Nonthaburi To Pattaya On My Harley

djvolak

Hi, I want to go see some friends in Pattaya but am not sure how to get there on the Bike. I have only used the Tollway to get there before and I do not think they let you ride bikes on that. Anyone know the best route for one who is not real familiar with the roads here in Thailand yet? Thanks in advance all.

I go from Rangsit, and the route would be almost similar - here goes, from Pakret (if that is where you are):

Its the best route I've found so far.

1. Along Cheang Wattana Road, over Vipawadee-Rangist road straight onto Ramintra.

2. Turn onto Seri-Thai Road (pass Suan Siam / Siam PArk). At Tee junction at end, turn Right.

3. Follow the road and it comes to Ramkeamheang road - turn left onto this road.

4. Go along Ramkeamheang road and after going under the tollway, do a u-turn, then take the left to travel along side the tollway on the small road.

5. At the T-junction at the end, Turn right and it takes you up onto large overpasses, and then head towards KingKaew road.

6 Follow Kingkaew road for a while and you will get to BangNa-trat road, and turn left, then follow the signs for Pattaya.

I would go 304 - Min Buri, Chachoengsao, then down from there. If you want fast, go onto the 7 highway from there, if you don't like highways, then head to Phanat Nikhom and down that way.

• Like 1

I go from Rangsit, and the route would be almost similar - here goes, from Pakret (if that is where you are):

Its the best route I've found so far.

1. Along Cheang Wattana Road, over Vipawadee-Rangist road straight onto Ramintra.

2. Turn onto Seri-Thai Road (pass Suan Siam / Siam PArk). At Tee junction at end, turn Right.

3. Follow the road and it comes to Ramkeamheang road - turn left onto this road.

4. Go along Ramkeamheang road and after going under the tollway, do a u-turn, then take the left to travel along side the tollway on the small road.

5. At the T-junction at the end, Turn right and it takes you up onto large overpasses, and then head towards KingKaew road.

6 Follow Kingkaew road for a while and you will get to BangNa-trat road, and turn left, then follow the signs for Pattaya.

I would be leaving from Bang Bua Thong up past the 2 Big C stores. I think I understand this one. I am thinking I better get a GPS. I do not mind getting a bit lost though as it gives me more riding time. I think once I get on the road parallel to the tollway i would have it figured out it is just getting there. Thanks for your reply.

I magine most foriegners know Sukhumvit rd. So, if you know how to get to that on your bike, then follow it all the way down and then turn left onto the Bang Na trat rd(the turn is just after soi 103/4, but you can't really miss it) then just follow that road all the way to Pattaya. It's not scenic or anything, but you won't get lost.

• Like 1

I magine most foriegners know Sukhumvit rd. So, if you know how to get to that on your bike, then follow it all the way down and then turn left onto the Bang Na trat rd(the turn is just after soi 103/4, but you can't really miss it) then just follow that road all the way to Pattaya. It's not scenic or anything, but you won't get lost.

Bangna Trat road really isn't fun on a bike though. I try to avoid it when possible.

• Like 1

Thanks, that gives me a way I know how to do and one to look into. You all are great!

If you take Bangna Trat road, don't stay on the frontage road, the road surface is really bad. Just ignore the 'no bike' signs and cut onto the main road (not the elevated highway). I always ride on that bit and have never had a problem with the BIB.

I've got a GPS, 3 maps and a Thai girlfriend....but still get lost. Yesterday for example. Chinatown hotel Sampantawong to Varachak Rd, Pomprap was 30 kilometers, past the same statue 3 times, found a paking spot (not easy) and got a tuk tuk!

The bl00dy GPS wouldn't even register Varachak Rd!

I've got a GPS, 3 maps and a Thai girlfriend....but still get lost. Yesterday for example. Chinatown hotel Sampantawong to Varachak Rd, Pomprap was 30 kilometers, past the same statue 3 times, found a paking spot (not easy) and got a tuk tuk!

Another beautiful day in the land of smiles eh? ha. I do know that feeling though. Sometimes it is easier to catch a ride for sure.

Welcome to Thailand and too much reliance on technology. English transliterations of Thai place or road names as we know is not an exact science. Had you had tried Worachak you may have yielded results.

