Sym 200 Enduro M-Bike 54,500B.

NomadJoe

i was pasng from a SYM/Keeway dealer and see mbike/keeway 250 cc looking like dual sport.

I think ti is a new model?

But strange thing is it is written Mbike on the engine case and keeway stickers on teh tank so confused if it is Keeway or Mbike!

But it looks better that other keeway/mbike models.

Mbike is the name of the Thai importer of Keeway motorcycles and SYM scooters.
  • Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bike is 200cc. Its not a Keeway, but made from chinese parts and sold as "Mbike". Look at the first post. There are no Keeway stickers on the bike.

No. It was a different bike and written 250 on it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The bike is 200cc. Its not a Keeway, but made from chinese parts and sold as "Mbike". Look at the first post. There are no Keeway stickers on the bike.

No. It was a different bike and written 250 on it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I heard about this before. Keeway stickers on bikes that are not Keeway. Imo not good to "confuse the customer" like this. Can you post a picture next time you see it? I would like to know if this is done by Mbike, or by some of the Keeway dealers in Thailand.

1.5mo and 2000km. So far so good. I'm liking this bike more and more everyday. 1/3 the price of a KLX or CF but the same amount of fun.

Sym.jpg

Is that one registered for road use? I ask as somewhere else (another thread?) someone said the 250 was not registerable.

Yes it is. It's a 200cc. The Lifan 250 was not registerable although board member Richard-BKK has one that is, but I think he pulled in some favors to get it "street legal". As far as I know it still isn't available here. There is also a Platinum 250 (actually 239cc) that is street legal and available for 67,000B

Richards Lifan 250:

2_lifan_lf250gy-7-02.jpg

Platinum 250

Platinum250.jpg

I would never consider a Chinese or Taiwanese bike in the first place.

It's easy to think that they may be worth a try when they sit new and shiny on the showroom floor, especially with a sticker price lower than a Kawasaki KLX 125.

But ask yourself: how good can a 200cc bike be if it sells for 50 - 55K baht?

If you do the math and figure out how many happy km you can get out of a reliable Jap bike which doesn't break down in many years of happy ownership you may find out that a crappy Chinese product which doesn't even come close to the comfort level of a Jap bike that falls apart after a couple of years max with a mileage of 5 to 10K km turns out to be more expensive.

And then consider the resale value...

I buy cheap phones, fridges and washing machines but when it comes to bikes I want QUALITY!

You have to factor in the cost of manufacturing, which is cheaper in China. Otherwise Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki wouldn't be building bikes there. Your argument is flawed, but I do understand what your trying to say.

It is a SYM 200 M-bike Enduro. SYM is a Taiwanese company.

In the "flying geese paradigm," a concept describing technological and industrial advancement in Asia, Japan is 1st tier, Taiwan is 2nd, and China is 4th. The more I ride this bike the more I understand and believe this.

What in this thread called a “Sym 200 M-bike Enduro” is actually branded as a “Mbike Delta 200 Enduro” what on its own has nothing to do with Sym. They share the same Thai distribution company and that is the only link.

The Mbike Delta 200 Enduro is made by Loncin in China, and the bike is officially called the Loncin JL200GY-2.

Nothing bad about the Loncin JL200GY-2, the engine is rock solid and works really good. And yes, it's maybe not the latest technology but sometimes low-tech is the way to accomplish the objective.

Currently Mbike, the Thai distributor of the Delta 200 Enduro bike, is more concentrated on the Keeway line-up. I'm not even sure if they still sell the Loncin JL200GY-2, what I know is that they had a good price value and I advised a few friends to buy one (3 did).

At the time I still had my CPX ZF250 Enduro bike so I myself was not that much interested... But now that the GPX ZF250 is no more I'm still looking for a motorcycle that could replace it...

I have to say that reading these threads I am starting to warm to the thought of a Chinese, or Taiwanese soft road bike, as there are thousands of miles of tracks around here waiting to be explored.

I think the key factors are:-

Jap bikes aren't what they used to be in terms of build quality and there is too much high tech stuff on them. TIT and there is no one on hand to fix them in the villages.

If many of these Chinese bikes are using tried and proven engine/gearbox combinations, that is essentially "the bike", who gives a shit if indicators stop working when you are green laning?

