Is It Time To Leave Phuket

patongphil

Personally, I like Belgian beer. St Patrick Day will never be the same again though.

So there is only one Irish bar in Patong? Or is it a particular person that will be missed?

Particular person and his family. Also the fact that I could get there in about 2 mins on the bike.

Personally, I like Belgian beer. St Patrick Day will never be the same again though.

So there is only one Irish bar in Patong? Or is it a particular person that will be missed?

Particular person and his family. Also the fact that I could get there in about 2 mins on the bike.

I see you've gone native then coffee1.gif

Can understand that, where you thinking of going now then?

The best reason to leave Phuket and the one that will eventually drive me away is traffic. It's horrible now and only going to get much much worse. Take, for example, the hundreds of new houses going up in the area around BIS. That will add a few hundred more cars on an already nasty part of the main highway.

For some reason, the authorities think that the best way to solve any traffic congestion problem is to install yet another light! Nothing could be worse in many cases.

Phang Nga Town is my most likely next place of residence.

• Like 1

The best reason to leave Phuket and the one that will eventually drive me away is traffic. It's horrible now and only going to get much much worse. Take, for example, the hundreds of new houses going up in the area around BIS. That will add a few hundred more cars on an already nasty part of the main highway.

For some reason, the authorities think that the best way to solve any traffic congestion problem is to install yet another light! Nothing could be worse in many cases.

Yep traffic is a nightmare and one very good reason to leave Phuket, not at that stage yet but it is always on my mind. Plenty of places to go if it does get to much!!

Phang Nga Town has to be the most scenic place in thailand. the whole area is gorgeous, especially that river valley just a few km on the surat side of town. only thing is, there's almost nothing to do there, i'd be bored out of my mind. there's about 2 girly bars on phuket side of town and i think that's it! no pizza, no villa market, no french bread. i guess its nice if you just want to stay home, look at the view and eat thai food.

Traffic not a problem if you ride a step-through. My journey times haven't changed much over the years.

I would agree, even with a car. Even Chaofa roads might be busy but traffic flows quite quickly (despite all the traffic lights). Time Kata to airport has not really changed much over the years.

Probaly 90 % of the beers served are from Belgium companys or related to them , Top 100 best brewers Not 1 single from Irland , Top 50 best beers - Sorry nothing from Irland , Best Top 50 bars - again Nothing from Irland ( neither Thailand ). ( Source Rate beer , survey from more then 23 000 person ) .

Probaly you are gooing to miss the owner , the regulars in the bar , ...... .

Probaly 90 % of the beers served are from Belgium companys or related to them , Top 100 best brewers Not 1 single from Irland , Top 50 best beers - Sorry nothing from Irland , Best Top 50 bars - again Nothing from Irland ( neither Thailand ). ( Source Rate beer , survey from more then 23 000 person ) .

Belgium has the most brewers in the world and they have got a few Irish bars i'm sure

Belgium has the most brewers in the world and they have got a few Irish bars i'm sure

Yes many .The Irish times in Charleroi comes to mind ,and many Irish pubs in Brussels .Up here in Chiang Mai we have the number one bar ownen by a Belgian and with the greatest selection of beers and some nice ladys in town .

So, let us all in on the secret.... which bar has been sold to this Belgian gentleman?? ...... will we now be able to get decent frites in Patong.... Moules as well maybe ?

The Celtic Bar and I have just been informed the new owner is Dutch not Belgian

So, let us all in on the secret.... which bar has been sold to this Belgian gentleman?? ...... will we now be able to get decent frites in Patong.... Moules as well maybe ?

Well, they both use mayonnaise on their French fries (yechhh!).

The Dutch like to combine mayonaise with peanut sauce, and that is really excellent. I can know and I am unbiased :)

I'd like to ask without starting a new thread as it's related "why would you want to stay in Phuket", i've lived here 10 years and my opinion has never changed, i've always had a love/ hate relationship with the place, siding on the latter more, familiarity breads contempt, any destination or places that you know are better then phuket and would recommend to relocate to worldwide

Edited by britpop
  • Like 1

The Dutch like to combine mayonaise with peanut sauce, and that is really excellent. I can know and I am unbiased smile.png

Mustard with fresh ground black pepper is the only way to go.

I'd like to ask without starting a new thread as it's related "why would you want to stay in Phuket", i've lived here 10 years and my opinion has never changed, i've always had a love/ hate relationship with the place, siding on the latter more, familiarity breads contempt, any destination or places that you know are better then phuket and would recommend to relocate to worldwide

Firstly, I probably would go mad if I had to stay here full time. Go away for a week or more and Phuket feels great again.

Palawan in the Philippines is breath-takingly beautiful, cheap and the locals are very hospitable. Nothing like Luzon.

• Like 1

Firstly, I probably would go mad if I had to stay here full time. Go away for a week or more and Phuket feels great again.

Palawan in the Philippines is breath-takingly beautiful, cheap and the locals are very hospitable. Nothing like Luzon.

I am here full time and most definitely mad so all is good lol