Sym 200 Enduro M-Bike 54,500B.

NomadJoe

I've also seen these on a website somewhere, I really like the look of the motard version. Is is the same price?

Any one gotta price on the Sym. Motard yet ???? Also gear shift pattern. ??? Cheers

I haven't seen any official price listed for the Delta 200 yet. RichardBKK seems to think they will be 72,000B, (http://www.motorcycl...?showtopic=4598) but that price is suspect to me when one considers that the KLX250 and a D-Tracker 250 are the same price, and the price difference between the Lifan 200 Cross and the Lifan X-plore 200M is just 3500B. I have noticed that the trend in announcing motorcycle prices in Thailand is usually to start high, then by the time official announcement the price has come down. I just tried calling Keeway's dealer hotline at 02 613 9727 but it seems busy. I'll try again later.

It has a traditional gear shift. 1 down 5 up. (Also a great advantage over the Lifan if you are used to a traditional configuration)

Delta-Front.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nomad. Personally i'm heavily leaning towards the Lifan x-plore when I finally get around to getting my new bike, although I agree, the m-bike is more of a looker. If it is 72k, it's also a little more than I wish to gamble on getting one of these, especially with so few independent reviews out there.

If you do get one, or you find any more info out about the price, keep us updated, my mind isn't completely made up yet!

Ummm... Not being pedantic but a KLX250/DTracker 250 is priced way more than 70+ K... You guys a referring to the KLX150/DTracker 150, right?

Sorry Red, I did not make that clear did I. I meant that the D-Tracker 250 and the KLX 250 are the same price as each other. I was looking at how much motard versions of similar bikes cost relative to the dirt version.

Incidentally, the KLX 125 is 82,000B while the D-Tracker 125 is 86,500.

Edited by NomadJoe

Hmm the top three pics have normal forks the lower ones have upside downers. Anyway not bad looking and I hate those mag wheels too. Change to spokes and it would look so much better.

Edit.

Just seen the usd forks are the 'super motard'

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by apetley

Saw an M-bike in Chiang rai for 49,900,\. popped my head inside to ask questions but just one guy in there with the tunes cranked and did his best to avoid eye contact with me even after a couple of minutes of me standing there.

I walked away.

Only thing with the Moto version was the location of the kick start ! Found it kins of stuck into my leg, but didnt test ride..... If they have the motard version in the Stallion shop will be very very interested

Where did you sit on the Motord version? They did not have one at Phuket Stallion when I went there a couple weeks ago.

I had the same problem with the kick start on my Platinum PX175. Any mike shop can bend it for you.

Edited by NomadJoe

• 9 months later...

Hello,

Do you know if the Sym enduro 200 (JL200GY-2) is still avaible at Mbike or in another dealershop in Thailand ?

First the JL200GY-2 is not a Sym, it's sold as a Mbike and was manufactured by Loncin.

For the question if Mbike still sells the Mbike JL200GY-2 you best can somebosy who speaks Thai call them at 02-613-9727.

Thank you RIchard,

My ex girlfriend have phoned to this number. It looks like there is 2 shops in chiang mai where it is possible to buy this bike. My girlfirend got numbers phone but I will take care of this in one month, when I will be in Chiang Mai. I will make you aware of everything of course.

see you smile.png

Edited by DrAzTiK

I would never consider a Chinese or Taiwanese bike in the first place.

It's easy to think that they may be worth a try when they sit new and shiny on the showroom floor, especially with a sticker price lower than a Kawasaki KLX 125.

But ask yourself: how good can a 200cc bike be if it sells for 50 - 55K baht?

If you do the math and figure out how many happy km you can get out of a reliable Jap bike which doesn't break down in many years of happy ownership you may find out that a crappy Chinese product which doesn't even come close to the comfort level of a Jap bike that falls apart after a couple of years max with a mileage of 5 to 10K km turns out to be more expensive.

And then consider the resale value...

I buy cheap phones, fridges and washing machines but when it comes to bikes I want QUALITY!

