Sakon Nakhon: Thai French Beef Owner Dead

luanghans

Notice: At the moment this is a rumor amongst Thais. I have requested some Thai friends to gather further details.

The gentleman who started and operated Thai-French Beef is dead.

Apparently suicide by hanging.

I had seen the gentleman some four years ago. At that time he was quite frail and needed assistance walking.

Whenever I hear of foreigners jumping from balconies or hanging themselves in Thailand, I get very skeptical.

Considering his age and health, the suicide is quite believable.

Emphasis: This is unconfirmed at this time.

That is indeed sad if what you say is true. Is it Francoise? But he didn't own the company. He was just a shareholder/manager, More details please. I knew Francoise as a very decent and totally dedicated person. After arriving in the mid 1970s (the same time as me) he built up the Thai French beef company to become the best supplier of quality beef in Thailand. This he achieved through AI. Inseminating local cattle with Simmental and Charolais semen.

That is indeed sad if what you say is true. Is it Francoise? But he didn't own the company. He was just a shareholder/manager, More details please. I knew Francoise as a very decent and totally dedicated person. After arriving in the mid 1970s (the same time as me) he built up the Thai French beef company to become the best supplier of quality beef in Thailand. This he achieved through AI. Inseminating local cattle with Simmental and Charolais semen.

Death confirmed by employees at the Sakon Nakhon Thai French Beef restaurant. Funeral announcements pending.

Thanks for the correction: not owner-shareholder. He was introduced to me as the owner by a Thai (probably poor translation).

As mentioned before I met the man once briefly. He wasn't the type of person to mingle with other westerners in the area.

Thai media reports

http://77.nationchannel.com/video/245064/

http://sakondaily.fix.gs/index.php?topic=139.0

Edited by luanghans

Very sad RIP. Just showed his body in the morgue on TNN 24Hrs. Also showed his beef farm and his house. Including where he hung himself in the toilet. Little bit too graphic really but that is Thai media.

RIP Condolences to the his family.

Francoise was a very humble man. Spoke excellent Thai. He built up a large business with the Sakhon Nakhon beef cooperative that benefited thousands of Isarn farmers. Many of the readers of this forum may at some time gone to a restaurant in the North East and asked for a steak and be told it was the best because it came from the Sakhon Nakhon-French farm. The Co-Op also supplied top restaurants and hotels in Bangkok with quality beef. Francoise had been suffering greatly for a few years until the pain became unbearable. He was a bachelor. May be rest in peace.

I met Francois once about two years ago and he was certainly very fragile. The restaurant is top of the class for Sakon Nakhon and I loved the German Shepherds cruising the restaurants. The pace is flooded during lunch with the who is who's of Sakon Nakhon and the steaks are great. We just past the restaurant and farm last weekend. RIP

I met Francois once about two years ago and he was certainly very fragile. The restaurant is top of the class for Sakon Nakhon and I loved the German Shepherds cruising the restaurants. The pace is flooded during lunch with the who is who's of Sakon Nakhon and the steaks are great. We just past the restaurant and farm last weekend. RIP

As I said above, very sad indeed. He contributed so much to the community and to Isarn in general. That restaurant is indeed top of its class,

Another restaurant in Sakon Nakhon that is top of its class is Green Corner. Amazing. I first went to the original place back in the mid 1970s. Then it only served breakfasts,

But now- Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Western, plus the cakes, desserts, the wide range of different breads. The place has expanded into the shop next door. Everything clean. My wife loves it.

I wish there was a restaurant like this in Ubon.

By the way, on another link, some one called Srichai told me to go back to my own country if I didn't like things here. Sorry Srichai, hard to do, because 10 years ago I became a Thai citizen. I only want things to improve in my new adopted country.

That has to be the funniest statement ive ever heard David. You are a farang and you want to help change things in Thailand.

Please sit down , pour yourself a cold beer and look in the mirror.

Changing to a Thai citizen means nothing in a Thais eyes you are farang and always will be.

What i dont get is why you feel the need to be Thai . How bizarre.

• Like 1

That has to be the funniest statement ive ever heard David. You are a farang and you want to help change things in Thailand.

Please sit down , pour yourself a cold beer and look in the mirror.

Changing to a Thai citizen means nothing in a Thais eyes you are farang and always will be.

What i dont get is why you feel the need to be Thai . How bizarre.

Probably because Thailand is his home. RIP Francoise he must have had a good life here. Jim

Like i say bizarre, wanting to be part of a society that views farangs as lower class people.

Athough im sure he gets the thai price now wai.gif

Sorry to disagree with you but Sakon Nakhon for me at least has always been very much Farang Friendly and I never experienced in Thailand once to be treated as a low class person.

For the records I have been living in Thailand for 23 years.

As I said above, very sad indeed. He contributed so much to the community and to Isarn in general. That restaurant is indeed top of its class,

Another restaurant in Sakon Nakhon that is top of its class is Green Corner. Amazing. I first went to the original place back in the mid 1970s. Then it only served breakfasts,

But now- Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Western, plus the cakes, desserts, the wide range of different breads. The place has expanded into the shop next door. Everything clean. My wife loves it.

I wish there was a restaurant like this in Ubon.

By the way, on another link, some one called Srichai told me to go back to my own country if I didn't like things here. Sorry Srichai, hard to do, because 10 years ago I became a Thai citizen. I only want things to improve in my new adopted country.

Yeah David, I know the Green Corner. Ate several times at the GC before I took a bus to Bangkok.

I was in the restaurant three weeks ago, great place. We have a house about 40kms from there and regularly drop in for lunch.

Very sad to hear this news. My condolences to those he left behind.

Edited by a10ams

My GF is from Sakon Nakhon, so I showed her the Thai language website news report posted above as well as The Nation Channel video.

According to her account of those news reports, the Thai police supposedly suspect the guy's death may not have been a suicide and instead foul play. And in the video report, she said there's some Thai guy talking about the deceased having been in some kind of land dispute with others.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK