Lost Passport And Geeting A Police Report.

What happens when you report a lost / stolen passport to the BiB? What sort of questions do they ask? Do they need proof? Witnesses?

Do you need to give them proof of address and any other documentation? Will any police station do or do you use a main police station. I am in Pattaya.

Thanks

As with anything to do with police it will have to be the office where you suspect loss occurred. Obviously you can not provide proof but have no idea what questions you will be asked - expect the more information you have on the old passport the better however.

You should go to the main police station or perhaps the tourist police in Pattaya.

Do you have a copy of your passport including your visa, entry/permit to stay stamps and TM6 departure card?

Be sure you keep a copy (embassy might keep original) of the police report to show immigration after you get a new passport from your embassy.

You should go to the main police station or perhaps the tourist police in Pattaya.

Do you have a copy of your passport including your visa, entry/permit to stay stamps and TM6 departure card?

Be sure you keep a copy (embassy might keep original) of the police report to show immigration after you get a new passport from your embassy.

I have my passport number but not a copy of the passport or the visa. The 1 year visa payment will show up on my bank statement. I have the date I last did my 90 day visa run and the payment date for my e-visa will be on my bank statement too. Not sure that will help.

I'll be off to the police station shortly to report it.

The visa is history if passport remains lost and can not be restored so you will have to obtain a new visa/entry to continue your stay after your current permitted to stay ends.

So my visa from the Thai consulate in Hull will be void and cannot be replaced at all?

Indeed, you need to get a new visa. Immigration will not give you a new visa, only your current permisison to stay. (Which cna be extended if you meet the right criteria). But a valid multiple entry visa is lost when the passport is lost/stolen/damaged.

Indeed, you need to get a new visa. Immigration will not give you a new visa, only your current permisison to stay. (Which cna be extended if you meet the right criteria). But a valid multiple entry visa is lost when the passport is lost/stolen/damaged.

Then is it legal to have the new passport sent to my home address in the UK, sent on to Hull to have a new 1 year non O multiple entry visa based on age over 50 and then have the passport sent to me here, get the current valid permission to stay stamp and then go across the border to start the new 90 day sequence?

Hope that makes sense :)

It is not legal. There have been people that tried and got caught when they left the country because they had no exit stamps for here and no entry stamps for another country.

I am sure immigration would notice you had a new visa in your new passport when you go to get your stamps sorted out.

Edited by ubonjoe

If you have an income of 65,000 a month

OR

800,000 in a bank account in Thailand for at least 2 months

OR

have a combination of yearly income and money in the bank in Thailand totaling 800,000

you can get a 1 year extension from immigration. Income can be from abroad, which must be certified by your embassy.

It is legal to send the passport away for a visa, but you cannot do it from within Thailand. You must send your passport from a neighbouring country and receive it back in a neighbouring country and would be advised to travel back to Thailand by air.

It is not legal. There have been people that tried and got caught when they left the country because they had no exit stamps for here and no entry stamps for another country.

I am sure immigration would notice you had a new visa in your new passport when you go to get your stamps sorted out.

But I would have an exit stamp.

Currently, if I divert a renewed passport to Hull and get Hull to give me a new visa on the renewed passport and I get my current permission to stay stamp from Immigration here - as I have my stamps in my lost passport -, I exit Thailand, I'll have an exit stamp. Then activate the new non O from Hull, same as if I was coming in from abroad with a new visa.

I am not sending the passport from Thailand to Hull and having it sent back to me here in Thailand, simply diverted within the UK before being sent on to me here.

If as Mario says, I can send the passport to Hull to get a new visa from, say, Cambodia and then enter, I cannot really see the difference?

Immigration would ask how you got the visa without leaving the country. Make a trip to immigration and ask them. I am sure they would say no can do.

The difference is that you would be in Thailand while applying for a visa for Thailand. That cannot be done. You can only apply for a visa outside of Thailand.

OK. Thanks for that information.

You cannot blame me for looking at this from all angles ;)

Seems my best option then is to get the new passport, get my permission to stay, go to Snooky for a holiday, have a good time and get a new visa from the UK. Life could be worse !! whistling.gif

I appreciate your attention on this and it is good to have people like yourselves there for advice .

As a passport is classified as an essential identification document in Thailand, it is up to you report its loss as fast as you reasonably can.

Due to the important nature of this document, the Royal Thai Police have issued an order stating that they will accept a report of the loss of a passport at any Police Station nation-wide, regardless of where you have lost it! Sadly many Police Stations are not aware of this order.

Yes I know that some police stations will not accept a report unless it is in the police area that it was lost and this is true for any other lost thing that has monetary value, as police officers might have to investigate this loss.

Lumpini Police Station in Bangkok, is effectively in the diplomatic enclave and as such writes as many as 50 lost passport reports per day, without any fuss about address or passport number.

The head office of the Tourist Police on Rajdamoen Nok (near Khaosan road) next to the boxing stadium and opposite the UN headquarters, will also write a report for lost property from anywhere in Thailand.

Please be aware that while you are making a report you are making a legal sworn statement, you may also be asked to state that you have not overstayed your visa!

As a passport is classified as an essential identification document in Thailand, it is up to you report its loss as fast as you reasonably can.

Due to the important nature of this document, the Royal Thai Police have issued an order stating that they will accept a report of the loss of a passport at any Police Station nation-wide, regardless of where you have lost it! Sadly many Police Stations are not aware of this order.

Yes I know that some police stations will not accept a report unless it is in the police area that it was lost and this is true for any other lost thing that has monetary value, as police officers might have to investigate this loss.

