Farang/Thai Relationships - The Good Ones

antonb

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god you didn't say jump ON or we would have a rattle here.

I chose my words very carefully so that I would not create an innuendo which might be misplaced or at worst, misunderstood.

But I'm hearing you ...

Maxme said:OK then I guess being crude and rude is part of French culture or perhaps you didn't try hard enough to find what you've written.

Hey why stop at personal insults, when you can insult a whole nationwhistling.gif

OK then I guess being crude and rude is part of French culture or perhaps you didn't try hard enough to find what you've written.

nothing crude or rude nope

you guys are just trying to pick fight as usual

Really? But you are usually the instigator...

Nope I don't know anyone here, I post on my view on THL in general and people usually get personal often negative just because they don't have the same view/experience which i find quite appalling really

And when I quote a text to say I don't agree I don't make personal attacks

Edited by aneliane

Maxme said:OK then I guess being crude and rude is part of French culture or perhaps you didn't try hard enough to find what you've written.

Hey why stop at personal insults, when you can insult a whole nationwhistling.gif

I would not even bother

they just don't get the difference between expressing a opinion and insulting.

OK then I guess being crude and rude is part of French culture or perhaps you didn't try hard enough to find what you've written.

nothing crude or rude nope

you guys are just trying to pick fight as usual

Really? But you are usually the instigator...

Nope I don't know anyone here, I post on my view on THL in general and people usually get personal often negative just because they don't have the same view/experience which i find quite appalling really

And when I quote a text to say I don't agree I don't make personal attacks

Well we ll post from our own experiences, some have good ones, some bad ones, some a bit of both.

We all handle it differently which brings us all to post different things.

I wonder how many females on here are really "females" cheesy.gif

none

we all pretend to be females so we get a hard time

In the good old days of the internet

Some men were women pretending to be men.

All women were middle aged men pretending to be women.

All children were FBI agents.

Since I'm part French I take some of that beating myself, so don't worry about it. She insulted Thailand several times so I guess we pay back with an eye for an eye.

I would not even bother

Right and that comes from you laugh.png

In 2003 I decided to go to Oz with a 1 month stopover in Thailand. Whilst in Thailand I met someone that I thought was perfect wife material. The stopover lasted for 14 months and I paid for EVERYTHING except I dinner at the Pizza Company. During this time we had a lot of arguements because she seemed so perfect and I'd read and heard that this is what Thai women do - act perfect, but just want money.

The naysayers had wormed into my brain and were causing me to doubt my instincts. No one could put up this act so consistently though, could they?

As money dwindled I realised I needed to do something quick. I was offered a job back home in the UK, so I decided to take it - but what to do with the girl?

Being pushed into a corner advice was given to me to leave her as I'll get over it - plenty more fish in the sea and all that. But the great thing about advice is that you can ignore it, and with an 'oh fuc_k it' moment I decided to marry her and take her with me.

Arriving in the UK with a Thai bride was met with much sniggering and 'be careful' advice from family and friends. Then things took a turn for the worse as my job offer never materialised and I was unemployed for 9 months. So living with my parents we were broke and stuck. Now this is the when everyone was expecting my Thai bride to do a vanishing act.

What she did was take a job cleaning at a hospital, supporting her husband and never ONCE complained that I had to spend her money.

Ever since we have been together our money has been exactly that, OUR money. If either of us want anything they will run it past the other first and never has either of us said no, just sometimes maybe wait a bit.

We are both very happy with an awesome 3 year old son and I believe our relationship is as strong as any. She knows all my bank accounts as I do hers. All our savings, collateral and investments are in her name, but I do not lose a wink of sleep over it - because I trust her.

I know that will have many people on here pissing their pants and offering their thoughts and advice, but you know what............I trust my instincts now more than ever.

Oh, P.S. She is not Thai Chinese hi-so or educated beyond Pratom 6. She comes from a village in the south and she is my Jungle Princess.

Nice story MJJ

My story is almost the same,

To make a long story short

Came to Thailand for a trade show,

met my now Thai wife

had a three year relationship and started to learn as much as I could about Thailand

From what a read on the Thai forums, I started to get paranoid, Thank God I did not act on those paranoid instincts,

decided to throw caution to the wind and married the girl.

When we got back in the US, the economy went to hell, lost a ton of money in Real estate, the jewelry business went to hell

we literally lost everything.

to make money, I had to live our Florida home and go to NY to work with the Carpenters Union that I used to work when I was young

and had to be away from my new wife months at a time,

My wife, new to the states, and from a village in Isaan, went to school,improved her English, learned a trade, and supported me all this tine, did not complain once.

