Is It Possible To Enter Without A Visa?

I'm a UK citizen currently in Korea. I was on my way to the Thai Embassy in Seoul today but there is a taxi driver strike. I don't live in Seoul so I need a taxi to get me to the subway station that would take me to Seoul.

I am supposed to be flying to BKK on Monday and now I won't be able to get my visa in time. So my question is can i get a visa on arrival and then go to Laos to get a visa there? My e ticket is only one way, could this be a problem?

My only other option is to cancel my flight and buy another ticket.

Also if you have nothing of value to contribute please keep it to yourself.

Thanks

Because you only have a One Way Flight the airline might not let you board the plane when you don't have a Valid Visa.

You could buy another cheap Ticket (shows that you are leaving Thailand within the 30 Days after Arrival) and after arriving you just cancel that Ticket.

Because you only have a One Way Flight the airline might not let you board the plane when you don't have a Valid Visa.

You could buy another cheap Ticket (shows that you are leaving Thailand within the 30 Days after Arrival) and after arriving you just cancel that Ticket.

Yeah, I had a feeling the one way ticket would be a problem. At the moment it looks like I will have to change or cancel my flight and book a new one.

Why don't you buy a cheap (and most importantly) refundable ticket with one of the Low Budget Carriers out of Thailand ?

(If you show that ticket, when you board your original plane they will see that you intend to leave within 30 days after arrival, and this will even satisfy immigration staff at BKK airport if asked for a outgoing ticket wink.png .)

After you arrive in Thailand and got settled in, you just go to a travel agent and cancel that Ticket.

Edited by MJCM

Budget carriers don't give refunds, it all depends on the policy of the airline AND ticket conditions. (The cheaper the ticket, the more restrictins are on it. Like not being allowed to change dates, refunds etc).

If you really need a tourist visa, buy a ticket to a neighbouring country to apply for a proper tourist visa there.

Budget carriers don't give refunds, it all depends on the policy of the airline AND ticket conditions. (The cheaper the ticket, the more restrictins are on it. Like not being allowed to change dates, refunds etc).

If you really need a tourist visa, buy a ticket to a neighbouring country to apply for a proper tourist visa there.

Problem solved. I went to the Thai Embassy in Seoul and they said I can pick up visa tomorrow. I'd read that it would take 2-3 days but it there weren't too many people there.