These Chinese bikes look a bit shitty in terms of finish, but nothing an angle grinder, a spray can and a few stickers can't fix. Effecting the warranty, what warranty?

Plus of course the price, a grand for a new bike, just a question of model. Anyone know how big these are for fitting a six-footer? I have ridden a Lifan 200 and that was okay.

• Like 1

Let's clear this up about Taiwanese company SYM (Sanyang Industry Company). As Richard said - they have no relation to Keeway other than sharing the same Thai distributor. In Thailand there is no SYM model badged M-BIKE or Keeway. SYM motorcycles are not imported into Thailand, only scooters and stepthrus. From 1962 SYM manufactured the Honda Super Cub and various models of car for Honda Japan. Apart from making their own vehicles they also assemble and supply the engine, transmission and running gear (the same as is used in the SYM Fiddle 2) for the new Lambretta scooter. SYM also manufacture Hyundai cars for that South Korean car maker. SYM also has a factory in Nagoya, Japan where they manufacture vehicles for sale in Japan. For other markets SYM make the SYM Wolf 150 and 250 Motorcycles. Since last year I own a SYM Fiddle 2 scooter which has better build quality, performance and rideability than my previous Yamaha Fino and Honda Scoopy.

• Like 1

i still have not stopped laughing at the fact that they are sticking keeway stickers on bikes that are not keeway.......i have heard it all now.cheesy.gif

Is a "Keeyway" sticker such an asset?

It is not as if they are putting a Honda sticker on it, though that is what I will do if I buy one.

I can never understand why they use such crap names, surely the Chinese can afford a decent western marketing guy's fee and give it an Italian name, even Japanese. They could use him to style the bike too, fancy a cheap bike with Italian styling, they would sell like hot cakes.

i still have not stopped laughing at the fact that they are sticking keeway stickers on bikes that are not keeway.......i have heard it all now.cheesy.gif

cheesy.gif gets even funnier,think i will leave others to answer that.

It is not as if they are putting a Honda sticker on it, though that is what I will do if I buy one.

I can never understand why they use such crap names, surely the Chinese can afford a decent western marketing guy's fee and give it an Italian name, even Japanese. They could use him to style the bike too, fancy a cheap bike with Italian styling, they would sell like hot cakes.

Believe it or not, Keeway is not a Chinese brand from origin. It was originally registered as a European trademark by Keeway Hungary in 1999. I'm not 100% sure when Keeway was officially registered as a company, but they fully joined the QJ Group in 2004, and most of its production moved to China. Also the Keeway HQ move to Shanghai China, European HQ is still located in Hungary (http://www.keewaymotor.com/_d269029703.htm).

Currently Keeway is available in all European countries and they have an independent Research and Development Center in Italy.

• 1 month later...

What in this thread called a “Sym 200 M-bike Enduro” is actually branded as a “Mbike Delta 200 Enduro” what on its own has nothing to do with Sym. They share the same Thai distribution company and that is the only link.

I guess somebody forgot to tell the Land Transport Dept. My book arrived today.

PICT0039.jpg

Let's clear this up about Taiwanese company SYM (Sanyang Industry Company). As Richard said - they have no relation to Keeway other than sharing the same Thai distributor. In Thailand there is no SYM model badged M-BIKE or Keeway. SYM motorcycles are not imported into Thailand, ...

Keeway and Sym have nothing to do with one another? Not imported to Thailand? Are you sure? Cause here is my warranty book/maintenance schedule.

PICT0040.jpg

Pfeww..Glad you were here to "clear this up." lol

Edited by NomadJoe

NomadJoe, i am pretty sure that Richard is right, your bike is neither a SYM nor a Keeway. And these two companies aren't related in any way. If MBike prints warranty books with SYM and Keeway logo on it than neither SYM nor Keeway is responsible. I don't like this "practice" of MBike. You should ask MBike why they register bikes with wrong brand names (your bike) and wrong model numbers (like they do with the Keeway RKV200 that has the model number of your bike afaik). Strange, but TiT and MBike is a thai company...