During these troubled times, I had two friends who committed suicide,

One, a 40 year old stock broker who lost everything,and had no other skills other than trading, he lost his credit, and was dead in the water did not know what to do, then his American GF left him, one day we found him Hung in his waterfront home that was under foreclosure.

The Other one an older lady who was the owner of a property appraisal company where my Ex-wife worked. She had no one, and when she lost it all, did not have the straight to start over. She took a deadly dose of sleeping pills.

I cant help but think where I would be if I did not have my wife to support me during those difficult times.

My Thai wife is the love of my life,her and my Daughters are the most important thing in my life

I can only give you one piece of advice to the OP

Keep a level head

trust your instincts

and don't become paranoid

To win you got to be in the game,

Yep, 1 more here...

My wife's a country girl, basic eduction provided by family, then put herself through higher ed. Now a very happy official with the Thai government, while I look after the kids. Wonderful for all!

Since I'm part French I take some of that beating myself, so don't worry about it. She insulted Thailand several times so I guess we pay back with an eye for an eye.

find me one line where I insulted THL

I would not even bother

Right and that comes from you laugh.png

yup from me to you

but not to be classified as an insult

@Aneliane

Then I was spot on in my assessment among other observations. So you don't like the question because it's personal but don't mind spitting out personal insults at some members wives?

With all due respect, she has asked you several times where the "perceived" insult is and you haven't pointed it out.

I might be a bit thick, but I cannot see one. Terse and a bit rude to edwinclapham......maybe. But I cannot see an insult

about his wife so perhaps you'd point it out for me.

Regards

Will

I would not even bother

This is such a ridiculous statement on so many levels. So you're trying to justify your typically negative views of Thailand/Thais as an "opinion" which means that it's perfectly ok? What if someone were to express "their opinion" that French women are smelly, rude, wily, have hairy armpits, and generally have a nasty disposition, would that be acceptable? I mean, it's just an "opinion."

To help explain it to you, yes, some opinions can be insulting. And trying to justify an insult as an opinion is pretty lame and an obvious cop-out.

@Aneliane

Then I was spot on in my assessment among other observations. So you don't like the question because it's personal but don't mind spitting out personal insults at some members wives?

With all due respect, she has asked you several times where the "perceived" insult is and you haven't pointed it out.

I might be a bit thick, but I cannot see one. Terse and a bit rude to edwinclapham......maybe. But I cannot see an insult

Regards

Will

Try to follow the conversation and you will see. If you don't then you are as blind as she is

• Like 1

@Aneliane

Regards

Will

Try to follow the conversation and you will see. If you don't then you are as blind as she is

Try answering the question in as civil a manner as it was asked wold be a start I suppose...

@Aneliane

Regards

Will

Try answering the question in as civil a manner as it was asked wold be a start I suppose...

If you cannot see where she insulted edwinclapham, I suggest you try to re-read some of the posts before spitting out conjecture.

Civil manner follows the same rule as respect. To be handed out mutually.

Edited by maxme

Why do people insist on using the derogatory word farang? It's bad enough when Thais use it.

I wonder why people use the words 'my Thai wife' ? Wouldn't 'my wife' be sufficient?

Exactly, my "Thai Wife' sounds like an object. Anyway, bad relations happen in any races/countries couple.... first thing, it's start to speak the same language, and if you're living in Thailand, first of all, learn Thai language

I would not even bother

This is such a ridiculous statement on so many levels. So you're trying to justify your typically negative views of Thailand/Thais as an "opinion" which means that it's perfectly ok? What if someone were to express "their opinion" that French women are smelly, rude, wily, have hairy armpits, and generally have a nasty disposition, would that be acceptable? I mean, it's just an "opinion."

To help explain it to you, yes, some opinions can be insulting. And trying to justify an insult as an opinion is pretty lame and an obvious cop-out.

I never said that Thai people were smelly or rude or anything along these lines.

I sometimes speak of unpleasant experiences but never insulted anyone.

Edited by aneliane

If you cannot see where she insulted edwinclapham, I suggest you try to re-read some of the posts before spitting out conjecture.

So I believe you have not found anything in 24h ?

I am starting to get tired of your constant unfunded accusations.

@Aneliane

Regards

Will

Conjecture, Get real!