You haven't owned a Chinese bike recently, or probably ever so your opinion is an assumption based on hearsay. Resale value is not really an issue when the Jap bikes depreciate as much as the full retail cost of a Chinese bike in a couple of years. How is that more expensive? I haven't seen many recent Chinese bike owners complaining about expensive repairs. Sure there are repairs, that is to be expected at the price you pay, but these low tech bikes are cheap to repair. I have heard some bad stories about earlier bike models, particularly older Platinums (not sure if they are Chinese) but the current crop of bikes seem to be fitting the bill as value based bikes. Got more than 2 years on my Chinese bike and it still does what I need it to do and starts on the first try. I use it mostly off road so it has been ridden hard and put away wet. I would buy another but there is no need, so I am waiting for more options to come available in larger displacement bikes for touring.

• Like 2

You haven't owned a Chinese bike recently, or probably ever so your opinion is an assumption based on hearsay. Resale value is not really an issue when the Jap bikes depreciate as much as the full retail cost of a Chinese bike in a couple of years. How is that more expensive? I haven't seen many recent Chinese bike owners complaining about expensive repairs. Sure there are repairs, that is to be expected at the price you pay, but these low tech bikes are cheap to repair. I have heard some bad stories about earlier bike models, particularly older Platinums (not sure if they are Chinese) but the current crop of bikes seem to be fitting the bill as value based bikes. Got more than 2 years on my Chinese bike and it still does what I need it to do and starts on the first try. I use it mostly off road so it has been ridden hard and put away wet. I would buy another but there is no need, so I am waiting for more options to come available in larger displacement bikes for touring.

dont bite canuck, he is just regurgitating some old loserlaser's posts.

The facts is that the Mbike JL200GY-2 is probably one of the first Chinese made motorcycle in Thailand. What means that the JL200GY-2 is being sold for 8 or 9 years with some minor revisions.

You cannot find any serious complains about this motorcycle, it comes with 3-years warranty and anybody I have seen with a Mbike JL200GY-2 is very happy with it.

The Kawasaki KLX125, as sold in Thailand, is an absolute disappointment for most owners when it comes to performance. Kawasaki sells in Thailand also the KLX150, but this version is based on the same technology as most Chinese motorcycle (carburetor and air-cooling), to be honest even the Honda Wave 125 is a more powerful than the KLX125 or KLX150...

I would never consider a Chinese or Taiwanese bike in the first place.

It's easy to think that they may be worth a try when they sit new and shiny on the showroom floor, especially with a sticker price lower than a Kawasaki KLX 125.

But ask yourself: how good can a 200cc bike be if it sells for 50 - 55K baht?

If you do the math and figure out how many happy km you can get out of a reliable Jap bike which doesn't break down in many years of happy ownership you may find out that a crappy Chinese product which doesn't even come close to the comfort level of a Jap bike that falls apart after a couple of years max with a mileage of 5 to 10K km turns out to be more expensive.

And then consider the resale value...

I buy cheap phones, fridges and washing machines but when it comes to bikes I want QUALITY!

You have to factor in the cost of manufacturing, which is cheaper in China. Otherwise Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki wouldn't be building bikes there. Your argument is flawed, but I do understand what your trying to say.

About 6 years ago I used to import custom built folding bikes (cycles) from Taiwan and at that time Taiwan was probably the world leader in mass produced cycles, with all companies there free from European anti-dumping levies, due to their high build quality qualification.

One of the main reasons for the high build quality was the materials used and assuming they are using the same high grade materials in these motorbikes, I would assume the end product to be much better that those from China, both in terms of finish and longevity.

Now I know a lot of things change in 6/7 years, but Taiwan are much closer to Japanese technology and the needs of western markets than China. I have visited manufacturers in both countries and the difference is startling, Taiwan is already very westernised in every way, China is still emerging.

Don't lump Taiwan in with China, they are completely different countries.

Edited by AllanB

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

1.5mo and 2000km. So far so good. I'm liking this bike more and more everyday. 1/3 the price of a KLX or CF but the same amount of fun.

Sym.jpg

Is that one registered for road use? I ask as somewhere else (another thread?) someone said the 250 was not registerable.

• Like 1

i was pasng from a SYM/Keeway dealer and see mbike/keeway 250 cc looking like dual sport.

I think ti is a new model?

But strange thing is it is written Mbike on the engine case and keeway stickers on teh tank so confused if it is Keeway or Mbike!

But it looks better that other keeway/mbike models.