Lumpini Police Station in Bangkok, is effectively in the diplomatic enclave and as such writes as many as 50 lost passport reports per day, without any fuss about address or passport number.

The head office of the Tourist Police on Rajdamoen Nok (near Khaosan road) next to the boxing stadium and opposite the UN headquarters, will also write a report for lost property from anywhere in Thailand.

Please be aware that while you are making a report you are making a legal sworn statement, you may also be asked to state that you have not overstayed your visa!

Interesting information there for myself and for others who might have lost their passports also.

Thanks for that :)

The visa is history if passport remains lost and can not be restored so you will have to obtain a new visa/entry to continue your stay after your current permitted to stay ends.

So my visa from the Thai consulate in Hull will be void and cannot be replaced at all?

I dont know how it works from UK, i am from Sweden and when i lost my passport i received a document from my Embassy thats polite asked the Immigration of Thailand to transfer any valid visas in the new passport, Immigration have all information of that if you have your old passport number.

I dont know how it works from UK, i am from Sweden and when i lost my passport i received a document from my Embassy thats polite asked the Immigration of Thailand to transfer any valid visas in the new passport, Immigration have all information of that if you have your old passport number.

That is true as you get your New Passport from your Embassy, the British Embassy do not do passports they are applied for in Hong Kong by the person, and then issued from the UK.

Note this is for Americans;

I have reported passports LOST three times here in Thailand over the past 25 years. For a lost passport they did not require a police report,

BUT if it was stolen they did.

so better head directly to the embassy an report it lost

When u get a new passport head to immigration and have them look up ur records when u came in so they can give u a new TM number and enter the admitted and date you need to leave

Always make a keep copies of ur Passport, visa, entry date and tm card as it makes things much easier.

i had to report is lost on friday, the british embassy asked me to get a police report so i just went down the road to lumpini police station, the woman at the counter said lost when, told her the date, she took the copy of the passport to write down my name and pass number etc, stamped the sheets signed here and there, asked for 20 baht and that was that, took 3-4 minutes

FYI I had my ass handed to me by the lovely young lady at the US embassy for waiting a few weeks to report mine stolen. Also make sure you go to the right police asylum in the jurisdiction where the theft/loss occurred. I waited a few hours in Patts and was told i had to go to Jom Tien although upon arrival i gave the correct address where the theft occurred. The actual report was quick and easy as he did not speak English and i can barely speak Thai. So stamp stamp gone. Good luck!

Note this is for Americans;

I have reported passports LOST three times here in Thailand over the past 25 years. For a lost passport they did not require a police report,

BUT if it was stolen they did.

so better head directly to the embassy an report it lost

When u get a new passport head to immigration and have them look up ur records when u came in so they can give u a new TM number and enter the admitted and date you need to leave

Always make a keep copies of ur Passport, visa, entry date and tm card as it makes things much easier.

It seems your info is out of date.

The loss of a valid U.S. passport is a serious matter. After searching carefully, back-tracking the places where it may have been lost, such as stores and banks, and checking with the appropriate Lost and Found departments and transportation companies, report the loss to a police station close to where the loss took place; or to any Tourist Police office. The Tourist Police telephone hotline number is 1155.

Source US embassy website: http://bangkok.usemb..._passports.html

Edited by ubonjoe

Lost my passport a while ago. Cost about 7500 baht for a new one and they will send it to the British embassy in Bangkok, takes at least 4 weeks. Get a police report from the tourist police then go to the embassy. Once you have your passport go to the immigration office in Bangkok to get your visa re-stamped.

Part of the necessity of reporting your passport lost/stolen quickly, is that there is a ready market for passports in this country and your embassy likes to cancel its number or notify Immigration asap.

FYI a "lost" Kuwaiti passport is worth USD 3,000-5,000 to the right person!

Just report it lost / stolen to the cop shop, tell them when you last saw it etc, your not going to get it back and thai police aren't going to help, just ask for the police report then head to your embassy and talk to them and ask the procedure, it's not the first time it happened and you will be able to get some sort of paperwork to sort yourself out.. If they only send to your address back home and you want to send it here make sure your family/friends take a copy of it and copy all the delivery receipts and ref numbers, send it express and register it through fedex or someone reliable.

Why dont you people make and keep safe a copy of all the pages with anything on them---all of them. I lost my NZ pp a couple of years ago and made one mistake.I reported to embassy and they immediately cancelled it making everything in it void.A few days later it turned up at the police stn.If I had not been so quick to report to the Embassy I could have carried on as if nothing had happened,but there i was with a useless pp and application forms from NZ on their way to me. Caused a lot of hassle and expense all for the sake of waiting a few days. Tourist police told me a lot of pp that are lost do turn up within the first week. Ask for the name of returner--mine was school kid----- and give them a 500bt reward. Saves you a lot more and gives falang a good name-------- Dougal

is this guy preparing to do something illegal ? if you lose your passport, just go to the police station... but here he is asking question if they will suspect if he really lost... is he wanting to sell it to one of his "african" friends who looks the same and testing here on TV if it is easy to get a new one

very suspicious

is this guy preparing to do something illegal ? if you lose your passport, just go to the police station... but here he is asking question if they will suspect if he really lost... is he wanting to sell it to one of his "african" friends who looks the same and testing here on TV if it is easy to get a new one

very suspicious

Was that aimed at me/ If so, completely wrong. Nothing wrong with enquiring about procedures and what happens and where to go. And about what happens to the visa you had in your lost passport.

We do not lose passports every day and it is good to get information to know what (if any) documentation you might need, proof of where and when lost etc.