power !

hey but that's OK 'round here, they're yellow shirts.

Trust me, I know.

But there is a numbers of people who visit this forum without any preconceived opinion, just looking for information. It's important they understand the views expressed here by the yellow shirts supporters are from a minority and don't reflect the views of the majority, you just have to check the results of the elections for the past 10 years to understand that.

Why trust you just look at the results of the last election you are full of b s.

The last election showed that 52% of the population favored the yellow shirts.

Why do you feel the need to say things that are false. Is it just your feeble attempt to justify the clowns in power.

Why trust you just look at the results of the last election you are full of b s.

Why do you feel the need to say things that are false. Is it just your feeble attempt to justify the clowns in power.

you have to be joking.

you have to be joking.

You know what is very sad ? Probably he is not ...

The TVTBB (Thai Visa Thaksin Bashing Brigade) seem to be blissfully unaware of the deliberate vilification of Thaksin Shinawatra. They seem to honestly believe everything that comes out of the PAD/ Dems' mouths about the man. Let's be realistic guys, he is no angel, but he is not half as bad as they make him out to be. He also did a lot of positive things in his time in office and gave the people of the North & North-east a feeling of empowerment & justice. It is also blatantly obvious that the reason for their propaganda is their realisation of their lack of popularity at the polls. But instead of changing policies they embarked on an selfish, systematic and largely fictitious attack on one man, all to the detriment of the country they say they want to represent.

Nobody's buying ths "PAD/Dems" crapola. The reactionary PAD supported the more moderate Dems when they thought it furthered their interests. They later split away finding the Dems too moderate and reformist. It IS accurate to characterize the incumbents as the "PTP/UDD" however, as they are aligned. It will be interesting to see what happens when the more revolutionary minded UDD splits with the criminally minded PTP. It's going to look like a house of cards in a hurricane.

But the Dems & PAD are equally guilty of trying to indoctrinate the Thai public about Thaksin's alleged evilness which is why I grouped them. Also if they are not in the same boat/ gravy train together, why were Suthep & his BlueSky buddies down at the yellow rabble's ruckus outside of parliament recently?

Can you prove and provide evidence for Thaksin NOT being as vile and evil as they claim him to be? There are 17 boxes of evidence against the man in court. What can you provide? Please do tell me how you plan on convincing us otherwise? I don't claim to have the evidence personally but if the NACC, and Attorney General say they have evidence, along with the Democrats, I'll take their words over yours any day. Suthep and his blue sky buddies share the same ideals which is to stop Thaksin from returning to Thailand guilt free and his minions from escaping penalty.

if you wanted a mobile phone, you bought it from AIS and paid their premium. If you wanted to use it, you paid AIS rates. AIS was allowed to overcharge with no oversight, both phones and rates well above other countries. Are claiming that is normal business practice?

Are you serious? In Thailand? Yes, sounds like quite a normal Thai business practice to me!

I have lost count of the times here, where I've hit a brick wall and been held to ransom as that person/ company holds the monopoly on the product/ decision that I require...

Is it correct and ethical business practice? Well as far the individuals/ businesses that hold the monopolies are concerned, I'm sure it's great business! Ethical? No, but that leads to the real question...

Why are certain cases of unethical monopolization exposed and prosecuted while others protected and concealed?

Having a monopoly was just ONE of the malfeasance. You forgot about writing laws to benefit his company and inside information. For example, if the government had to build roads somewhere and the first person to know would be Thaksin, guess what's going to happen. Instead of having contractors to bid for the project, he goes out of his way to 'appoint' a contractor which can triple the actual price of the project, lining his own pocket. Another example would be the Suvarnabhumi project. There are so many others cases.

My understanding is that thaksin got Suvarnabhumi built on budget and on time. Furthermore despite the scurrilous false articles published in the not the nation claiming severe faults with the airport ( they had to publicly apologize a year later after the coup) only 1% failure rate was found at the airport and British airways described the airport as built to a very high standard.

The second terminal was due to have been built by now but then we had the coup, then the abhisit regime and hey guess what?

Nothing happened.

Oh and the yellow shirts?

