Local Police Are Treating Mr Ketley As A Motorbike Crash

steven100

The father of an Australian man who Phuket police say was in a motorbike accident believes he did not crash but was beaten and left for dead.

Muay Thai fighter Daniel Ketley, 21, suffered life-threatening injuries and needed 45 stitches in his head after an incident near Soi Saiyuan in Naiharn in the early hours of June 8.

His story has emerged following reports an Australian woman was stabbed to death on the Thai holiday island last night .

Mr Ketley, who was raised on the Gold Coast and now lives in Phuket with his parents, left a friend's house and was heading to another friend's house when he was allegedly attacked.

His last memory is seeing a petrol station in the Soi Saiyuan area and thinks he may have been assaulted while stopping for fuel.

Local police are treating Mr Ketley as a motorbike crash victim despite his family, friends and family doctor disputing the claims.

His father Steve told ninemsn they believe he was savagely beaten, robbed of his wallet and phone and left for dead.

Mr Ketley was picked up by an ambulance at 2am and was admitted to hospital sober, with no grazes, a fractured skull and haemorrhaging and compression on the brain.

He also had a shattered eye socket, a broken jaw, four lost teeth, a fractured vertebra, nerve damage to his neck and shoulder and a fracture in the skull between his nose and upper lip.

If his neck had not been so strong from his Muay Thai training and conditioning, doctors said the accident would have been far worse.

<snip>

Continued here.

Sources: Steve Ketley, The Phuket News,

Author: Ali Best. News editor: Henri Paget

News report: www.ninemsn.com

Edited by Tywais
Edited for fair use. Added - Removed link to PW also

Sad story about the woman, the guy one is a maybe. Seen a Thai guy ride his bike into the back of a truck, tire took the impact no damage to the bike. Guy head first went over the handle bars face first into the back of the truck. Made a mess of him. Sure someone will come forward who can say what happened.

On another point, bit silly having no health insurance and being a Muay Thai fighter. Jim

it sounds personal more than anything ,maybe they took the wallet and phone as a bonus but id be well suspiciolus a 21 year old kid was targeted like this almost beated to beaten to death in a random mugging

if he was a pro fighter its even less likely he was mugged ,muggers usually pick an easy target

also ,mugged while walking is one thing

mugged while riding a motor cycle ? or filling gas at the gas station ? never heard that one before

probably a lot more here than actually made the news ........

it sounds personal more than anything ,maybe they took the wallet and phone as a bonus but id be well suspiciolus a 21 year old kid was targeted like this almost beated to beaten to death in a random mugging

if he was a pro fighter its even less likely he was mugged ,muggers usually pick an easy target

mugged while riding a motor cycle ? or filling gas at the gas station ? never heard that one before

In my little area we once had a spate of motosai thefts which involved that thin green rope, stretched across the road at head/chest height, incredibly difficult to see at night-time.

The upshot of which means that the rider is dragged off the bike backwards (hint - no scars on hand palms) and the bike suffers minimal damage. If the rider stayed conscious and tried to put up any sort of resistance, they ended up on the receiving end of a good kicking.

It may not have happened that way in this story, but I have no problem believing that he could be telling the truth.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 2

Wait till the resident TV conspiaracy theorists and foresic experts get their teeth into this one...

The guy himself doesnt know what happened to him, and as we all know riding motobikes in Thailand is a dangerous occuptation.....lack of dirty clothes, gravel rash etc doesnt prove anything

Maybe he was attacked, maybe he wasnt...nobody, including the person concerned knows..

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

In my little area we once had a spate of motosai thefts which involved that thin green rope, stretched across the road at head/chest height, incredibly difficult to see at night-time.

The upshot of which means that the rider is dragged off the bike backwards (hint - no scars on hand palms) and the bike suffers minimal damage. If the rider stayed conscious and tried to put up any sort of resistance, they ended up on the receiving end of a good kicking.

It may not have happened that way in this story, but I have no problem believing that he could be telling the truth.

Seems like driving into a rope on a motorbike would leave some fairly distinctive bruising.

Sad story about the woman, the guy one is a maybe. Seen a Thai guy ride his bike into the back of a truck, tire took the impact no damage to the bike. Guy head first went over the handle bars face first into the back of the truck. Made a mess of him. Sure someone will come forward who can say what happened.

On another point, bit silly having no health insurance and being a Muay Thai fighter. Jim

Maybe can't get health insurance because he is a Muay Thai fighter.

Then you haven't been here v long... There was a spate around the Rawai to Kata area a few years ago.

I think he meant it's silly to be a Muay Thai fighter.

I think he meant it's silly to be a Muay Thai fighter.

You may be right.I wouldn't take it on even in my younger days.

Then you haven't been here v long... There was a spate around the Rawai to Kata area a few years ago.

ive been here for years and many many many time ive went i to a gas station to buy some gas on my bikes

never been beaten to a pulp .......yet......for that and that alone

i would still guess someone had it in for this guy .......

ive been here for years and many many many time ive went i to a gas station to buy some gas on my bikes

never been beaten to a pulp .......yet......for that and that alone

i would still guess someone had it in for this guy .......

Check out the thread in the 'News' forum about the Australian lady who was stabbed to death.

She was walking, but other posters are also mentioning people who have been kicked off their scooters and robbed.

I remember the same thing happening (the Sai Yuan area was involved then too) a few years ago.

Wait till the resident TV conspiaracy theorists and foresic experts get their teeth into this one...

The guy himself doesnt know what happened to him, and as we all know riding motobikes in Thailand is a dangerous occuptation.....lack of dirty clothes, gravel rash etc doesnt prove anything

Maybe he was attacked, maybe he wasnt...nobody, including the person concerned knows..

It was Somchai, in the garage with a candlestick

• Like 1