Controversy Over Breast Painting: Do People Even Care That They Are Being Lied To?

webfact

Lied to? How unusual in Thailand! My experience is that very few people tell the truth.

Depends on the circles you move in I suppose...

Police, shopkeepers, lawyers, bar girls, non bar girls, ex wife, neighbour, politicians, moo baan manager, waiting staff .... to name just a few categories..............

So basically out of a population of 65 million or whatever very few tell the truth. Right? Painting with a pretty broad brush there ian.

Lied to? How unusual in Thailand! My experience is that very few people tell the truth.

Police, shopkeepers, lawyers, bar girls, non bar girls, ex wife, neighbour, politicians, moo baan manager, waiting staff .... to name just a few categories..............

So basically out of a population of 65 million or whatever very few tell the truth. Right? Painting with a pretty broad brush there ian.

Don't you mean broad breast?

Even if she was paid I will say that the performance was an important piece of performing art.

If art is intended to force people to ask difficult questions, stimulate debate, challenge convention and entertain this performance is probably the most creative thing to come out if Thailand in many years. Beats seeing another portrait painting for the sole purpose of deification.

Girls painting with their tits is also much more interesting than watching dogs dance a salsa.

Do People Even Care That They Are Being Lied To?

Off course not. We live already in a society which is more or less based on promises, lies and ignorance and none of the Thais I know really cares about that. So why should anyone care about some tiddly, tiny small boobies no one could see anyway.

Now, if a Ladyboy advertising his femininity with huge coconut and wearing a miniskirt bearly hiding his banana, that's a <Ssssnnniiipppp> big lie and Thais are even proud of having this "third sex".

So, NO. Thai's don't care if they lied to contrary, they would be really shocked if someone would tell the truth.

BTW - Thai people DON't lie, they just joking. Thai people DON't steal, they just borrowing.

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity edited in context to content.

Is anybody really surprised by any thing in the above article?

Yes me. I'm surprised that there are people like this journalist who thinking that everything that is on TV is true, is shocked when he finds out that TV is really fake. Of course the journalist is just a product of the education system where everyone believes in myths and fairies in the make believe kingdom.

Sure. My experience is that under these circumstances one is entitled to paint with a broad brush. They can look you in the face and deny things have happened when you both have just seen it happen. Extraordinary people in my view. Amijung48 is probably one of the worst, if you see what I mean.

Edited by ianf
  • Like 1

Stopped watching Thai TV a few years ago, heck stopped watching most TV channels, and stuck with Discovery and History Channel, at least there you don't have soap's, "Talent" shows, and news reports about all the destruction in the world, wars, global warming and all that depressing news. Oh, and most on the those two channels I do watch are mostly reruns, so no surprises there.

But on the topic of demoralizing TV programs and questionable ethics of TV channels, that is nothing new, just try and go back 15-20 years and remember what was on the TV, and what was shown in the news casts or as entertainment... no naked ladies, no up close killings of middle eastern fanatics, no shows about what you will do to get 15 mins of fame, in various tropical settings with alcoholic youths trying to survive 2 weeks without cheating on their partners while doing mindless tasks.

Ok rant over smile.png

"no shows about what you will do to get 15 mins of fame"

I remember the Gong Show about 15-20 years ago. I know what you mean though. Agreed.