I think this is their last hurrah.

The loyalists last stand.

My understanding is that thaksin got Suvarnabhumi built on budget and on time.

It was actually delayed by over a year.

Furthermore despite the scurrilous false articles published in the not the nation claiming severe faults with the airport

From wikipedia - "Airports of Thailand found that the cost of fixing 60 identified problems at the airport would be less than 1% of the total airline cost and the problems could be fixed in up to four to five years." 60 problems and 5 years to fix is not a shining success.

The problem with labelling them yellowshirts is that you are overlooking that there are also tens of millions of Thai people other than the yellowshirts who also support the Democrat Party, believe passionately in parliamentary democracy as a political ideal, and who are loyal to traditional Thai values, and want Thailand to have stability and respect for rule of law.

What is wrong with being "loyalist" anyway? Loyalty to the country you love is a fine thing.

'Loyalty' is better than 'treason' which is what Thaksin, Yingluck and the PTP govt are already guilty of, and continuing to commit as a matter of course. PTP are breaching the laws and whole structure of respectful parliamentary democracy, especially in open political-debate which they refuse to engage in. They are breaching human rights of Thai citizens with the address-distribution PTP atrocity. They have a personal agenda which they are pushing through *at any cost*, and that is no process of parliamentary democracy, that is a process of tyranny.

What you are seeing is not the "last hurrah" as you say, you are seeing a slumbering nation waking up after a long sleep to realise that the country has been one hundred percent hijacked by a ruthless crime-family syndicate, the Shinawatras.

It is not yellow shirts making a last stand, it is all democratically-minded Thai people saying enough is enough, and telling the PTP crime-syndicate to either shape-up or ship-out.

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

My understanding is that thaksin got Suvarnabhumi built on budget and on time. Furthermore despite the scurrilous false articles published in the not the nation claiming severe faults with the airport ( they had to publicly apologize a year later after the coup) only 1% failure rate was found at the airport and British airways described the airport as built to a very high standard.

The second terminal was due to have been built by now but then we had the coup, then the abhisit regime and hey guess what?

Nothing happened.

Really? So Suvarnabhumi had no corruptions, you mean to tell me Thaksin was being a good boy on that project?

My understanding is that thaksin got Suvarnabhumi built on budget and on time.

It was actually delayed by over a year.

Furthermore despite the scurrilous false articles published in the not the nation claiming severe faults with the airport

From wikipedia - "Airports of Thailand found that the cost of fixing 60 identified problems at the airport would be less than 1% of the total airline cost and the problems could be fixed in up to four to five years." 60 problems and 5 years to fix is not a shining success.

The problem with labelling them yellowshirts is that you are overlooking that there are also tens of millions of Thai people other than the yellowshirts who also support the Democrat Party, believe passionately in parliamentary democracy as a political ideal, and who are loyal to traditional Thai values, and want Thailand to have stability and respect for rule of law.

What is wrong with being "loyalist" anyway? Loyalty to the country you love is a fine thing.

'Loyalty' is better than 'treason' which is what Thaksin, Yingluck and the PTP govt are already guilty of, and continuing to commit as a matter of course. PTP are breaching the laws and whole structure of respectful parliamentary democracy, especially in open political-debate which they refuse to engage in. They are breaching human rights of Thai citizens with the address-distribution PTP atrocity. They have a personal agenda which they are pushing through *at any cost*, and that is no process of parliamentary democracy, that is a process of tyranny.

What you are seeing is not the "last hurrah" as you say, you are seeing a slumbering nation waking up after a long sleep to realise that the country has been one hundred percent hijacked by a ruthless crime-family syndicate, the Shinawatras.

It is not yellow shirts making a last stand, it is all democratically-minded Thai people saying enough is enough, and telling the PTP crime-syndicate to either shape-up or ship-out.

No body woke up. Yingluck's party got elected and your talking points didn't. So now it's time for the yellows to try again with some more ruthless crimes against the Thai people like closing down an international airport. The rule of law is never on the side of military coups.Thailand has never had a democracy and when they do the whole country will have to take a deep breath and say, "Yes we will obey the will of the majority of the voters."