• Like 1

What in this thread called a Sym 200 M-bike Enduro is actually branded as a Mbike Delta 200 Enduro what on its own has nothing to do with Sym. They share the same Thai distribution company and that is the only link.

PICT0039.jpg

Let's clear this up about Taiwanese company SYM (Sanyang Industry Company). As Richard said - they have no relation to Keeway other than sharing the same Thai distributor. In Thailand there is no SYM model badged M-BIKE or Keeway. SYM motorcycles are not imported into Thailand, ...

Keeway and Sym have nothing to do with one another? Not imported to Thailand? Are you sure? Cause here is my warranty book/maintenance schedule.

PICT0040.jpg

Oh dear, there are none blinder than those who refuse to see. Well, I own a SYM scooter. Only SYM scooters are imported into Thailand, NOT motorcycles. I said this in my post but you chose to omit where I wrote that only scooters are imported. SYM and KEEWAY are imported by a Thai company called Mbike. That is their ONLY relation. SYM is a well respected old Taiwanese company called Sanyang who also manufacture cars for Hyundai and built millions of Cubs for Honda. They even have a factory in Japan. Keeway is a Chinese company owned by QJ who also own Benelli. Your registration book has the incorrect manufacturer in it. Not uncommon here if you bother to read other threads. Richard might come across as a bit of a know all but one thing he does know about more than most is Chinese motorcycles. Do some research and you won't have to keep coming on here embarrassing yourself. Lol.

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

You have indeed a interesting green-book, and I probably would not have published it like this, as the frame number and engine number are not blacked out...

If I was you I would contact Mbike, who is the distributor for Thailand for several automotive and motorcycle brands (including Benelli, Keeway, Sym) and they once sold the Joncin JL200GY-2 under their own name... (see http://www.loncinie.com/Product11/Detailed46/ for more info about your motorcycle).

What happens sometimes is that most two-wheelers from Mbike are Sym scooters, they actually sell a good amount of them. So if a motorcycle comes to the desk people know that Mbike is a company that imports motorcycles and probably assume that it's a typo and change Mbike to Sym... Of course this purely theoretical, because I think that not much people know what go's on in the mind of a Thai civil-servant working at the Department of Land Transport...

so, they bring Loncin parts here to assemble and brand them as Keeway or maybe SYM?

it smells like a scam!

See it for what anyway you like it, but Mbike is not the one doing it. The blame should be at the Department of Land Transport who handled the paperwork.

I have also seen Ninja as brandname and the model was 250R… it’s just incompetence, and the person who receives identification papers like this should direct complain.

By the way the Loncin JL250CY-2C were imported as the Mbike JL200GY-2C, 100% legal and all taxes and import duty paid.

For my motorcycle I own a person at the department of land transport had forgot the "RR" after the model number… Sure I made it a big issue as the same bike without "RR" cost remarkable less…

Edited by Richard-BKK

so, they bring Loncin parts here to assemble and brand them as Keeway or maybe SYM?

it smells like a scam!

See it for what anyway you like it, but Mbike is not the one doing it. The blame should be at the Department of Land Transport who handled the paperwork.

I have also seen Ninja as brandname and the model was 250R… it’s just incompetence, and the person who receives identification papers like this should direct complain.

By the way the Loncin JL250CY-2C were imported as the Mbike JL200GY-2C, 100% legal and all taxes and import duty paid.

For my motorcycle I own a person at the department of land transport had forgot the "RR" after the model number… Sure I made it a big issue as the same bike without "RR" cost remarkable less…

I dont know Richard. Just it smells fishy.

it smells like a scam!

I dont know Richard. Just it smells fishy.

It's just incorrect, and this errors happen – often more with less known brands, did he already contacted Mbike HQ or did he just went to the dealer – who will probably say its normal as most budget motorcycle dealers not like to fix administrative errors.

Therefore it's essential that a person who has an incorrect brand name in his greenbook contacts the distributor or the Department of Land Transport. Personally I would first contact the distributor as the Department of Land Transport sometimes fixes things like this by invalidating the registration of the motorcycle... what is not a real solution... But than we are in Thailand.

