Photocopy Questions

sante

My first two months in Thailand are almost up which means from now on visa extensions, border runs, visa runs, photocopies and passport size photos will play a dominant role in my life. What's the range of photocopy costs per page? I have no idea and just want to make sure I don't end up paying way above usual price. Also, would appreciate any recommendations for photocopy and photo places in my neighborhood--a little east and north of CMU. Thanks...

Well, prices can range from 30 Satang to 2 Baht.

It's well worth driving all over Chiang Mai to make sure you get the best deal.

Or you can stop sweating and just go to the same place as the student's.

Edited by uptheos

If you live around the CMU then there are many choices and photocopying theses and text books is inherent in their student life.

There are many many places, catering for Thais so the priices are quite cheap, I pay 50satang for simple A4 copy, but some tourist areas get away with 2bt (expensive).

A colour copy from your memory stick on a pc printer is approx 5bt though i did give someone the big "Mai ao krap" when they wanted 10bt a page.

I have tried to find colour photocopiers around town but not been successful.

Go to Kad Suan Kaew (the shopping mall on Huay Kaew Rd) basement level just past the grocery store across from the little Thai bakery. Little copy shop there 1 baht per page from passport or whatever. Same price if you've got some documents on a flash drive. Photo-Bug on Chang Phuak Road (Google Map - 18.797329,98.986285) for pictures. I guess you're going for your first extension, 4 x 6 cm -weird size, anyway, that size comes in a set of 4 - 100 baht. Smaller versions ie - Laos visa pics come in a set of 6 for 100 baht. They have a wide selection of sizes, just have the info in hand. You're in and out of there in 10 minutes. They have many sizes, if you're going to Laos for a new visa at a future date you can have everything in hand. If you do screw up and/or lose something no worries, the little copy shop at Immigration can take pics, do photocopies etc on the spot. A little more expensive but its there.

Edited by DowntownAl