Whats Your Hobby In Los?

Scuba diving, but at present I am so uninspired by the possibilities here for the type of diving I like, I am not active. I'll keep it up, but I won't be going as regularly as I was in the UK.

I've always enjoyed riding motorbikes, and I am looking to get into some trail riding, which i've always been interested in, but never tried.

I need something to do to keep the adreneline flowing.

Edited by LucidLucifer

Relaxing is the prefered hobby, as I'm sure other people who work here will vouch for.

But that is a good thread BeenThereDoneThat! The only advice that I give to people moving to the area that I am living is to be sure they have something to do. It must be noted that most people moving here up-country are either relatively new to Thailand or moving from the commercial areas (Pattaya, Bkk, Phuket, etc.).

It is the second group that seem to have the most trouble adapting!

My hobby is making fishing lures and tying tube flies. I think the reason I enjoy it is there are so many different options in materials and colors that you don't have to do the same thing twice and I like using my hands. Actually woodworking would be high on my list but a condo is not a good place to do that. Reading takes up a fair bit of my time but my wife is a avid reader and goes through about 6 books a week. She also sews for her entertainment.

Most of you guys are too ambitious for me, scuba diving and chasing the ladies while it sounds like fun requires more energy than I have. Played golf about 30 years ago and still have a set of clubs but a bad back messed that up.

But I agree when you retire you should have a hobby to occupy your time or things can get very boring.

I don't like the idea of saying "going to the movies" is your hobby if you're just another regular moviegoer. I mean, everyone likes movies, everyone watches movies. A hobby is supposed to be something you like more and commit more time to than the regular joe. So unless you watch every movie that comes out and are a noted member of some fancy movie forum where your opinion is highly regarded, I'd be dubious about a "movie hobbyist". Same goes for walking. And by that logic, I'd be worried if your hobby is drinking.

You forgot the most exhilaration sport/hobby (as long as you're near some large body of water !) which of course is SAILING !

Been here 20 years and I can guarantee you that the sailing, here near Pattaya/Jomtien is superb.

There are also some sailing-clubs which one could join, or simply go the Trailer-Sailer route.

post-10410-0-38627000-1340498916_thumb.j

post-10410-0-05986000-1340498942.jpg

Edited by jaapfries

My Hobby's here: (in no particular order)

- Gardening

- Writing many different Computer Programs for my friends (back in Europe) (just for the fun of it)

- Organizing my Music (especially finding (Legal of course) as much Cover vs Originals and rare oldies)

(Good site for this: http://www.cover-vs-original.com/)

- Reading here on TV and some other forums.

- Cooking

- Badminton

- Drinking (Only after it got Dark)

- And most importantly, making my wife laugh every day.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

I'm curious as to what hobbies people in LOS have and how they differ from the rest of the world.

Here is a short list of popular hobbies, what is yours?

Fishing

Sewing

Reading

Walking

Woodworking

Golf

Photography

Bird watching

Watching movies

Drinking

Mines the 2nd one on your list - but you got the spelling wrong. :rolleyes:

i am retired. that's the reason why i am always busy and have no time for any hobbies ph34r.png

Sorry to hear that you don't have the time to do things you really like doing. If that is retirement I pass biggrin.png

Edited by MJCM

I don't like the idea of saying "going to the movies" is your hobby if you're just another regular moviegoer. I mean, everyone likes movies, everyone watches movies. A hobby is supposed to be something you like more and commit more time to than the regular joe. So unless you watch every movie that comes out and are a noted member of some fancy movie forum where your opinion is highly regarded, I'd be dubious about a "movie hobbyist". Same goes for walking. And by that logic, I'd be worried if your hobby is drinking.

Well I figure your hobby can be whatever you choose it to be. You can collect belly button lint for a hobby if you like, it would not be my choice, but I don't have to agree with everyone's hobby. I would think some people would consider Iron man races a hobby and it would certainly take a lot of time and dedication. So you can look at walking as working up to iron man, where do you draw the line? Caving seems like a it could be a good hobby if you were up to it.

But whatever you choose good luck with it and enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

I think one of my main problems being here is that I don't have any hobbies. Back in England I was into photography, ballet, blogging, writing, graphic design... Now I barely do any of these. sad.png

This post has inspired me to get on it and start finding myself again.

After reading about your recent episode at your home maybe instead of ballet, take up some self defence course. Glad to hear you are OK.

My hobby is making fishing lures and tying tube flies.

Sounds interesting, as I am a fisherman- do you take orders for lures ? Please PM me and we can discuss further.

In terms of my own hobbies, I became quite lazy of the last couple of years after I drifted out of playing weekend football and fell into a cycle of drinking/shopping mall/cinema/watching TV. Although I guess these are more activities than hobbies.

However, I have kicked myself into action recently and my rediscovered my love of fishing, which is my main hobby now. I try to fish once a week around Bangkok somewhere. I have also finally replaced the football with badminton on Saturdays and Sundays and I am enjoying my weekends so much more now ! The fishing is fun and quite relaxing and the badminton is more social and a good work-out.

Edited by realfunster