Edited by Richard-BKK

^

so if i put a Honda sticker on my Loncin and go to DLT to claim like they put the wrong name on greenbook, do they just change my greenbook like Honda?

i am sure they ask some kind of document from you to prove the brand and model including chassis and engine number and i am sure it will be the same document dealer gives to DLT before to register the bike for you.

Edited by ll2

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

You have indeed a interesting green-book, and I probably would not have published it like this, as the frame number and engine number are not blacked out...

If I was you I would contact Mbike, who is the distributor for Thailand for several automotive and motorcycle brands (including Benelli, Keeway, Sym) and they once sold the Joncin JL200GY-2 under their own name... (see http://www.loncinie.com/Product11/Detailed46/ for more info about your motorcycle).

What happens sometimes is that most two-wheelers from Mbike are Sym scooters, they actually sell a good amount of them. So if a motorcycle comes to the desk people know that Mbike is a company that imports motorcycles and probably assume that it's a typo and change Mbike to Sym... Of course this purely theoretical, because I think that not much people know what go's on in the mind of a Thai civil-servant working at the Department of Land Transport...

Richard you have been wrong about more things concerning bikes on this forum than one can count.

My book arrived with the exact make I was expecting. Not a chance I am going to try to have it changed because a couple guys on the internet said I should. You guys are hilarious. Thanks for the entertainment.

Why does it matter if my frame and engine number are showing? They are showing on my bike too.

Edited by NomadJoe

If you want to believe your bike is a SYM thats OK. Maybe you want to print out some SYM stickers and glue it on the bike too. The guy at mychinamoto forum had put Honda stickers on his bike. Whatever makes you happy... biggrin.png

x2011-09-18145108.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FEyau

But whats about the bike? Running good? How many km now? Any problems? Pro and cons so far?

Yeah I have chatted with that guy about his. Not putting SYM or Honda stickers on mine, but I am looking for a nice decal pack. Anyone know where I can source that in the LOS?

Mechanically so far so good. No major problems so far, but it's only been 3 months. Having just come from riding the EX650, I do tend wring it's neck everywhere I go. Indicated top spead is about 95 before it starts to complain, but I think actual is a bit faster.It's got very short gears. I had the tail light go out twice, and the headlight once. Tial light the dealer paid for both times. Headlight was 150B. I had to make some adjustments to the rear foot pegs cause they rattled, and a little rubber protector broke off the fork so when the chain gets loose it rattles. I ordered a replacement yesterday. Plastic is low quality and scratches easily.

One of the things I like is it has a traditional gearbox. A bit clunky,but so was my Ninja. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a gas gauge.

My dealer told me yesterday that they are still available by order for 56k baht, another thing that contradicts Richards comments earlier. I have read elsewhere they can be had in Bangkok for 48k.

• Like 1

There is some similarity but many differences between this bike and mine. Doesn't even appear to be the same engine.

Here is my bike, on the SYM Thailand website. http://www.sym-thailand.co.th/keeway/enduro/

Even on your Thai website it says Mbike Enduro 200... Not sure what you want to say?

Yeah I have chatted with that guy about his. Not putting SYM or Honda stickers on mine, but I am looking for a nice decal pack. Anyone know where I can source that in the LOS?

Mechanically so far so good. No major problems so far, but it's only been 3 months. Having just come from riding the EX650, I do tend wring it's neck everywhere I go. Indicated top spead is about 95 before it starts to complain, but I think actual is a bit faster.It's got very short gears. I had the tail light go out twice, and the headlight once. Tial light the dealer paid for both times. Headlight was 150B. I had to make some adjustments to the rear foot pegs cause they rattled, and a little rubber protector broke off the fork so when the chain gets loose it rattles. I ordered a replacement yesterday. Plastic is low quality and scratches easily.

One of the things I like is it has a traditional gearbox. A bit clunky,but so was my Ninja. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a gas gauge.

My dealer told me yesterday that they are still available by order for 56k baht, another thing that contradicts Richards comments earlier. I have read elsewhere they can be had in Bangkok for 48k.

Wait, you receive a incorrect greenbook for your motorcycle 3 month ago but did not complain? Now you asking for problems... not today, not tomorrow, but in the near future they will figure out that your greenbook is invalid.... I'm pretty sure when next year Sym will setup shop in Thailand they will address this issue...