Sym 200 Enduro M-Bike 54,500B.

NomadJoe

My biggest question is why you want your bike to be what it is not? I know a few people, and I agrees with most that you can buy a low budget motorcycle to do the average around town/neighborhood transport, even some are pretty capable to be an excellent commuter bike..

If you're proud that the Department of Land Transport has made a mistake, I need to inform you that I have informed them of the mistake. With the information you not blacked out your registration will probably be invalidated in say 2 weeks.... :)

Edited by Richard-BKK

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not listening. I got the book and plates yesterday. It takes about 3 months.

Ok i'm having a bit of fun with you guys. While I have not seen any conclusive evidence this isn't a SYM, I do believe it's possibly Chinese badged under SYM. That type of thing is common in the auto industry. If that's the case then the book is correct. We will find out.

There is some similarity but many differences between this bike and mine. Doesn't even appear to be the same engine.

Here is my bike, on the SYM Thailand website. http://www.sym-thailand.co.th/keeway/enduro/

Joe, look at the crankcase covers and header pipe, they are identical. The only visible difference of the engine is the colour. The Loncin on the Loncin website is the updated 2014 model not the 2012 but still uses the same model identification as it's predecessor. Do really believe SYM who don't even make enduro style bikes, would have an identical model number to a Loncin such as JL200GY-2C? The SYM Thailand website is owned, operated and maintained by SYM/Keeway importer Mbike. The bike you have is a Loncin imported by Mbike but that isn't to say it isn't a good bike and good value. I know Loncin don't make junk bikes, they even assemble engines for BMW and they are about to release a BMW engined Loncin badged bike of their own, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Mbike trying to get away with putting BMW badges on the Keeways :)

It is pretty clear that the bike is not made by Sym or even made for Sym by a Chinese OEM manufacturer. If that were the case, it would bear the Sym label, instead of the M-Bike one, which is even "engraved" on the engine and it would appear on Sym's (not to be confused with sym-thailand, which is their Thailand distributor's aka M-Bike's) website. It's pretty clear that M-Bike got this bike produced and labeled / badged under their own brand "Mbike" by a Chinese manufacturer. The way they (M-Bike) present it is a bit confusing / misleading, as evident by NomadJoe's confusion, who is hilariously resistent to accept what is obvious. I don't really think he went to the trouble and made up that green book pic, otherwise it would look incredibly like a troll stroll. Quality entertainment!

Edited by snorkelador

so, i cancel my cbr650f order and get a Loncin cum SYM/Keewaybiggrin.png - it is getting more complicated everyday isnt it?laugh.png - with wrong brand name in the book that does not state any brand.

What is the reason for them not stating the brand of the bike in the book? Because, they are another brand and not the one stated on the bike. Clearly misleading the customers. I am sure it is not a good feeling to learn suddenly like your SYM is actually a Loncin!!!

I am sure this is for many reasons. For cost cutting plus maybe tax or even for letting these bikes pass the environmental test as another bike.

Edited by ll2

... I probably would not have published it like this, as the frame number and engine number are not blacked out...

Why does it matter if my frame and engine number are showing? They are showing on my bike too.

If you're proud that the Department of Land Transport has made a mistake, I need to inform you that I have informed them of the mistake. With the information you not blacked out your registration will probably be invalidated in say 2 weeks.... smile.png

asshole-award_gp_530606.jpg

You certainly live up to your name, Dick.

Edited by NomadJoe

1.5mo and 2000km. So far so good. I'm liking this bike more and more everyday. 1/3 the price of a KLX or CF but the same amount of fun.

Sym.jpg

Is that one registered for road use? I ask as somewhere else (another thread?) someone said the 250 was not registerable.

Yes it is. It's a 200cc. The Lifan 250 was not registerable although board member Richard-BKK has one that is, but I think he pulled in some favors to get it "street legal". As far as I know it still isn't available here. There is also a Platinum 250 (actually 239cc) that is street legal and available for 67,000B

Richards Lifan 250:

2_lifan_lf250gy-7-02.jpg

Platinum 250

Platinum250.jpg

I have an amazing collection of motorcycles, probably over a 100 units in our warehouse, with Chinese manufacturers being in a quick calculation less than 10 percent. Sure I have a good collection of Lifan motorcycles in our main bonded-warehouse. But make it clear I or nor any of the companies I associated with own this motorcycles.

And sometimes the ownership of this motorcycles transfers to one of my companies as the original foreign owner doesn't want it back.

The Lifan LF250GY-7 is officially legal to enter Thailand, as it was received an all clear from the Thai government in the end of 2010. But Lifan Thailand and Lifan International have done nothing... Apparently, Lifan Thailand is making a profit run unmatched in most countries in the world.... not officially I talked to a Chinese Lifan official and he said, “Why we want to improve our company profile, we make more profit per unit than any manufacturer in Thailand...”

I have not much experience with the Platinum PX250, on specifications it .... not rally give any improvement over a 200cc engine... other than it uses more fuel.

Any request from me to buy a motorcycle from Platinum for testing in Thai and English to all email address and even telephone calls never paid off... And we mean ready cash... I give you the money – deal...

Its a complete different story with Mbike, a company owned by Taiwanese and Thai owners. They very easy to work with... remarkable informative to customers. They one and only motorcycle import /manufacturing company that takes seriously...

Yes, Honda Asia has at the end of 2013 an amazing idea to share English manuals to Thai owners. But when the figured out that the Thai/English owners manual from our website was available from about 20000 sources the canceled the agreement...

The thing is I see often people asking for a owners manual on Thaivisa and often people suggest that they should look on our website... and they will probably never find what they ask for, the thing is if they asked on the right website they had a English owners manual withing a few hours..... weird people

... I probably would not have published it like this, as the frame number and engine number are not blacked out...

Why does it matter if my frame and engine number are showing? They are showing on my bike too.

If you're proud that the Department of Land Transport has made a mistake, I need to inform you that I have informed them of the mistake. With the information you not blacked out your registration will probably be invalidated in say 2 weeks.... smile.png

asshole-award_gp_530606.jpg

You certainly live up to your name, Dick.

Today I talked about the issue of a Mbike JL200GY-2 being registered as a Sym or Keeway JL200GY-2 and the department head of the Department of Transport of Land Transport in Bangkok said, that the owner of the faulty green-book should contact the nearest DLT as soon as possible...

What I understand, sorry this people are not famous for sharing information ! The thing is the longer you wait the more difficult it becomes to fix a simple error... just to quote his words... still dealing with Thai departments on a daily base I would not contact the DLT without talking to Mbbike HQ......

For everybody... call me whatever you like... but I'm apparently the only person who try to help? And surewhen he ask about details about your case I was after your post tempted to give engine en chassis numbers.... who publish this anyway on a public forum...