PPPPPPP

Before setting out one needs to look at at least 2 sources maybe three to ascertain the general direction and route. Google maps, Bing Maps and if you have a copy Map Magic. MapMagic didn't find Varachak Rd, or Vorachak Rd. But it did find the Vorachak Branch or Ayudhya Bank. From there found Worachak Rd. Both Google and Bing call is Worachak.

Add to that the one way bus lanes in Chinatown and.....

Did you ride to Pattaya yet?

Not yet I had to do the ol cam up the butt thing today May try this weekend but the Mrs is frowning on it big time. Not sure what kind of trouble she thinks I could get into over there. On the Harley? Come on!

• Like 1

Not yet I had to do the ol cam up the butt thing today May try this weekend but the Mrs is frowning on it big time. Not sure what kind of trouble she thinks I could get into over there. On the Harley? Come on!

I think you riding the Harley is the least of her worries. wink.png

I think you riding the Harley is the least of her worries. wink.png

I got it pretty good at home she does not have to worry about that. Off and running this morning. No GPS I will try the Bang Na Trat route as that one I at least know a bit of it. Thanks all.

Went and had a nice trip except for seeing a mother and daughter knocked off their bike by a 18 wheel truck. And the ride back last night was fine till I went through Bangkok. I will change my leave and come back times for sure next time. About the crash I see the truck go into the bike lane, I guess he was turning in to eat or something. No signal just come righ over into her bike. Knocked em over going about 30 or 40 kph so they were both hurt. Little girl about 13 right arm briken for sure and road rash on the right foot. Mom had road rash all down right side. I got the girl to stay still as she was trying to get up the saw the driver of the truck looking fishy at the back of his truck so went and got phoito of the plate on the truck and three of him. He then took off for a bit but another driver brought him back. The womans husband showed up in about 5 min from the time of the crash so that was good. An ambulance came up on th scene and I tried to wave it over. They pulled up saw that it was thais and drove off. Ohhhh I was a bit mad to say the least. I would have paid the bill myself if there was issue. Took another 15 min for another one to show and the police. Gave the police the info I had and told them I had photos and showed em to him. Explained that I had seen the whole thing so he went and got the driver came back and showed me his liscence and asked was that the guy I said yes. Gave the father my wifes phone number and showed him I had the photos and had him talk to my Mrs for a bit so he would know what I was saying, My thai in nid noi if at all. I was amazed that the father did not go after the driver at first so I guess I learned something yesterday. He was just worried about the wife and kid nothing else mattered at that moment in time and beating the shit out of a guy who was not paying attention while driving would not have fixed his kid or wifes situation at all. Maybe that is why the driver did not come over right away to see how they were as he thought he would get beat up i do not know. I do know I would have not handled it as well as that father did if it were my wife and kid laying in the road knowing that the driver had left and then came back because another driver brought him back. I hope everybody out ther riding makes it home in one piece every time. I hope that woman and her child recover completely too. Safe travels all. I took the Bangna Trat Road route and it was not so bad but that going through bangkok on a friday night blows. I will leave and return real early am from now on and avoid all that traffic I think. Got a bit turned around at the end when I got off the 34 also and tryed asking a thai for directions. The poster who said never to do this was correct. I figured it out. Mad the left when I should have went right. Found some Karoke bars that may need to be checked out at a future time though. Ha! Peace!

• Like 1

Another Farang with a Harley in Nonthaburi, yeah! That makes two

I've a 07 streetbob. Are there any others?

I don't visit this forum much so couldn't help you with directions

Good on ya for helping out the Thai family btw

I'm planning a move to Min Buri along with my 09 Night train next year

There's a chap with a Harley Sportster in Minburi. I ride a Versys and stay not too far away in Lat Krabang.

There's a chap with a Harley Sportster in Minburi. I ride a Versys and stay not too far away in Lat Krabang.

Cool, maybe we can get out for a run some time. I'm also planning to buy a dirt bike and take it to the place that BigBikeBKK went to that is nearby. I'm buying some land when I get home from offshore next month, then it will take until this time next year probably to get the house built.