Now you're changing your story. Before you accused her of insulting his wife, now it's him.

You keep avoiding the issue by saying things like "if you can't see it" or "re-read the posts".

Where is the insult to his wife?

And then you have the audacity to speak about "civil manners" when you showed me none

after I politely asked you a civil question.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

I never said that Thai people were smelly or rude or anything along these lines.

That was an example, Aneliane. I can see how conversing with you can get a bit frustrating.

I sometimes speak of unpleasant experiences but never insulted anyone.

Honestly, I don't even think YOU believe this statement.

So let me get this right: I am jealous of ...you ? sick.gif

And your Thai educated wife is more educated than me? giggle.gif

And for some reason I would like to be in her shoes with you ???sick.gifsick.gif

Looking at the way you write as an NES, I don't think you know much about education

you might want to have a look at Thai universities before passing comments like those

Start with their ranking (I think it's around 140 for the first one)

I have a double higher education in France and UK, I let you find their ranking wink.png

I get this type of aggressive comment from you on a regular basis, your Thai wife probably likes it, but normal people don't react positively to aggression

What if we don't have a thai lady ?

We can't be happy ?

OK so if i follow your theory, I would have to wear what 40 yo Thai women are wearing :

- Hello Kitty/Dysney clothes (shirt/sweaters) and accessories (bags/umbrellas) -apparently a big fashion hit with over 40's here even if a huge fashion faux-pas anywhere else in the western world.

- Flowery synthetic (no cotton, far too comfortable by this weather) clothes clashing, that my grandma could have worn (without the clashing)

- Plastic shoes when your feet get swollen and super sweaty in this heat

- or fake "School" looking "sensible" shoes for tired feet that even my grandma refused to wear up until she died at the ripe age of 87, but which are the cheaper thai version so not comfortable but just ugly and make you look like a 100yo.

Now the classier younger attire :

- leopard leggings, leopard skirts, and yes even leopard mini skirts for over 40's, leopard tops, scarf... well really leopard anything seems to be the real classy look for middle age women

- Drop the fake hello Kitty to go uptown for fake Chanel or Dior Tshirt/top (j'adore) accessorized obviously with a fake DG or Gucci bag

- Gold everywhere: sunglasses (asian dictator's wife style) loads of gold rings, tons of gold bracelets and chains, but also on shoes.

- Add silver to gold; considered as super rude anywhere else, here like Christmas decoration are favored all year long, looking like a Christmas Tree is considered hot.

- Plaster my face with white foundation + white powder to look as white as poss and go berserk on colors ie super bright pink lipstick black crayoned eyebrows and vivid eye shadow and end up looking like a clown

- For hair have it long, or choose between the 5 different 1970's haircuts available

// There are a lot more where these comments came from and some of them were directed at me because you clearly misunderstood my sentence. Add that up with the comment where you said you were bored of hearing about edwinclapham's wife. It's not because he talks a lot about her, it's because you can never accept a Thai woman being on the same level as you. To you, farang women are worth a lot more than Thai women.

So yeah that little remark though it sounds harmless is in fact not.

Are you kidding me?

I have heard 4 times in the last 3 days how Edwin's wife was great

and what about "my thai wife is lovely", "my thai wife is hot" "my thai wife looks great" " my thai wife looks like Angelina Jolie" ?????

You know Aneliane, I am so sorry that you find my posts regarding my wife offensive. It is a fact that I am inordinately proud of her therefore on the correct threads I have been proud to write just that. If you find those threads nauseating then may I suggest that you flick over the page with your pretty little claws and view something that wont promote bile.

I really dont know the purpose of your presence on the forum, whether you are trolling whatever but I refuse to come down to your level of abject misery that you have imposed upon yourself.

Offensive is not the word

tedious, boring, more like it

but you are in a different case since you only use your wife to point out how much "better" she is compared to me; which I think is sick and moot since I would rather choose a chimp than you as husband

frankly I think there should be a specific "relationship with your thai spouse" sub-forum

my thai wife this my thai wife that days on and on ...

Will, read her other posts in other threads then read this then maybe you can get a grip. What are you ... in love?

And I didn't bring up about civil manners... you did.

Edited by maxme

Will the children on here please KEEP ON TOPIC, which is farangthai relationships, the good ones.

If you wish to slag each other off please go to Bedlam.

If you have nothing more to contribute please refrain from, as usual, destroying a perfectly good thread.

• Like 1